Reviews for THE CONVERSATION
Turner69 chapter 1 . 9/8/2016
nice
ThanosofTitan chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
You're doing a whole lot more here with the "temporal Cold War" concept than the trainwreck that was Enterprise ever did. I approve.
JES chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
You seem to have a pretty good idea of how continuity works, and the way that you mention many different time lines is very interesting and makes perfect sense. Using the Temporal War as an explanation for all of the temporal incidents and incursions that seemed to have occurred throughout the many series is something that I would expect to see in a published novel, licensed by Paramount. It seems very unlikely that temporal anomalies would occur even occasionally naturally, without any artificial influence what-so-ever, because a complex series of forces and events would need to occur at once, since time travel, as we all know, is difficult (we haven't yet discovered how to actually achieve such a feat, much less discover a way that would make it feasible. The reality is that time travel remains as a bunch of theories for the time being). It make perfect sense that the 'enemy' faction of the temporal war would use temporal incursions disguised as natural phenomenons (after all, Starfleet, and everyone else for that matter, with a few exceptions (Suliban, Tholian, etc.)wouldn't be advanced enough to tell the difference most of the time) to try to tip the war in their favor. You also stay true to Q's character, and that of the Q Continuum. Q is, for all the best intentions, has been trying to test humanity since the Enterprise-D's first mission, not (entirely) to play with her crew, but what I have assumed the Q Continuum's suspicions. Even the Asgard recognized what humanity could become, and exemplified it in this memorable quote: "You're species has great potential". This potential seems quite noticeable in the Star Trek universe (and speaking of the Asgard, whatever happened to them in the universe that was mentioned in which after centuries of war, Earth loses? Unless they achieved and evolved from a status similar to that in the current Stargate universe, but lost because they failed to hunt down all of the system lords (at least some of whom apparently survived the replicators, Anubis's assault on, well, everyone else, AND the Ori (unless in that particular universe, the Ancient Device used to use another person's body for contact from distant reaches of space was never used) because the Goa'uld managed to unite to vanquish their common enemy and/or managed to gather more materials needed to stay in the war than Earth (essentially, because Earth lost due to attrition; the Goa'uld simply outlasted them). Anyways, a very provocative short story.
FORD B chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Very informative and cool!
Steven Kodaly chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
So, Thirdspace is the Trek-verse? Ooh, this is going to be fun!
Obi chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Good work and keep it up.

I like this multiverse you have discovered.
Evilclone chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
bloody hell, that's a lot of information to take in, in one go LOL, i agree with Janeway, my head hurts...
rankokun alpha chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
wow now thats what you call a q conversation!
H Bomb chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
my god man where did you get all of this its mind boggleing where you when they were inventing sci fi you should of been at the head and front of the queue this stuff is absolutly fantastic and trust me i have been reading fanfics for a long time a long long time and yours is right up there with the greatest
Flying J chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Im glad you did a "summary" even if it isnt quite, thanks for the thinking time, school has dulled down and my brain has been bored. I loved EVERYTHING in this and what it caused. I myself have been getting into..well back into comics. I realize now that continuity is simply a word when it comes to Marvel and that its amazing everything is making sense in your stories.
Good Job, God Bless, and keep up the good work.
Soledad chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
The amount of knowledge and parallel storylines you are weaving together are truly amazing. I was always wondering what happened with the rest of the parasites from "Conspiracy", and now finally someone has come up with an explanation.
Peliar Zel chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
If you consider the book Q-Zone to be canon, then a little correction is in order...
The T'kon Empire didn't have a vast interstellar territory. It was mostly within its home system with outposts in other systems. Its sun was dying, so the Tkons resolved to replace it with a younger star through a sophisticated transporter system. Q and a small group of powerful beings helped started a civil war in the Tkon Empire until one of the omnipotent beings caused the sun to die much faster, going supernova. The only remains of this empire were the guardian outposts and the transporter system still around the intended younger star elsewhere.
Very tragic tale in the book. Poor Empress Glevi ut Sov...
Carycomic chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
WHOA! I can empathize with Kate's dizziness! This one imaginative chapter rivals the entire Q-trilogy. You know; the ST paperbacks which offered an alternate explanation for the fall of the T'kon Empire. I have just one question, though. Is this time machine that Q mentioned the same one that caused a time-loop on a certain episode of "Stargate SG-1?" A time-loop that only Jack and Teal'c noticed? *I know there won't be any cameos by those characters. I'm just wondering!*
Renato chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Very good attempt at tying in the discrepancies in Star Trek and elsewhere. Perhaps the Temporal Cold War was what caused the Borg destruction of the El-Aurian homeworld. El-Aurians appear to have an innate sense of temporal shifts and as such, were dangerous to various temporal factions.
Texan chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
You've done it again. You created two universes that in of themselves are unique, and now you are preparing to mix the two, and in a manner I had not foreseen.
A most excellent beginning!