Reviews for Rising Through the Ranks
gwendolyn christopher chapter 6 . 7/3/2006
Maybe you are "not as disturbing as [you] feared," but this piece can certainly be classified as disturbing. It takes real insight to portray such horror in such a realistic fashion. The part that makes it disturbing is not merely the subject matter, but rather that you draw the audience in so that emotional distance is not an option. The question in my mind is this: what horrors exist even deeper in your creative dungeons, that these are only a first effort at exploring?
klepto-maniac0 chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
Hee hee hee hee hee...
Silent Comet chapter 6 . 7/24/2004
I'm reading your story for the second time, and I can honestly say that this is a gem. While there is no connecting plot, the scenes flow together so seemlessly I honestly didn't care. You have really captured a side of Sephiroth I rarely seen done so well. Also, I found it oddly refreshing to read something that is not centered on simply 'hooking up' two of the characters, something I am guilty of myself. While there's not much else to say about this story, I will be checking out anything else you have written.

Odd-this is the part of the review where I emphatically type 'update soon' followed by a short string of exclamation marks. Hmm. Well, since this fic is already done, I guess just...keep writing!
Hojo chapter 6 . 7/20/2004
Realized I forgot to review this one. I must have been too mindblown by your prose. It's entirely amazing. I think chapter five is my favorite, but they're all really excellent.
Ezzie Valentine chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Wow, this story gices a great glimpse into Seph's tortured past. At some points I was fighting back tears...he past was just so painful.

lol, I loved the ending though! Poor zacky poo lost his eyebrows!
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 6 . 4/11/2004
Beautiful work. I liked the vulture hallucination. It's interesting to see here how Seph's sanity is starting to slip, the way he's toying with death like that. And for what part he played, I think Zack was well-written.
This was an excellent, highly enjoyable read. And as always, I'm looking forward to reading your future works! _
The Jack of Spades chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
Hm, I think I'm going to miss this. Well, it was great from start to finish, so I guess that's all that matters :)

You shouldn't worry about bringing up the yaoi issue though. It's YOUR work, and if some of us mixed company don't like it, reading it is optional. That's one of the bad things about writing a lot for a particular subject (i.e. Aeris/Seph): when you try something different, some readers just flip out because they had a fixed image of you in their heads. You can't please everyone, so the saying goes, but you do have every right to write what you want.

Just don't do Cloud/Seph; Seph deserves better :P

I look forward to future things from you.
The Blasaoflurqm chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
Argh, too much stuff going on these days! How did I miss three chapters?
Anyways, I feel... somewhat sad that this fanfic is finished, but that always happens when you're enjoying the story. I find it interesting that Sephiroth seems invincible to everything except the Lifestream itself (He probably could be described as no longer human, with the amount of Mako and Jenova cell injections he probably went through). Hmm... might make a story on that... someday.
I enjoyed this story, and hope that you will find enough inspiration and time to write more fics.
Yusagi chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
No...How can you be finished? I was looking foward to the future chapters...but then...*sigh*
I guess we already know.
I don't understand the thank you...
But thanks for thanking me anyway...;p
Now, you have to make an AU where he's a good guy!
It drives me nuts to watch him die, or become evil in every SINGLE fic...
*sigh*
The passing of another fic...
Sad.
Now you better get on wit' Your Seph/Aer ones!( Maybe you could make one that links this one to it..huh huh?).
Talena-Anne-Marie chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
I'm in love with your writing. I think Sephiroth is possibly the most genius antagonist Square has managed to create. He's an evil not soon replicated. I look forward to reading new chapters and new stories that you put up.
Lots of love,
Alison
Literary Eagle chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
Congratulations on completing this series! It was truly interesting, and I loved how you were able to work some humor into it too. Great job!
Noacat chapter 6 . 4/9/2004
This was my favorite chapter by far. The bit with the vulture hallucination was brilliantly done. You can really see his sanity start going downhill in this chapter. Kinda prepares you for his eventual descent into full blown madness. This was truly an honor to read. Thanks!
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 5 . 4/7/2004
Nice. Well, Sephiroth's darker side is pretty... dark. _; Anyway, I wasn't really disturbed, and the woman's actions (as well as Seph's, for that matter) were kind of predictable - not that it's bad, mind you, for the general atmosphere of this chapter was very good.
I liked the part about white uniforms and Hojo's labcoat... clever. _
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 5 . 4/5/2004
Wow. You really painted a lot of strong, vivid images in this chapter. Your wordplay is amazing. Very nicely done!
Literary Eagle chapter 5 . 4/2/2004
Such deep, fascinating character exploration. You rule!
64 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »