Reviews for Naked in the dark
Isabelf Drottning chapter 2 . 2/1/2012
"But I can carry you..."

That last line is heartrending.
lena chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
that was such a heartfelt poem. i could really feel that Frodo was actually saying that. keep up the good work!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
This poem is true to their character.
Michelle Frodo chapter 2 . 6/30/2004
*rubs eyes and stares in disbelief*

Is this really a Frodo and Sam poem of yours that I have not reviewed? I didn't even know this one existed! why didn't you tell me? and you posted in APRIL? APRIL? OH My-Gosh-and-Gollum-Golly!

Anyway...

I think the two poems work really well together. Though I do prefer this chapter, I think the two endings are the best parts. And you know that my favourite line from both book and film is I can Carry you, so it was a fab line to end on.

The rhythm was slightly off in places, but I think I can forgive you that, as you delivered such a fantastic piece of work with so much feeling!

Keep writing, you don't do enough of these any more!

Love, Hugs and Shire Ale

Your Forever Devoted Best Friend

Frodo

x
Leggy's biggest fan chapter 2 . 5/26/2004
OK, so I said the last poem I reviewed was my fav. but I've just changed my mind. This was awesome. Well done.
Leggy's and LegyLuva's biggest fan hehe
Mewsette chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
I think your poems are really good, with lots of emotion packed into them, and the writing is clean and economical. Write some more, please
Anastasia Who chapter 2 . 4/13/2004
This was really good. Awesome poem. It is so nicely written and I love the way you ended it. I loved this part
'As last the light I see
And I know what I must do
I can’t carry it for you
But I can carry you'
That was beautiful
G chapter 2 . 4/10/2004
-These work well as companion poems, especially with the contrast between Frodo's "darkness" and Sam's "light."
-you did a good job of conveying each characters' feelings and state of mind through poetry
-Through your words I could feel Frodo's dependency on Sam, and Sam's determination to help Frodo
DreaminofLorien chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
This poem is great and I cannot wait until Sam's POV comes up.. U are a great writer!
Daughter of Elessar chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
I really enjoyed this. Well done! :)
~Vané Alasse
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
I particularly liked this couplet:
"I see him in every living thing
Sometimes he is in you"
What a chilling idea, that at that point in the journey, he can see the Shadow even in Sam.
Michelle Frodo chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
Aw *sniff*
That was fantastic! I loved it I loved it I loved it!
Really really, that was just so great!
I especially liked the Lines:
"There is nothing to protect me
No veil from the wheel of fire
I have struggled on for so long
But I can climb no higher"
and whose heart would not break at such wonderful lines as:
"So Sam please don’t leave
Leave me here alone
I can no longer stay in this place
Sam please take me home"
Really did make me feel so aw. I swear, I almost had a tear in my eye then. Brill, Deff one of the best you have ever written I think. And thats as High a praise as I can think to give. I can't wait for Sam's version!
Love, Hugs and Shire Ale
Your Frodo
x
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
Aw, that was a very touching poem. Good job and I hope you continue soon:-)
alleajandra chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
WOW. That's really really really good. Kudos to you!
But anywho, I loved how you incorporated things they said in the movie into the poem. It made it more genuine. GOOD JOB!
Anastasia Who chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
This was really good. Really sweet. Poor Frodo. I can't wait to hear the one in Sam's point of view.