Reviews for kind of sad
lilyafterblue chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This is absolutely phenomenal. This story always gets me, I must have read it a thousand times! Keep writing, you're fantastic.
AN chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
SICK
IndependenceIndividuality chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
You've ventured into no-man's land, fanfiction-wise, and managed to come out with a beautifully-crafted piece of fiction. How?

You need to teach me some of your skills because I am blown away by your talent and what appears to be a natural skill at capturing human emotion. I applaud you.

~ Nadia
Equipoise chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
I like this very much. Beautifully crafted.
Bachy A chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
Wow.
I knew that this was going to be gold from the moment I read that first sentence:
"Monday morning, and Hermione thinks she might be going mad."
One of the first rules I ever learned with writing was the "First Sentence Rule." No matter what, that first sentence has to shock the reader, grab the reader...do whatever to keep their attention hooked. Most often, it is what keeps them coming back.
And you did it. Perfectly.
Let's get on to what else I liked. I enjoyed how you switched between past and present tenses - so often, that doesn't work, but it's pulled of wonderfully here.
I like how you strike emotion in such a short amount of space. I could feel it in my gut, the pain in this story. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.
I'm trying to find something to critique, something to help fix, but in all honesty, there ISN'T anything that needs fixing with this chapter.
You really have a special opportunity here. I know it seems a daunting task, but if you can bestow the qualities of this chapter on subsequent chapters...well, let's just say that I, for one, would have found one of the best stories of all time (and I, personally, am not a Ron/Hermione fan - it takes a lot to say that this story agrees with me so well).
Keep it up - I look forward to more.