Reviews for Eating at the Lyre
KTarra chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I liked this! It's Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner isn't it? An oldie but goodie!
variousandsundry chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
i am sitting in the morning at the diner on the corner...i love suzanne vega. nice flow for the vignette, it worked in a lovely way.
Asteria chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Masterful. I recognized the song almost immidiately and I love the way you used the lyrics to describe the setting. Not many songs are suited to this kind of writing, and I applaud you for finding one that is and going with it.
Trialia chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Suzanne Vega's "Tom's Diner"! _ I'm a big fan of hers. Wop that you decided to write this :) I like it.
GraveDigger Resurrection chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Tom's Diner! A great story, and a good song. Didn't get the Daniels' joke, but I swear I didn't cheat on the song. It's a bit of an odd story, but I know how these things just sort of...*appear* and wont go away, and it's a wonderful piece of work.
Pheo chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
Nicely patterned after "Tom's Diner." I only know the songe because another fic had recently used it and I looked it up. I like how you weaved all of the tidbits around work-how Sara's mind immediately made connections, from horoscopes to rain, to her job.
Cherubino chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
I have a feeling that the song is Susan Vega's "I am sitting in the morning in the corner of a diner..." - actually one of my favorites. Thank you for this lovely piece.

Cher.
Christine Calvert chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
Cute little vingette! IF this is what happens with your random inspiration, may it strike heavy and often. Looking forward to reading more of your fabulous work.
manx1 chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
Nope, didn't catch either to song or the joke - I feel very stupid... :( This was a neat little fic, full of small touches that made it much ore human than comparable fics (what I mean to say is: most of the writing on this site is dross, but this really, realy isn't). Will go off and read the rest of your stuff
manx
Mathilde chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
Good story - very entertaining! It's got to be Tom's Diner, by Suzanne Vega. Am I right?
michstjame chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
Nice vignette. I have always loved Suzanne Vega, and "Tom's Diner" is a favorite of mine. Loved the horoscope-very fitting.