Reviews for Megaman Phoenix
Sazdx chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I read part of this story 5 years ago, until the chapter 20 I think, and it really touched me. I'm currently trying to finish it this time, because I really loved this story. I'm a big Fan of Megaman, an I really liked how you made the Reploid Armors, and also the conflict from the characters and such. You really are a great writer and I am waiting to see other pieces you might make.
AtrumUnas chapter 60 . 6/5/2008
I read this story about two years ago but never reviewed. I read it again last year and again never reviewed. I just remembered the name of the story and now I'm going to review. Well, I'd say that this is the single greatest story that I have ever read in my life. Better than any fan fiction and pretty much better than Dune and Foundation by the pros. It's got great combat, a hair raising and gripping storyline and a killer ending. The fact that it got such low fanfare, at least as far as I can see, is depressing. This story inspired me to become a writer so thanks for that. My only regret is not reviewing before now. I'll probably read it a third or fourth time in the next little while, too.
Animako chapter 59 . 9/25/2005
Wow... this is so long I don't know where to start.

I've enjoyed reading this, although I wish I'd been reading it while you were posting it: it's taken me ages to read through, and I've skipped through some parts.

Oh, and I haven't played and of the MMZ games right through and I played the bits of them I did play a long time ago, I'm not sure on the real-game plots. The 'gemini' were your original concept, weren't they?

But yeah, review: The plot is very good overall, and I didn't anticipate some of the twists. Still, I don't think you gave enough detail re Lance's joining Neo Arcadia, you didn't seem to justify it very clearly. He didn't anticipate that he would have to fight his friends, which seems to me to be OOC for him.

Your writing is of a very high standard overall too: I'm impressed. However, you sometimes, (particularly during the earlier chapters) describe things in the present tense when it would be normal to write them in the past (historic, whatever) tense.

Oh, and I'm glad you didn't write this as another FF fic. As you said, there're enough of those already. I noticed the Reploid-Armours were all named after FF summons, though, and the was something named after Shiva...

Well, I've talked enough.

Well done overall, this is a great fic.

*goes to look at what else you've written*

Mako
The Idealistic Dreamer chapter 14 . 9/13/2005
Chapter 14 (Titled Chapter Thirteen) is also Fractured. It's cut short right after the first scene.
FoREvEr ends chapter 12 . 8/8/2005
I like the whole conversation about why they're fighting. Adds more emotional depth to the story. Though I can't imagine Epsilon giggling, as you put it. Just a thought. Anyway, I liked Lance here. Quiet, brooding... _
FoREvEr ends chapter 3 . 8/6/2005
Oh, wow that's very interesting, the idea with the Reploids and how they work. Even though all the terms used in here are kind of confusing, I think it's really well-written and interesting. It's good that you worked all the background information into the actual line of the story, but at the same time, too much is... confusing, like I said above. I have to go read the rest now
K. Pepper chapter 31 . 3/14/2005
Great chapter, as usual. Looks like Lance and Eudora are finally talking a bit more. I guess I don’t have many comments to make. Looks like another big battle may be coming for next chapter!

Iniora Nackatori chapter 60 . 3/13/2005
There's really only one thing I can say to this fanfic, and believe me, it's an understantement.

Damn. Good. Fic.

That's it. The only words that come to mind. I can only pray that I can come close to reaching this level of written beauty.

If youever decided to make a sequel, I'll be the first to read it.

Till next time, this is Iniora Nackatori, signing out.
K. Pepper chapter 30 . 2/28/2005
Finally, we get back to the Neo-Arcadian characters… I always like to see what they’re up to. Sounds like quite a fight developing. And poor Stephanie! It may take her awhile to mentally recover from the shock of losing everyone like that! Anyway, you did a good job, as usual.

K. Pepper chapter 29 . 2/25/2005
Great fight, that was… and… Mithrandiel went berserk. And when he goes berserk, he really goes berserk. Still, his armor design and whatnot sound really cool, and I wonder what problems he’ll cause later. Also, I find it kinda fun that Giordano just tried to enlist in the UN military; he’s an interesting character; I look forward to seeing a bit more of him around. Great job, as usual.

K. Pepper chapter 28 . 2/25/2005
Finally, Vincent’s past! I’ve been wondering about it; now I know the whole thing rather than bits and pieces. Nice chapter, with some good character insights. Well, it looks like Mithrandiel is gonna go nuts now. I wonder how that will bode for everyone. I have to say, during Lei’s dream, you had me fooled; I was sitting here thinking, “I thought Lance and Vincent were labeled ‘unsuitable for combat…’” Well, I guess you faked me out that. That’s all, until next review!

K. Pepper chapter 27 . 2/23/2005
Okay, minor mistake here; my reviews somehow got ahead of themselves, so this is actually two reviews in one for chapter 26 and 27; sorry ‘bout that, and yes; I am an idiot. Now, on to the review;

I was mildly amused by the whole thing with Aden talking with his mouth full at the beginning, and again by Lei’s comments on the simulater; “in the end, it’s still just a video game.”

Uh-oh, looks like Eudora has a thing for Lance… and she’s definitely the jealous type! Nice development there, though; it almost seems natural for her to like him, since he saved her. I can’t say I didn’t see it coming, and I’ve also suspected some possibilities (that I have a feeling won’t go anywhere) between Stephanie and Lance. A love triangle developing? Who knows, but it’s a nice little distraction to all the fighting.

Overall, good chapter. Sounds like the group has their hands full; with Lance unable to fight, making their escape through the mountains may be a bit tricky, and by the end of the chapter, it sounds like they won’t have Vincent to count on, either. I guess I’ll just have to read the next chapter to see what happened to him. Great job.

Finally, some revelations about Vincent! I was really starting to get curious, since I kept recalling what he was doing in the first chapter, at the very beginning. I guess I’m still not sure what he was doing… Anyway, good job, I’m starting to get pretty interested again, even though I took a bit of a break from reading this. Well, expect another review soon!

K. Pepper chapter 26 . 2/22/2005

K. Pepper chapter 25 . 2/17/2005
Lance went bonkers, huh? Well, we’ll have to see where that leads. (Yeah, I know I’m a little behind. Oh, well. I’m still going to send a review for every chapter I read.) Good writing and story development. X33s… X druids… the pantheons, I’m guessing? I’ve been wondering about that. Can’t wait to see what else is in store!

Sudentor chapter 60 . 2/16/2005
Sword, Staff and Bow: Chapter Twelve repaired; please inform me if you find any other severed chapters.

Phantom Kensai: Hoo, this is a long one. Anyways...the way how Wiel called Lance a Zero Clone is actually incorrect, but I'm not going to explain what Lance really is unless I write a sequel to Phoenix (which would still be a prequel to Megaman Zero; I have some ideas about the sequel but not enough). Also, stuff after Chapter 43 wasn't exactly based off First Strike, but rather, Fall of Reach. P Lei...well, let's not get there. As for Elliot Corrigan and Longevity, I kind of thought about putting them in the epilogue before, but since I was writing the epilogue from Phoenix's point of view, I was struggling to wonder if Phoenix knew of their fate even though he wasn't supposed to know. But then, I kind of forgot. XD Also, Wiel and Ciel, that one I just thought up. I thought it would be easier for Ciel to locate the Zero Copy if Wiel had tipped her off about it. The Elf Wars thing...well, let's just say that the entire story was written just before Megaman Zero 2 was released, so let's not complain too much about it, eh? Zero...ack, where the hell else would you put him other than Maverick Hunter HQ? XD I didn't want Brandon or Lloyd to die because they would have more important roles if I write a sequel, but I felt that someone just needed to die. So I just decided to have Subaru and Sakura die at the same time. Thanks for reading all the same.

Windwingxs: Thank you for coming back to read Megaman Phoenix. While I would prefer you to consider your grades before reading my fanfiction, thank you all the same. Yes, I don't exactly have great feelings when I have to delete things I haven't completed. I don't necessarily feel horrible, but you can imagine how annoyed I'd feel.

As to what I'll be writing next? Eh, I dunno. Probably not the sequel to Phoenix. Because I'm starting to look in the direction of Gundam Seed.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »