Reviews for The Captain's Last Charge
Leon chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
WOW. It's really beautiful! How I wished this was made as part of the movie!
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Dear AmandaK: This story was so sad and yet so good. Your account of Faramir's internal dialogue was very impressive. You did a fine job of writing about his feelings-his thoughts of his father, and I'm not surprised he thought of Boromir. And of course, Faramir thought of his men, too, which strikes me as typical of him. This story was very well written. Thank you for writing and posting it! Sincerely, Darkover
Valiowk chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This story is truly a gem. It convincingly captures Faramir's thoughts and emotions before riding out to recapture Osgiliath. Even with the knowledge that Faramir survives this ordeal, I found this story very sad, because of the way Faramir longs for his father's approval. In particular, the first and last sentences ("I am going to die." and "Are you watching, Father?") really struck me, because it conveys so succinctly the extent to which he would go to obey his father.

I really enjoyed reading this piece of work. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
Susan chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
Wow. Very touching. Well done! Thanks for sharing your story!
Carrie S chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
Wow. This story has left me speechless. So beautifully, eloquently written...*swipes at tears in eyes*
You have captured Faramir's character perfectly-I can see him doing exactly what he did, sending men home whom he knew had families. Extremely touching-what a masterpiece.
I do hope to see more Faramir stories from you in the future! Excellent work!
Hugs,
Carrie
RAKSHA chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
I liked this story. It was a nice, and credible touch that Faramir made it an all-volunteer suicide charge, and dismissed the men most needed by their families.
You have a good grasp of Faramir's character. I hope you will write longer stories about him.