Reviews for KinStrife
Arwen Lune chapter 10 . 9/1/2004
"Whereupon the Heir of Dol Amroth processed grandly from the lower market, having successfully shopped for his Haradric souvenir."

*splorfs tea*

I love the way I can see Imrahil-from-Captain My Captain already in this young Imrahil. He's a bit spoilt at 16 and quite used to getting his way, but he's so good at charming people - and so genuinely cheerful - that no one can really get annoyed with him. Love the way he handled Irrishdar.

I'm looking forward to more young-Imrahil-and-Andra stories, but that is not going to happen in the middle of KinStrife? Or is it? If not, please consider a seperate story of their first weeks together :-)

Cheers,

Arwen
Salope chapter 10 . 8/29/2004
I felt quite ill when Andrahar was being cut - poor Andra. I absolutely loved the description of them meeting for the very first time and locking eyes. *sigh*

I wouldn't mind a dried baby Mumak foot myself. Then again, I suppose the Customs dept. would have something to say about it.
Cornelia chapter 10 . 8/28/2004
Hello Isabeau,

you always manage to surprise me! I was expecting the next chapter about Elves from Edhellond, and now its Andrahars past and his first meeting with Imrahil - very interesting! What a good way to get Andrahar free from this horrible situation. Great, how Imrahil uses his rank against Irrishdar. I love this chapter!
Radbooks chapter 10 . 8/28/2004
Thank you for writing this chapter about how Imrahil and Andrahar met - it was very enjoyable... well except for the fact that it was so sad to see Andra in such pain. And the cruel customs of the people there - makes me shudder at the thought of dying of 1,0 cuts. Very good imagination on your part, though I'm sure it's probably used somewhere in our sick world too.

Anyway, just a note on a word you used in the chapter. When Imrahil is first watching Andra getting cut, you wrote - "body taught with..." it should be "taut" which more or less means tight where taught is to teach someone.

Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
RoseSared chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
Lovely, just a lovely chapter. Thanks.

Rose
LOCISVU chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
Ever the least he managed to save Adrahar's life.
Elemmire2 chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
Oh, that was lovely Isabeau! You've kept us wondering for so long how Imrahil happened upon him, and it was even more dramatic than I expected! (Imrahil never seems to do it any other way, of course...)

:),

Elemmíre

(suddenly having a very good day)
Lady Berenice chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
I do believe that I'm running out of superlatives for this! Great meeting scene - I especially like how you've handled the language-barrier problem - methinks it would be a bigger issue if Andrahar hadn't been raised as a son rather than a slave, hmm? But once again, I love the contrast of personalities between the two boys/young men, and how perfectly both come across. Are you going to keep this consistent with Soledad's series about Andra? Will any more of Andra's relatives come into contact with him between this and his meeting with Ishkandar on the Pellenor (sp?)?
Raksha The Demon chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
I can just see Imrahil leading his "souvenir" into the castle and saying "He followed me home, Mom, Dad, can I keep him?".

I liked the contrast between our two young heroes at their first meeting - both intelligent and capable young aristocrats, but Imri still somewhat spoiled and used to getting his own way, Andra made years older in maturity from living a very hard and painful life.

Excellent chapter!
Radbooks chapter 9 . 8/18/2004
Andrahar is just going to love having Gildor involved with Imrahil! :) Though I know he will put up with anything as long as Imri is cured. I loved the scene between Andra and Thorongil - priceless! It was nice to finally know what the actual problem is with Imrahil and that someone will be able to help him. I'm sure enjoying have these frequent updates - you sure are spoiling me. :)
LOCISVU chapter 9 . 8/17/2004
Poor Imrahil doesn't have any control right now over his visions.I hope that he can get the help that he needs from Gildor's group.
Cornelia chapter 9 . 8/16/2004
Now the Elves are getting into the story! I thought Thorongil could know a cure for Imrahils problem. It has to do something with Athelas, I suppose. Very strong scene between Andrahar and Thorongil, when Andrahar threatens him. It shows a lot of the characters of both men. Of course Aragorn, eh Thorongil would never let a sick man die when he is able to help. And yes, Elrond would never forgive him, if he doesnt help. He was raised very well, indeed.

So we will hear of Gildor in the next chapters? It will be very interesting to watch Gildor, Imrahil and Thorongil... How much does Gildor know about Elronds human foster son?
LOCISVU chapter 8 . 8/12/2004
What are the chances that Denethor knows Thorongil's true identity.
Cornelia chapter 8 . 8/12/2004
Hello Isabeau,

another chapter! Thank you! *happily hugs author*

Oh! Andrahar is commanding Denethor, and not to polite! I love it - because Denethor deserves it! *g* And I love also Imrahils quarrel with Denethor. Denethor is really very suspicious in the case of Thorongil, he seems to have a certain idea about him.

And a new vision for Imrahil, but you wrote nothing abouts its content. And again Imrahil is sick because of it. What does he need to heal this problem? This is very interesting, and again I am so curious... Imrahil is much too astute for Thorongils good. He already has found out that Thorongil wanted to keep him from making further investigations. Will Imrahil find out the meaning of the name Aragorn? And what will he do with his knowledge?

Another question: Imrahil already knows Gildor, when I read that correctly. Will he recognize Elvish swordfighting when he sees it? If yes, there will be a very interesting training match between Imrahil and Thorongil...

Lots of questions, and only one person who can (and hopefully will) answer them (soon?) *g*
Radbooks chapter 8 . 8/12/2004
Geeze, poor Imri! And I don't mean for getting sick but for having to talk to Denethor! :) But what is going on with him? It's a good thing I know that he grows up and becomes a strong warrior and a Swan Knight or I'd really be worried for him! I suppose maybe he is just really affected by the visions his family gets or something but wow it's sure tough for him. I love having such frequent updates, it's very nice, thank you very much! :)
79 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »