Reviews for Dear Jiisan
Shanako chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Thank you for writing this story, even though it is subtlely personal. This story gets me to think about when my grandfather died. Did I tell him that I loved him? Did I give him a hug? This an extremely touching and heart-wrenching story. Tank you for reminding me to care.
Luvya chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
You know I wish I done this sort of thing when my own Grandpa died. I think it would of been fitting to be honest. It's going to be two years on Friday 17 December when he did die and I just wish I was as Close to him as Yugi and you obiously are to your grampa.
Cettie-girl chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
Wow. That was very powerful.
I can relate to this very well... I lost my grandmother almost 2 months ago... it all happened within 2 weeks... MS attacks and then a stroke that ultimately sent her slowly away from us.
I miss her.
I hope that your grandfather did recover, or at least went peacefully, like my grandmother did.
The Leaky Pen chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Aw... well.. this is a good fic, but words can't descrivbe how your fics touch me.. so.. yeah.
going to be deleted chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
i want to know what happened after that did the grandpa die
i know how it feels i knew both my great grandfathers one of my greatgrandmothers
the married pair the set of great grandparents died in the same year as my brother. my other great grandfather died the other year. one great grandfather always would bring donuts when i was sleeping over at my grandparents house he would come over before i would go to kindergarden and he would bring donuts he was really nice but i don't know my one grandfather because he divorced my grandmother so i have many step grandfathers who i don't know either so when they will die i liked your story though and i am sorry i am blabbering
Mistress of Azure chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
WAH!
That was so great. You have done it...again. This made me tear up, really. And that doesn't happen often to me. Really sweet, and straight from the heart. *sniffle*
True story? Oh... sowwy. *gives candy*
Now, please excuse me while I yell at you:
WHY DOES EVERYONE GET GRANDPAS AND GRANDMAS AND I DON'T? I have my dad's mom, which is cool, but the rest are dead or gone! I met my mom's parents when I was, like, three, and I don't remember anything about them! And I don't have one of those really special relationships with my Granna, either. I never even met my dad's father!
Ahem...
Please forgive me! I forgot my place, oh great one! *continues groveling*
Latias chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
Latias: if you want to know, we did not read this and we wanted to say-
Dark Latias: UPDATE HOT SANDS, WARM ARMS OR ELSE! I! WILL! BURN YOUR %$#$% $$ TO A CRISP!
EVERYONE: 97TH REVIEW!
Krisskittie chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
This was such a good fic. I lost my papa about...hmm...6 years ago, coming up here soon. This made me cry, to be honest! -_- LOL, not that it was a bad thing! I'll bet this was every bit as cathartic to write as it was to read. You really wrote something that nearly anyone could relate too, but also fits in with the anime/manga. Good job. (This also reminds me of my grandma. I just found out yesterday that she had a stroke, actually...) Anyway, great fic! I hope you continue to write such great fics! Hope everything is going well with you.
Kriss
Miss. Heels chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
*sniff* *sniff* That was so sad!
Toboe LoneWolf chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
Well, okay. From the quote, "true story" I hope it doesn't apply to you. What am I saying, of course it applies to you! *hits head* Um, hope it doesn't mean that your own grandfather's dying. *shrinks* If yes...hope he feels better now? Three days later, hopefully? If no...then nice Yugi-letter to Grandpa. I dunno if it's angst, but it's a nice change from Ryou-angst. And well, since it is a true story, *shrugs* hey, show it to the real grandpa. *smiles* It really is touching. Defintely shows the Yugi-Grandpa relationship nicely. Kudos to you.
Well, that brought me down to reality. Just when I was fanfic-high and all that. But actually, I think this fic is kinda sweet, instead of angsty. *waves* But in the meantime, rest well, and dream of happy days. Think Up. Way Up. Ja ne!
Kokiri chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
Aw, WSJ...another really touching fanfic from the master
This was so sweet...Poor Yugi-kun, though. Someday, his Jii-chan really will leave him...
The questions in the letter sounded a lot like what I was thinking when my grandfather and grandmother died, one right after the other. Did I love them enough? Did I let them know just how much they meant to me?
Once again, a wonderful fic. I've probably told you this before, but you have an amazing gift for writing. Please continue to use it _
Kokiri
Goldragonix chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
T.T...
That is so angsty...but then again, it's rated as angst.
*cries a little* I can simpathize with Jou-san, because I never really remember either of my grandpas, because they died when I was about one.
...
...
Angsyt stuff over, I FINALLY TURNED 13! GWE GWE GWE! (March 6 Anyway.) _
Keep on writing Home Sweet Home!
Goldragonix
Kyoko-san chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
This was so cute.
It really made me think about how lucky i am that my Papa (grandfather) survived his stroke. I was so scared when i found out, but i lived far away and couldn't do anything to go see him. So i called my nana and she said she'd tell him that i hope he'd get better. And a few weeks later he was better again.
I hope Yugi's Jiisan makes through his ordeal. Though we wont know that, will we? Of course not, it's a one-shot.
This was such a heart warming story.
Keep up the fantastic work.
kyoko-san
katia-chan chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
WSJ, that was really incredible. I love the way you put all this into words. I know you said that this was a true story, so i'm sorry about your Grandpa. I empathize, but you really captured the feelings really well and it really made me think. You are amazing.
TTFN