Reviews for Fly on Broken Wings
VegaLume-San chapter 109 . 7/10/2017
I came here hoping for a new chapter after having a funny dream about Heero trying to fix my USB powered portable fan. *laughs*
I love this story and I've spent the better part of the last 4 days reading it (up to chapter 85 when I wrote this). I know Gundam Wing seems like a dying fandom but I will always keep reading fics, just as long as folks keep writing them.

Hugs
Vega
Rosedreams chapter 109 . 6/30/2016
Hello Dearest Violet. You did leave us hanging on one heck of a cliff hanger. Are you well?
epifonia chapter 109 . 7/7/2015
I thought of several ideas for writing a review for this story, but none of them did it justice so instead I've apparently decided to include my entire process of thought. Idea 1: Wow. wowowowowowowowowowoowowowowowowow. (and so on). Idea 2: Thank you. (short because that way you might see how I'm otherwise speechless because I'm so blown away by this story). 3: Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou you're the best author ever, I love you so much this is so amazing please post more pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Just every chapter continually blew me away. I had to cut myself from reading it because even though there are 109 chapters I was afraid I would go through it too fast. The descriptions of everything that they go through...it's amazing, and so uplifting to watch them slowly find a way to live. Duo and Heero's relationship kills me with how understated and so perfectly them it is. I'm not even sure how you managed to make each and every one of their interactions so perfectly imperfect. I am totally awed by your writing skill, your talent for plot and dialogue, and your insight into the hearts and minds of people. Your description of Quatre's first time getting drunk was so unbelievably perfect, and the scene with Quatre stealing and swallowing the pills Trowa was going to use was heartbreaking and so realistic I felt my heart beating fast and was still feeling tears of relief two chapters after it was over. I don't think anyone can get through life without knowing and caring about people who have to deal with mental issues, and your descriptions are so beautifully unstigmatized and full of unconditionally love while still capturing the difficulty of living with the issues, and loving the people that have those issues. Thank you so much for this, really from the bottom of my heart this story has incredible value, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that. I really sincerely hope that you continue this soon. I was so scared when I saw that the last time you had posted was 2013, but then I saw your note and hope was rekindled! :) I know how hard it is to combine writing for fun into this forum that has readers clamoring at you for more; I have my own unfinished fiction that I was certain I was going to have no problems updating and now it seems it has already been years. But just in case all you need is another review reminding you that people are still reading this story, and are still deeply moved by it, here it is.
love
epifonia
Kikenkita chapter 14 . 9/3/2014
I really like the way you split up the descriptions of Quatres sisters with action. It drew a picture of the scene without drawing it out and losing flow or interest.
Fall in Snow chapter 109 . 4/15/2014
No, no, no, no! I started your wonderfully heart clenching story yesterday, skipped classed today to finish and was horrified to see its not finished!
I'm on the edge of my seat for your story. I live the way you make me feel with your characterization. You're just magic the way you give us a glimps of what's in the charters head but you have a way of writing that just screams your completely there and they can't hide anything from you.
Love it and can't wait for the next update!
Rosedreams chapter 102 . 2/5/2014
*nudge Nudge* It's almost a year now? Are you actually alive?
Candycakes chapter 109 . 8/4/2013
So I've finally read the whole thing. I guess I was lucky to come down with a sinus infection because I had an excuse to just sit and read this entire beautiful monstrosity. I'm really hoping you haven't abandoned this fiction for good and since you've been writing on it for 9 years now I hope I'm right. I'm really involved in the story and the characters and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Candycakes chapter 108 . 8/2/2013
So thanks to someone in China trying to get into my gmail (again) I logged into one of my old accounts that I probably hadn't used since 2009. You can imagine my surprise when I had a pile of notices from telling me that this story (which I had assumed was abandoned) had been updated. And I mean updated A LOT.

Maybe this sounds dumb but I have often thought back to this story and wanted to see how things turned out for the characters. I'm so glad you've continued to update it even if it makes me the sort of goober who reads the same Gundam Wing fanfiction at age 23 as they did at 14.

Either way I'm finally into the bits of the story that are new to me and I'm greatly enjoying things so far (I'm only on 36). I hope we'll see more of Heero in the future and I expect once I get into it I will.

Thanks so much for keeping up this labor of love. It seriously feels like so many stories I enjoyed from long ago have disappeared or stopped updating. The fact that you've kept this one alive and awesome is nothing short of amazing. Keep up the good work!
Mendeia chapter 109 . 5/28/2013
You're going to come back and write more on this...right? Please?

I know you're incredibly prolific in your other fandoms (and I'm utterly impressed by it!) but I hope in the midst of all else you don't forget this one!
nyxity chapter 109 . 5/4/2013
I have no idea when I dropped out on reading this, but it is wonderful to see it is still alive and actually updated. After starting from the very beginning again, it has been a joy and ironically, a bit nostalgic.
I love how you incorporated so many disorders into this and seem to know the way it is first hand. It allows me to relate to many of the characters as well as see things in a different light to some degree. Duo, Quatre, Trowa and Heero... I absolutely see parts of myself in them due to the disorders they have been assigned.
Wufei and Zech's struggles with love... I can absolutely relate. It really makes me wonder if you are one of the "crazies" in this world as well. I know I am. :P
I hope you are able to update again soon. This has... been, in a sense, a real treat for me. I am particularly fond of Trowa and Heero (Ironically I relate to them the most despite I should relate to Duo most due to the bipolar) and the cliffhanger with Quatre baaing for his Shepard is very hard to ignore. Poor Quatre, poor Trowa nad Poor Zechs all around.
Overall, thank you so much for this story so far.
Edna chapter 109 . 5/3/2013
Oh please, please don't stop here! I know you are busy with your other fics and certainly life always seems to get in the way at the most inopportune times. But truly, this is a great story. And it's so very close to a conclusion! If you could please just manage a finale around all the other busy projects, I know I (and surely many others) would be immensely grateful. What an incredible undertaking this story must have been thus far, so many years in the making. But through each insightful chapter, we readers can appreciate the growth and maturity of your writing style and delight in the evolution of your interpretation of the GW characters that we all know and love from when the anime came out years and years ago.

Honestly, this is a great fic. Understandably, motivation constantly fluctuates and can dissipate altogether concerning a long-standing project. But you still have at least one faithful reader who is eager to follow your GW characters to their catharsis and, hopefully, happy ending (though angst was a descriptor used in the teaser, so I can appreciate an ending not so jovial or rewarding for all characters :) Angst can be powerfully moving as well.)

Again, thank you for your wonderful creation. I eagerly anticipate its conclusion and hope you will continue to consider finishing your magnificently long project. A great tribute to a great anime.

Best of luck and thank you again.

-Edna
elle.writes chapter 109 . 3/29/2013
OMG wow I have so many things I could say about this fic. But then it's like 400,000 some words, right, so that's to be expected, huh? ;-P

I honestly don't even know what possessed me to start reading this as Quatre and Trowa are really not my favorite couple and I had extreme reservations about it having been started in 2004. Oh, I wrote plenty then, and I know how terrible my writing was. ;-) Plus I don't typically take on huge multiparts that are unfinished. But anyway, sick curiosity drove me into it and I actually found the whole idea of it so compelling I kept on reading. Really, Wufei's character was terribly intriguing. And then the promise of Heero and Duo.

And then somewhere along the way - even when I had to force myself through some Quatre and Trowa bits - I found myself tearing up over Heero and Duo's chapters. Duo's description of depression as being in the well is so poignant and true. And Heero's bastardized attempts to help him, stuck in his own issues, are so moving. I just absolutely love your Heero in general. I always figure that guy has to have schizoid disorder or something but I think this is a great take. Where he tells Quatre you don't just throw away broken things... :'-( OMG. (Still brings tears to my eyes. I'm a big ol' sap, what can I say?) Oh and jeez I feel like going back and rereading the chapter where you first start really understanding Heero and Duo's backstory and Duo talks about how Heero was totally his partner in crime and they spray whipped cream in that girl's locker and then go out to the football field and - yeah. I felt my stomach drop at that, finally having confirm-able evidence of Heero's affection and an understanding of why Duo got with him in the first place. And the lists of why he should kiss Duo... (Okay, okay, I'm going to stop rehashing your own story for you because I'm gonna start crying. Boy I'm lame! Suffice to say I find their whole story INCREDIBLY moving!)

And then the Wufei and Zechs thing. Holy wow. I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to pursue a relationship in that situation and poor Zechs. Well, poor Wufei too, jeez. I just don't even know what to say about that. I'm glad that Wufei has finally come around to realizing his feelings. I just hate that Zechs feels like giving up. :-( Not that I blame him! I don't know what kind of functional relationship they could really have.

And even thought some of the Quatre and Trowa bits wore on me (I can't help it! Not your fault!) I still found myself incredibly moved when Trowa first starts talking about the sit quietly game - jeez, how heart-breakingly terrible. (Yeah, there were tears! Of course.) And I am extremely curious as to exactly what the heck is up with Quatre. I'm thinking maybe he saw his mum get murdered or something but heck if I can really guess. I'm so proud of him for fleeing his sisters though and I hope Zechs finds him without too much incident! (And I'm glad Zechs has a heart. I think it makes his character so much more endearing.)

Anyway, jeez, I could literally pick apart every specific thing I thought was remarkably accurate about this depressing and yet strangely hopeful work but I think this review might end up longer than this chapter. ;-P But seriously. I will be following this story as long as it takes to update and finish! :D
Amy Hirosaki chapter 109 . 3/26/2013
still reading and still loving this story. this is definitely one of those stories that have everything in a story what I want (known fictional characters, psychological themas, drama, love, daily life, problems, character development) and the best thing is that you haven't abandoned it. I really believe you'll finish this beautiful story one day and I also really belief that that day isn't near.
actually, when I think about it, I can't think of a lot of stories which are better than this one. Comparing it to fanfiction, this story is one of the best stories out there (I've been reading fanfiction over 11 years now I guess..) Comparing it to existing books.. pfffssss, this story is ten times better than all of them. You put so much work in it, in the character development especially, even when I didn't expect it (e.g. Zech, Marcy).

pfff I can only praise you, for still updating this story, making my day shine when I can read another chapter.

so uhh. good update! Thank you!
ThisLittlePiggyStayedHome chapter 109 . 3/21/2013
wufei and zechs is my favourite ship here :) but I felt so sorry for wuffers after he kissed duo
Poor baby :(
Dentelle-noir chapter 109 . 3/18/2013
Oh damn! Poor guys! Just keep on messing it up!