Reviews for Rising Through the Ranks
The Jack of Spades chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
I don't know, but I don't seem disturbed at all by any of this...either that or I've become completely desensitized.

Your wordplay hit a brilliant peak here, particularly in the beginning: "He had led his men onwards and slashed a streak through the enemy ranks, a bold silver brushstroke against the city’s yellows and greens." To quote only part of it :)

And I love your incorporation of the Wutan culture into this. Such wonderful work.
Yusagi chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
Aww, I actually cried at this one, but for once, It wasn't really for Seph, though I pity him...I'm a liberator, not a subjucator.
And I don't care if i spelled that right...
*sigh*..yeah, some point in his life has to be the turning point, to turn him into the killer he is later, since this is as close to canon reality, as fanfics can come...
The true tragedy of this chapter, was that he fought his own people...( that, and Zack was part of it..)
It's amazing how soldiers are oblivious to the wounds of others, the hurt and death...oops
Off topic.
In case you can't tell, I think this chapter is great! ( and I'm no pacifist..thankyou)
Noacat chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
I wouldn't call it disturbing. I feel more pity than anything else. Sephiroth is a lost soul and you can really feel that in this chapter. He's just wandering, fed only by rage and hate. Never knowing anything else. Very, very sad. The bit with the geisha was brilliant. Nice touch.
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 4 . 3/31/2004
Great job! You write Sephiroth very well. That last scene wasn't disturbing at all. And I apologize if this review is a little dull, but I'm not going on much sleep at the moment. Yeah, anyway...keep this up! I'll be waiting for the next chapter! _
Yusagi chapter 4 . 3/31/2004
Yipe.
That was scary...somehow I wondered about that boy though, he acted too much like Aeris...
Lol, poor, poor Seph...I really feel for him, perhaps the greatest tragedy of FF7 is Seph...
( That's an amazing comment, coming from me, an Aeris fanatic..)
Sad,too.. the earlier chapters almost made me forget about the 'truth', and how it all ends up...you know?
Good luck
SweetEvyl chapter 4 . 3/30/2004
Another great story! It really casts Sephiroth in a sympathetic light. Great job. I can't see any thing that I'd suggest changing.
Literary Eagle chapter 4 . 3/30/2004
You excel at writing a sympathetic Sephiroth. I know I've said that before, but that's because it's so true! Great chapter! _
Noacat chapter 4 . 3/30/2004
*giggles* Beautiful chapter. Poor Seph, he's so alone but at least he has a fan or more appropriatly someone has a crush on him. So he's not exactly alone! Sorry if this review sucks. I went to Pennslyvania this weekend and so I've spent long hours in a hot car, drinking jolt cola. I think it's done something to my brain. I'm really tired, despite the fact that I've gotten enough sleep. But I did have fun. So there ya go.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 4 . 3/30/2004
Aw, a great chapter, so sad... And I just /loved/ the last scene; it wasn't disturbing at all, just very, very moving. You did well showing us that, despite Seph's self-imposed loneliness, there are people who care for him!
And I don't know why, but I absolutely fell in love with this bit: "Let the other cadets wonder why he spent so much time walking out under the stars after hours. They took the outdoors for granted and he was too ashamed to confess why he did not."
Please, update soon! Honestly, I can't live without your story! *adds to favorites*
The Jack of Spades chapter 4 . 3/29/2004
Ah, that's my Sephiroth! Even other men find him irresistable! :D

I think this may just be my favorite chapter so far. So sad, so very sad... As I read this, I actually felt Seph's emotions myself. I might've guessed just by reading it that you were feeling low yourself, even without the note at the bottom. But cheer up! Even horrible moods lead to good things - like inspiration to write ;)
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 3 . 3/23/2004
"Anyone like Sephiroth, Agent of Destruction." Hehe. Who'd have thought, eh? _~ Great work, Ardwynna! I'm really enjoying this.
The Blasaoflurqm chapter 3 . 3/18/2004
I could just imagine Hojo going to the bathroom and finding it locked... _
Hmm, and the future visions thing is also interesting...
More!
Literary Eagle chapter 3 . 3/18/2004
Sephiroth as a prankster! Heh, my life is now complete. _
Yusagi chapter 3 . 3/18/2004
You certainly have a way of making the reader sympathize with the 'hero'.
Pretty good chapter. Sorry if this sounds 'disconnected' but I had to pause halfway through it, and it broke up the entire feeling of it, despite that, it seemed pretty interesting, poor Seph...
SilverKnight chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
"Things like this should be her job, but no, Lucy had to up and die just as the project really gets going!"
I don't know why, but I find that to be a strangely hysterical line. Nicely written.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »