Reviews for Alqualondë
Ihsan997 chapter 1 . 8/17
Holy moly holy moly that was incredible! Every time I skim here I find something amazing like this.

Prose is difficult enough, but for me personally poetry is nigh impossible - it's difficult to both find words that rhyme and tell a story at the same time. I suppose you showed two skills here: a vast vocabulary and the ability to creatively use those words. I know little of Tolkien but the pain of an ancient war that spoilt so much is easy to feel. I can't get over the fact that you wrote all this over a decade ago...simply amazing!
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Oh, so beautiful! Your word-choices are exquisite, and the poem in general is very reminiscent of Tolkien. Amazing!
(and poor Teleri indeed)

iloveyou chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Oh my GOD. You are so talented! THAT WAS AMAZING! The imagery is beautiful. It was so poetic and heartbreaking and well written! You captured it PERFECTLY. That was VERY Tolkien-ish. Your language was amazing. It needs to be put to music because YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A GENIUS
why are none of the other reviews IN ALL CAPS?!
anyway, I loved this and thank you for writing it!
Estel Star-Kindler chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
This was great I thought - accurate and very well put together!
JadedFire chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
That was really good! Especially since it sounds very Tolkien-ish. I usually don't find anything that's really LotR poetry. But this is great! And you've described the rape of the Silmarils, and the Kinslaying very well. Good job! :-)
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Wow! You truly write like tolkien himself - it has the air of Beowulf; beautiful kennings and timing. I also like the unusual Telerin POV.
Tinuviel-luthien chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
Wow. I'm amazed this is an incredible poem. It reminds of the Lay of Leithan only yours is concerning Feanor and the Noldor. You did a nice job with all the figurative language. Your a great poet, keep writting poetry!
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
Beautiful. I love Silmfic poetry. Most of it is so well done, and this is no exception. Great, great work! This piece is one of the most "real" Tolkien-style poetry I've read in a while. *cheers* Hello, favorites list. :)
Reina del Mar chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
this is a lovely poem. it sounds like it could have fit in perfectly as one of the songs the fellowship sings in lotr or something. i love the line 'but in the south a terror lurked', among others. its general phrasing is very good as well.
good job!