Reviews for An Unexpected Lesson
virginger chapter 13 . 12/5/2014
lovelovelovelovelove this! I love it! Thank you very much for this story :)
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 13 . 8/17/2014
I was amazed by the original characters here and how you breathed such creativity and personality into them, alongside the already brilliantly written Kenshin. I loved the idea that Kenshin briefly became an actor during the years before he met the rest of the Kenshin-gumi. Great job on this!
Kyu-Momo chapter 13 . 5/6/2014
That was great. :3
Gamma Cavy chapter 12 . 8/11/2013
so that's where he got the hat,
The Honorable Arik Novak chapter 13 . 3/30/2013
The epilogue was a nice way to end this story. Thanks again for the enjoyable read.
The Honorable Arik Novak chapter 10 . 3/29/2013
I've been looking for good stories like this one for a while now. I was ever so pleased as I began to read this, as the stories I come upon usually were too simple/dialogue-heavy or had no interesting action and were too introspective. I think the story has progressed believably and enjoyably, especially in regard to Kenshin's feelings on various matters. Though I think the villainization of Orinosuke is a bit much, I can see how it's necessary for plot purposes. Anyway, I need to go now and attend to other duties, but hopefully I'll get the opportunity to finish reading your story. Thank you very much.
Gabi1994 chapter 12 . 3/16/2013
I love this fic, its one of my all time favorites, this is probably my 3rd reading and every time I'm struck by the perfection of the characters of your kabuki troup. usually an author's OC's stand out like glaring sign posts, however yours are simply perfect, and you captured the feeling of family gracefully. thankyou
notsolimpbizkit chapter 7 . 3/1/2013
I've read this story quite a few times yet this chapter never fails to give me goosebumps! The anticipation of the showdown against the bandits is written brilliantly. My fav chapter.
notsolimpbizkit chapter 13 . 1/23/2013
An excellent read! Couldn't put it down once i got started.
Ayasamachan chapter 13 . 1/14/2013
OMG!
I just read the translated story (in german), but there wasn't the epilogue... but it was the best of the whole story!
I think, I will read all chapters in english soon... a really really beautiful story!
Thank you so much!
Iana chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Really good.
twilightdreamers chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
Love the story! Nice ending! ;D
Inara Seraph chapter 13 . 10/17/2012
Beautiful story, very original flavor and fits in with canon as well!
Sedentary Wordsmith chapter 13 . 9/8/2012
Dang you and your unbelievably awesome story! I had to stay up literally all night reading it because I just couldn't force myself to put it down and sleep. Normally I don't like a story with a lot of OCs in it, but I found that I really didn't mind them at all in this one-loved them, even. They were all so individual and realistic, as if they were all real people. I loved taking this little trip into the life of the Daisuke family with Kenshin on his grand adventure. (: The plot was beyond brilliant, and educational to boot. I can tell that you must have put an enormous amount of time and research into it (unless you're just a natural genius at kabuki...). The angst was heart-rending, and the humor was side-splitting, and neither detracted from the other in a brilliant mix that made the entire story that much more believable and endearing. I love the entire premise of it, that this is how Kenshin learned to smile and act silly to hide himself. I love every single bit of it: trying to pick out my favorite parts would take way too long, so just suffice it to say that I loved it all. Brilliant! Thank you so much for writing and sharing! I'm off to check out the rest of your works! (...maybe after some sleep.)

-Word
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 13 . 7/26/2012
I really enjoyed this story. Sessha thanks you for writing it.*added to favorites*