Reviews for Rising Through the Ranks
Loki chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Ah the very beginning gos absoltly wroung.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 3 . 3/18/2004
Ow... Thanks for improving my mood so early in the morning! Another great chapter; I liked the way you wrote about Sephy 'rescuing' Aeris without sounding cliche. Continue soon!
Akira Majere chapter 3 . 3/17/2004
Ahoy there, just got a chance to read both of your latest chapters of your challenge. I must say, I like the format of it. Each chapter representing a different stage of importance in his life. Chapter 2 was very well written and you achieved your point in having him bond with Gast.
Chapter 3 seemed a bit rough, compared to your other writings, in one or two place, but I like how you just completely omitted Gast and weaved in on how Aerith escaped from Shinra. Sephiroth's reaction and view in the end was simplely awesome.
Good luck with the rest of it.
The Jack of Spades chapter 3 . 3/17/2004
This was great, funny in a morbid kind of way. I actually laughed more times than I thought I would while reading this. Take that, you bastards! And was that Aeris that he freed, when you were talking about the big project that could "never be repaired"? Hehe. As always, excellent work.
Noacat chapter 3 . 3/17/2004
Nice chapter. And yes, props to Henson and his lively green hand puppet. We hardly knew ye. Or something. I'm tired.
Anyways, another fascinating look into Sephiroth's early years. I'm loving this. Looking forward to next chapter!
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 2 . 3/17/2004
I've almost forgotten how it feels to read a great Sephy fic! Thanks for reminding me! Yours is truly beautiful!
BTW - 33.33% complete? Wait a sec... only six chapters? Such a wonderful fic and only six of them? ...I can't wait to read the remaining four, though! Please, continue a.s.a.p.!
Okay, now back to reviewing... First chapter was a bit strange, I admit. I really don't like reading 'bout diapers... or baby Sephiroth, for that matter. He seems so... I dunno... undignified? _ Nevertheless, I loved these lines:
“That’s hardly how to go about raising the savior of the human race,
Yusagi chapter 2 . 3/15/2004
YES! I finally am able to review this ( CPU was being stubborn..)
I like this one, though it's sad...poor, poor Seph...T/T
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 2 . 3/15/2004
That's so cute! I just want to give little Sephiroth a great big hug! _ I think that's really sweet how Gast is so nice to him. Looking forward to more!
The Jack of Spades chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
Loving every chapter of it :) Still such a good look into his childhood years. Your skill leaves me with less and less to say every time, have you noticed? ;) Keep it up!
The Blasaoflurqm chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
OO, how could I have missed this story?
This is the best story about Sephiroth's childhood that I've ever read, even if it's a self-challenge fic. Hope you update soon!
Literary Eagle chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
Sweet! Is it crazy that I want my own little Sephiroth now? _
Noacat chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
AW! Sephy's so CUTE! It makes me want to cry, poor kid. If it was a bizarro world and I could step into the story, I'd adopt him. That's weirdest thing I've said. Okay, not THE weirdest, but pretty weird. Anyway, I love this chapter and I love this story. Keep it comin'.
Gen Masho Rajura chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
This is different (and very cute ), and I applaud you for challenging yourself like this. I wish you great success, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this.
Odin's crazy horse. LOL! That's a good one.
Akira Majere chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
It wasn't too long, I thought it had the details needed without excess for a great beginning for a story. I'm really looking forward to reading this challenge of yours and wish you well on this, Ardwynna. I think self challenges show dedication to one's skills and the love to improve upon them.
The forming bond between Gast and Sephiroth was cute and I like how you gave Sephi-pants the mentality to understand his surroundings. No small wonder he made sure he screamed loud. Poor Hojo, though. I like my psycho doctor.
Good luck.
Yusagi chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
That was pretty hilarious...but Lucrecia isn't dead...oh well, great first chapter, Sic 'im seph! The only good lab coat's a yellow one! ;p
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »