Reviews for Hidden Flame
jahnvi chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
woah. this is some really powerful stuff! so much talent .
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Beheld your notification to our mutual friend, the esteemed Enduring Man-Child. Was moved to sample your stories.

Whoa. I was brought up short. This is very good. Very evocative. And, as far as I can tell, it isn’t all over-the-top.

Should explain; I love over-the-top. Am addicted to double & triple adjectives. Love to write florid. Pure sentimentality. Wring those hearts.

But this…this is fighting trim, to borrow a nautical phrase I heard somewhere. This puts me in the mind of the closing moments of Dark Knight. This imparts chills. No wonder you garnered dozens of reviews.

Endeavoring to find a comparison. Ghost Rider. Anakin Skywalker. Doubtless there are many more.
Whether you intend to or not, I pick up on Terra’s correspond plight…the struggle to rule her abilities and not let her abilities rule her. And herein is the marked difference between Terra and Raven…like the difference between Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight movie. The Golden One, all resplendent and admired, was the one who fell, who proved all too vulnerable to the machinations of the tempter. The Gloomy One, all ominous and suspect, was the one who mastered their emotions, and reigned in their impulses.

Does Gar pick up on that? I’m sure he does. Despite the jokey and superficial exterior, no one can love a person…or be loved by another person…and not pick up on various insights and vibes. It is, of course, all very convoluted, utterly resistant to an ideal happy ending.

I can see your story stirring up the creative impulses and aspirations of your reviewers. I know it stirs them up in me. In this regard, it’s just as potent as a source material for fan-fiction.

Closing with a classical poem; this caps it. This puts you in the upper tier of fan-writers. You get it. You are like those who can see the thread of one story in the narrative of all stories. Like G. K. Chesterton, C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Joseph Campbell tell us; the power of myth. I forget who said it; it’s all the same story, told over and over, without ever growing stale.
2lazy2doanything chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
damn! how does anyone write that well! that shouldn't be humanly possible! okok im done ranting...beautiflu fanfic tho...
KatSin chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Poor Raven... her fate is a cruel one, her burden too heavy... I wish there could be more moments when her friends help her take up the burden...
Rochrelles Mnyama chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
No! Raven! DOn't give up hope! HE LOVES YOU! (he just won't realize it until [i/after/i] Terra's gone...)

Good fic. Whenever I try something like this it comes off as repetitive; but this came off exceptionally well. As in, you're going to get published someday.

Sililoquy of the Fire-Bound Raven. ;)
Treeonice chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Now THIS is a good fic. I love it.
la anjita chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
that's so sad.
IronRaven too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
The Raven-Terra relationship is both easy and complex. Without the wee green lad, they would have been friends, making the betrayal total. For him, Raven was defeated by herself, not by Terra. I think you have the personification down, but I don't think I've ever heard Raven use a contraction.

By the by, do you understand yet where I was going with Ponder, Weak and Weary?
bbrea4ever chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
. ! that was awesome! I love this! I wish I could write like this. This was an amazing story, and you are an amazing author. I also love that song )
kuroi-tenshi-rin chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Hi... that was great. Words can't describe how wonderful it was. It described things I could only say in a few words but you make it more than that to where it tells more information in more detail. It is very awesome.

Kuroi aka Raven

P.S. This story is added to my fav. stories list and you already are on my Fav. Authors so...yeah. Bye
The Mad shoe chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
That was..beautiful.
TheUbu chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Another excellent story! You really have an amazing tallent.

My hat's off to you, bravo!
myWings510 chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
I..I..I'm speechless. I just can't believe how incredibly deep and how in character Raven was. Your work is amazing.. Heh, and I was listening to "Solitude" by Evanescence (I'm a major fan also!) while reading this, so it kind of added to the effect of the story. I hope you decide to write more fics again, because we all miss you!
jijfsjnnp chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
That's so sad...and exactly how I pictured Raven reacting to Terra's coming...hating her silently, and wishing she were in the girl's place...

You captured her view perfectly. You really are a brilliant writer.
bergen sorenson chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
WOWIE WOWIE WOWIE WOWIE! I love it! i love it so much! Terra, go to hell.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »