Reviews for Sign of a Seer
Olivia Sutton chapter 3 . 3/24/2004
This was awesome! One of THE best LotR fics I've read in a long, long time on this site. The mood is tense and really, really grabs the interest of the reader. Your characterization is spot-on.
I have just a couple of brief specific notes.
(1) "hunting hawk" -I actually mis-read this as "hunted hawk" and thought, "What an odd metaphor,", so I read the sentence slowly, again, and realised it was *hunting* hawk and not *hunted* hawk. So it's a bit confusing for the reader. Anyway, hawks are birds of prey, they catch small rodents (mice, rats, moles, etc) and fish for their diet (like falcons and eagles). So I wouldn't say "hunted hawk"-the usual metaphor of a hawk suggests someone of something that's sharp on the outlook.
I *think* you meant that Pippin had a wild-eyed look, possibly haunted or frightened. You might want to try for a different metphor.
Otoh-It's a unique turn of phrase as it stands, so if you like it, please keep it.
(do not go to Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes, to quote a phrase), Sorry to be ambigious.
Pippin touching the box that holds the Ring and having such a intense vision-totally, and completely realistic. I loved it, very dramatic, definately engages the readers interest. It makes perfect sense, to me anyways, that an object of pure evil, like the ring, would have strong psychic imprints that *would* affect a psychic or seer like Pippin.
I liked the slipped-in movie quote, "What could possibly happen?"
I also really liked the hint of the Ring's trying to influence Frodo.
Anyway-an excellent chapter. And I can't wait to see more-PLEASE keep writing!
-Olivia
LinZE chapter 3 . 3/24/2004
This is incredable! Please update soon
thanks
Linds
Jenni chapter 3 . 3/23/2004
love it. can't wait for the next chapter...
pipinheart chapter 3 . 3/23/2004
It wasn't too long could have been longer and would have loved it.
I love the part where pip is having a vision and a voice not his speaks, that was bone chilling and up the great work update this soon I can't wait to hear what happens next.
szhismine chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
eep!
poor Pippin!
this is a great fic, i can't wait to find out what happens next! please continue!
Madi chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
Must... Read... Next... Chapter... ARGH! It's so good. I have to know what happens to Pippin.
Xena chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
Wow, that was so intense, that was great! The beginning was so nice, I felt calm and relaxed. That changed quite quickly. That scared me half to death! It was so frightening, him just screaming and going limp, his eyes changing color, and that voice, repeating little phrases... You wrote that so incredibly well, my eyes were wide, staring at the screen! I'm glad that Frodo knows about Pippin's visions now, maybe he can find something out. I enjoyed this chapter so much, I'm on the edge of my seat for more!
IceEmber chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
Eesh! Poor Pippin, burned hands and random times to pass out. Update soon plz!
~*Ice Ember*~
Sonia chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
This story is very interesting. And very original. I'm not too fond of AUs normally (not that there's something wrong with them, mind you, that's just me), but I really like this one and I'm hooked to it. You described Pippin's visions wonderfully and vividly. This story touches something pretty deep in me, and so I thank you for writing it.
I hope we'll have more soon!
Sonia
anon chapter 3 . 3/21/2004
AW! Poor Pippin! This was a great chapter! Evil Sauron, hurting my Pip! Update soon! Can't wait for the next chapter!
r-z chapter 3 . 3/21/2004
aww! ace, ace, ace! continue.
pru chapter 2 . 3/19/2004
This was a great start. I hope that there will be regular additions to this story because I really enjoyed it.
IceEmber chapter 2 . 3/19/2004
Aww poor Frodo. That would suck not being able to say goodbye to your father-figure. Update soon plz! _
~*Ice Ember*~
szhismine chapter 2 . 3/18/2004
woohoo!
great update. please continue soon, this is really really good. :D
Jenni chapter 2 . 3/18/2004
loved it.
can't wait for the next chapter.
please upate soon...