Reviews for Displacement of Time and Space
Oxymironic chapter 30 . 2/22/2017
Ive always hated Tasha Yarr. For various resons. And I'm of the thought that she was only intrigued by Data because he wasn't a man and therefore couldn't hurt her like people do.
Guest chapter 32 . 12/21/2015
Considering this story hasn't been updated for nearly 10 years, I'd say it's dead eh?
stars90 chapter 32 . 3/5/2014
I'm really enjoying this! I'd love it if you'd continue!
EffervescentNova chapter 32 . 7/19/2013
Holt never expressed that he thought of aliens as equals, in fact no species can ever treat another as truly equal, all will have an inherent bias towards their own species. Not the Luxans, Delvians nor anyone is capable for example of putting the survival of another species ahead of their own. Holt only said that he thought they weren't all inferior and that the Peacekeeper policy that says otherwise is hurting both the Peacekeepers and Sebacean race.
EffervescentNova chapter 30 . 7/19/2013
Your descriptions of time were off. A cyle would be a least twice as long as a year according to you descriptions of microts, arns, rotations and cycles. So if Chrichton had said that he was assuming the humans on board Guarm were arriving 200 cycles after he disappeared then this would mesh well with the claim that the Guarm made of being 400 years into Chrichton's future. But you had Chrichton make the statement that he assumed that they were 200 years ahead which doesn't fit with what he already knew. Also Chianna's statement that they must be at least a thousand cycles ahead of the time Chrichton left Earth, I'm assuming this is because they were able to reach a Leviathan and she has not yet seen their real technical abilities. Even so, considering the slow rate of developement you implied very early on in this fic in regards to the developement of other species in this galaxy, I beleive her guesstimate would have larger than a thousand cycles. But I'll go with it if she's just basing it off of the fact that humans have managed to encounter Guarm and other alien species. Finally, Data said he had arrived from the Alpha quadrant into their quadrant of space. This language is foreign to Farscape, they dodn't think in thee terms. It is also used improperly as the quadrants that Data refers to relate to quadrants of a single galaxy, the Milky Way.

If my reviews bother you, just tell me to stop, but most authors usually complain of too little feedback for their work and often enjoy challengeing my statements and assumptions.
EffervescentNova chapter 29 . 7/19/2013
He took out two snipers after being shot and falling to the ground and they used the Luxan ship to land without anyone noticing the dust up so as to provide cover. This is all unbelievable you could do with work on your combat descriptions. You also bumped Data four ranks, when if you hadn't altered the rank structure unnecessarily a simple bump to Captain would have sufficed. Also, since Starfleet decided to send Defiant class ships anyway, one which can cloak outside of the Alpha quadrant would have come in handy, especially considering Work was already in command of the Defiant at the beginning of this fic. Why was Data in command amongst the Starfleet personnel anyway? It was completely unwarranted. Finally, you got the new rank structure badly wrong. First of all a Captain in command of a vesesel is equal to a Colonel. Second an Ensign is a junior officer, whereas a Sergeant is a noncom. Officer always supercedes noncom. As I say the whole rank change thing was just bizarre, the structure aren't designed to mix as the ranks also denote different roles, thus if someone changed position onboard a Starfleet vessel they'd have to alter their rank as well. Very very silly!
EffervescentNova chapter 28 . 7/19/2013
Surely command codes are only valid, until someone changes them. Also a metra is more than akilometre, closer to a mile not a metre. Still you originally had her distance at 12 feet, a jump of 12 metres would actually kill you as it would be like jumping from a fourth floor window.
EffervescentNova chapter 27 . 7/19/2013
I should point out that Pilot himself stated that Leviathan's live a great deal shorter lives than those of Pilot's species, who in turn live approx 1000 cycles.
EffervescentNova chapter 26 . 7/19/2013
This is set after the Peacekeeper wars, yet Scorpius is still hunting wormholes. I also don't think you captured Scorpius' patience properly.
EffervescentNova chapter 25 . 7/19/2013
I wasn't aware Peacekeepers could send their own ships through wormholes without turning their crews to liquid. If the cat people have time travel ability, then they could just go back in time and ask their forebears where Earth is. It would have been simpler to say that the people who elevated their race had wormhole travel while they themselves have lost the knowledge.
EffervescentNova chapter 24 . 7/19/2013
There's no way that they would trade even old phaser and shield technology with this new galaxy, as it could easily upset the balance in this area of space. You've made them seem amateurish and I doubt they have the authority to instigate such trades without consulting Starfleet command. The most technological trading we ever saw in Star Trek was for medical technology, computer improvements and sometimes when people were in desperate need, power generation tech. I'm still not sure why they would give up their transporter abilities in favour of being able to replicate supplies they don't even need yet. The transporter offers greater tactical advantages than anything in this galaxy something they would have known. They would also have known, having already been told by Tam that the now 'dead' builders are the craftsmen behind the Leviathans. There's no reason to think that the other species in this galaxy are as advanced, just more belligerent. I still don't understand why you've insisted on making the Hetch drive more efficient than the Warp drivem especially considering the Hetch drive travels through normal space. Warp drive would have been more comparable to the starburst ability, excpet an artificial version with greater longevity since the power source is an anti matter warp core. You're probably sick of my reviews by now, but I do love crossover sci-fi and I just can't let it go when I see deviations with the original depictions in the actual shows.
EffervescentNova chapter 23 . 7/19/2013
They have Tinman, which is essentially a Leviathan, which is a cargo vessel. They should easily have managed to bring any and all supplies needed for the expedition. They've been in the new galaxy for all of 10 minutes and they're already worried about supply shortages. Even Moya's crew of escaped convicts managed to scavenge months worth of supplies. A Starfleet expedition should've been much better equipped. I noticed you mentioned shuttles, but not the Delta Flyer specifically, the Delta Flyer was capapble for flying independently for weeks without support. I'm not sure what the purpose of all this is, there's a lot of introspection going on with not much focus or preparation for the task at hand, especially from the Starfleet group. You expect disorder and chaos from the Farscape universe but not from Starfleet's most experienced officers and commanders.
EffervescentNova chapter 22 . 7/19/2013
A Prowler doesn't have the capacity for shield generators, which is why the Peacekeepers don't have them on their Prowlers. A generator is after quite a large device. John was too boastful about his abilities to his friends, it didn't sound like John Crichton, furthermore Aeryn can only manage her weapons and Prowler, and only those out of necessity. She's not as you've written the most technically gifted after Crichton and Jool. I still think you're puffing up John and Aeryn's mythos unnecessarily.
EffervescentNova chapter 21 . 7/19/2013
A few thousand cycles of space travel is hardly enough to evolve significant competitive advantages. The majority of any difference in species will be the result of conditions on their homeworlds. With the exception of Peacekeepers who we know are genetically modified. I still don't understand what would cause the leaders of the separatists to just hand over command of 200 command carriers to John Chrichton. This event has been in the making well before Chrichton's arrival, supposedly with the intent of stopping the Scarrens and Nebari, saving the Peacekeepers and the Sebacean race, yet the plan so far seems to have been to snatch as many ships as possible and hide in a nebula. Not exactly a master plan. They would have to have planned for removing the High Command at some point. Otherwise the Peacekeepers would remain divided, internal conflict would do more damage to the Sebacean future as internal conflict would essentially do the Scarren's and Nebari's job for them. I'll read the rest and find out if these questions are answered.
EffervescentNova chapter 20 . 7/18/2013
Several million, as opposed to 10,000, come on. I always got the impression that species density was less greater in Farscape, but only because in the show the area was much smaller, just a few segments of the galaxy. But now you've changed that fact the density should be less than that of the Milky Way. If they were going to need weapons against the Peacekeepers, a potential enemy who they knew had enslaved the Leviathans, then surely they would have brought along suitable supplies to begin with and thus not have had to cannabalize their own ships before the mission had even begun. A Defiant class is clearly not as powerful as a Galaxy class starship. The Defiant class has heavy armour and is overpowered and overgunned for it's size, it is still limited in it's output. An Entrepid class and Galaxy class can tackle a Klingon or Dominion battlecruiser, a galaxy class might even survive going toe to toe with two. The Defiant class was deisgned to get maximum punch for the fewest resources in material, crew, construction time, cost etc... That was their real value. Finally, it was clearly shown in both TNG and DS9 that Starfleet had dedicated combat pilots (TNG Red Squad episode and in DS9 the Battle for DS9 and the Battle for Cardassia both utilized dedicated fighters). Finally, the statement about the Peacekeeper medical tech being more advanced than Federation tech just doesn't hold up. With the exception of the microbes, which could easily be a naturally occuring bacterium, perhaps on a planet or system that evolved two sentient species; there is no reason to think that their biotech is all that advanced either.

P.S. This is just a suggestion, but you might want to get someone as your beta to try and catch spelling and grammatical errors which break the flow of a story. The flow is very important, it doesn't matter how detailed a world you manage to create if the reader has to read every third sentence twice to understand your meaning. Your fic started off with few errors but they are becoming more common as you progress.