Reviews for The Phrygian Flute
anonymous chapter 12 . 9/4/2013
I would love you to do more on Faramir after the war, especially witb Aragorn and stuffs. I thought,because the last chapter ends with a part one...
More please! If it's not dead..
time2read chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
hey this is an odd request, i wanted to know if you could write another agnysty story with faramir denethor and boromir just like your first three chapters (when they are adults) i like reading stories about these characters but your style of writing surpassed the other stories that i have read so if you have a moment please write another one

thanks!
CC chapter 12 . 4/25/2011
An outstanding story, one of the very best I've read. The only imperfection is that there are no more chapters! :(

Your portrayal of the characters, especially Faramir and Denethor, brings a tear to my eye.

Please update soon!
NOA chapter 12 . 12/15/2009
No more chapters? :-(
Lady of Rohan chapter 12 . 7/23/2009
I still have a great hope that you will continue this wonderful story. This is one of my absolutely favourite fanfictions. :)
Greylin chapter 12 . 3/7/2007
Oh, I think I've died and gone to heaven - you've updated at last! I have just read chapters 1-9 again, expecting to finish there as before, and couldn't believe my luck when I saw the link to "next" at the foot of the page. It's the same beautiful, delicate prose, and it's no less than Faramir deserves. Thank you, and I'm really looking forward to your next update.
acacia59601 chapter 12 . 12/6/2006
Really good story! I hope you update it soon!
juna-starrider chapter 12 . 11/2/2006
Awesome, an update! I was quite content with the "cliffhanger" ending (chapter 9), but Lo and Behold, more well written work! I do like the change in perspective for chapter 11, and also the fact that you are not one of those people who follows the book plotline to the letter. I can't wait for the second part of Eowyn and Faramir.

P.S. I truly enjoy the quotes at the beginning (both LotR and non-LotR related). It gives the story a 'polished' feel.
Raksha The Demon chapter 12 . 10/2/2006
A beautiful chapter - good usage of Edrahil, battle-hardened and a "cub" no more. I liked Faramir's first sight of Eowyn in the garden; Eowyn, though graceful and beautiful, is still haunted. Faramir is appropriately written here, too, experiencing the fallout from his mission and bereavement, and the description of his perception of his ordeal from the Black Breath is a fitting nightmare of fire and confusion.

I hope to see the story finished soon.
Chibi-kaz chapter 12 . 9/28/2006
This is going along magnificently. Just as a note:

"to see their Captain as weak as a yearling lamb?" Um, I dunno what you might know about sheep, but a yearling sheep is usually pretty sturdy. You could change "yearling" to weanling - that's much younger, or change lamb to colt perhaps? Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Chibi-Kaz
chibikaz chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Excellent work. I think I recall reading some of this before somewhere.

Quick note: "Soon the retreat would become a route." There should be no E on the end of that. It's "rout" not 'route'. A Rout is a disorderly/disastrous defeat. A route is a path of travel.

Otherwise, excellent stuff. Well crafted and lyrical. And I like that you've used the movie descriptions of them (I adore David Wenham, have since before LOTR).

Cheers,

Chibi-Kaz
Greylin chapter 9 . 11/11/2004
Marvellous, marvellous. Thank you so much. Your portrayal of Boromir and Faramir reminded very much of the complex relationship between brothers in "The Game of Kings" by Dorothy Dunnett. Anyone who enjoyed your wonderful story would also love that book, I think (and the five sequels!)

I was delighted that you made Faramir a "leftie". How could he not be? :)
Peekaboo42 chapter 9 . 9/28/2004
I'm loving this story! You write so well; it's like I'm reading the words of the great JRRT himself. I hope you will post ch 10 very soon. I'm putting you on my author alert list.
Levaire chapter 9 . 8/30/2004
What us AU? Please update.
Lady of Rohan chapter 9 . 8/25/2004
Another beatiful chapter. I can't express how much this story means to me. Thank you.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »