Reviews for KinStrife
Arwen Lune chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
Oh! This is a very intriguing tale. I always like your Imrahil and exploring his friendship with Andrahar is interesting. Love the plotline with the visions - what is Aragorn, sorry, Thorongil thinking about this I wonder? He's probably realised that this is one person to whom he cannot hold his guise of 'wandering sell-sword' and I wonder how he will deal with it now.

I loved the “She has a dowry you would not believe, captain.
Lady Berenice chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
Thank you so much for the fast updates! I hope you can keep this up - I don't think that I can bear to go back to the old waiting-times now. I love how you can keep your characters' arcs flowing so realistically - especially the difference between the relationship of Denethor and Imri here, when Imri is barely out of his teens, and in 'Ultimatums'. I particularly like the fact that Imri has 'grown up' and matured so much in the ten years, and Denethor's character is already set. Of course, I love anything with Andra and Imri! Are you tying this in with Soledad's 'Pawns and Symbols' about Andrahar's early life?
seeing-spots chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
Oh, wow. I think this is the best chapter yet. First of all the actions of Denethor were just right. Especially portraying his worries about Aragorn AND his concern once Imrahil collapses. Many authors forget Denethor is human in all senses of the word. I also like the dialogue between Imrahil and his sister. That flowed very well and I liked her defense of Denethor.
Altariel chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
"I hope I live to see the day you fall for some little sprig half your age"

Love it.
Raksha The Demon chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
A great chapter! I can see that Denethor may not be on Imrahil's Mettare gift list anytime soon.

I think Denethor was very lucky that Andrahar didn't eviscerate him for apparently causing pain to Imrahil. Andra has more control, but his rage was very much in character.
Radbooks chapter 7 . 8/9/2004
Nicely done as usual, Isabeau! I look forward to having Imrahil and Thorongil doing some sparring and any other interaction between all of them. He adds a nice twists in the story. And 3 chapters in one week - you're spoiling us! :)
LOCISVU chapter 7 . 8/7/2004
So this Captain Thorongil(nee Aragorn,son of Arathorn)was the catalyst of Imrahil's visions.
Cornelia chapter 7 . 8/7/2004
Hello Isabeau,

I thought, now I would have to wait some weeks for the next chapter, but here it is, only three days later! Thank you! Do you have some holidays? *g*

I like the scene between Imrahil and Thorongil very much. I think, the good captain knows very well from the beginning, what has happened to Imrahil at the store. "but it was not accompanied with any visions, other than a distinct feeling the man should be wearing a star upon his brow." No visions, indeed! *g* Imrahil even knows his name by vision... This would explain a lot of things, including Imrahils reaction to Aragorn after the siege of Minas Tirith (in the book!). Perhaps he finds out some more things about Captain Thorongil? What about sending Andrahar (and Imrahil?) with him to the corsairs? It would be a good way for Andrahar to become knighted.

And this "Elbereth" vision has to be Arwen. It must be difficult for Aragorn to keep a straight face when hearing about Arwen and a White tree...

I hope to see the next chapter soon!
Raksha The Demon chapter 7 . 8/7/2004
I am really enjoying this story. Imri and Andra are such fun in their angsty youth.

Laughed out loud when Imri mentioned Finduilas' huge dowry to Thorongil in hopes of the Captain's presenting an alternative to Denethor. It makes a certain amount of sense. He'd prefer anyone decent to Denethor as a brother-in-law, and he knows that Thorongil is a capable and discrete individual.

Makes me a bit sad, considering that Finduilas would have been better of with "Thorongil". Oh well, at least we know that Thorongil will be good to Finduilas' sons.

I wonder what Imri will do with the knowledge of Thorongil's true name...

Good chapter. I want more sparring between Thorongil and Andrahar though. They have immense chemistry together, and I don't mean in a slashy way; more of two characters who are very strong and mature and far more than they seem.
anonymous chapter 6 . 8/5/2004
I have only read a few of your stories, but was so impressed by the characterization on the short works that I decided to give your long form serials a try.

This is very well done. Chapter five was a heartbreaker, a very realistic portrayal. Imri genuinely loves his friend, and being a rather expansive sort, tried to give him what he wanted, even though the kind of love he has for Andra isn't a physical love. Incredibly moving and poignant.

Andra is so tragic he takes your heart out and stomps on it.

The last couple of paragraphs in chapter six were fantastic reading. Interspersing the images in Imris mind with the reality of his immediate world was a good device.
Elemmire2 chapter 6 . 8/4/2004
Whe! Thorongil!

;),

Elemmíre
Lady Berenice chapter 6 . 8/4/2004
Absolutely outstanding, as always. I love how well you've managed to draw and contrast Imri and Andra, and yet make it so clear just why they are so close. I particularly like their contrasting attitudes to clothes!
LOCISVU chapter 6 . 8/3/2004
It looks like Finduilas doesn't seem friendly with he's of Harad but he proved his loyalty.O,Imrahil has the gift of foresight.
Cornelia chapter 6 . 8/3/2004
Hey,am I really SO impatient? Two chapters within two days...thats nearly impossible! *g*

I love this chapter, especially the end... Imrahil sees everything - but will he really know what it means? Things like the White Tree in bloom - he will know what that means! And Aragorn who is foresighted himself, so he will also know what happened to Imrahil - perhaps he gets some informations about Imrahils vision? It will be very interesting to read the next chapters!
Sareh chapter 6 . 8/3/2004
That epic of a paragraph was amazing. It had me holding my breath throughout it. Imri’s confused glimpses into the future ending with that all-too-familiar one were written absolutely brilliantly. You even managed to have the visions and the action of the ‘present’ simultaneously without confusing the reader, which I must say is amazing.

Looking forward to the next chapter and hopefully more of the Captain from the North. _

Sareh