Reviews for A Gilded Cage
Nearing Midnight chapter 16 . 11/7/2013
It's been years, but please; one more update?
CaptainThetaSigma chapter 16 . 9/24/2011
I reakky hope you haven't abandoned this story, because it is one of the best POTC fics I've ever read.
ChocolateChipCookie26 chapter 16 . 2/27/2011
Is there more? This is really interesting!
tndigger chapter 16 . 4/5/2008
Wow, just finished reading, I hope you decide to write the last chapter of this POTC story, loved to know how this part ends.
ashlyns chapter 16 . 11/28/2006
awesome! cant wait!
ellennar chapter 16 . 10/24/2006
You're back! Huzzah! And you've let Lorelac back out...well, well, well what are you planning now?
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 16 . 10/21/2006
This has to be the only M rated fic I actually like reading and that's saying something. I hope you'll update soon I'm interested in the ending of this epic.
Lynx Ryder chapter 16 . 10/21/2006
Wow! This is so exciting! :D I've never waited a year for one chapter before.

“Should you bring your curse upon my chief as you have the Turner’s I will kill you, Captain."

Hmm, clearly he does not understand the particulars of this curse. Cute that he'd be willing to do anything to protect Norry though!

"He may not have been quite what Swann had imagined for his daughter, but he was a decent man."

And a decent man is pretty darn hard to come by.

“In the back. Alone,” the man said with a gesture of his chin. “His crew’s about though.”

Amazing what a little money can buy.

“And I hope you’ve said your goodbyes to your wife and children.”

Oh no, he's not going to kill him :S Surely not.

“There’s no greater freedom than knowing you have the power over life and death and no one can stop you.”

Oh Jack...what a monster Kruller created :(

"Just another corpse in a dirty pub in Tortuga; unmarked and unmourned."

Argh! No! :'( More death and destruction...I suppose I should have guessed as much from the title of this chapter :P

"Why was her husband dead when Barbossa was given a second chance?"

Good question, Liz. This whole fic is so full of pain and injustice...it's a wonder you can sleep at night, Merrie! ;D

“I do too know the sharp end of a sword and if you even insinuate that I don’t again, Norrington I’ll be more than happy to provide a demonstration!”

Heehee, that's our girl!

“Bet you wish you had that plate of apples now, eh mate?”

Hahaha, I bet he does ;)

"He turned his attention away from the mortal, who was now professing his name to be something like ‘Kiquan’ and that he would be his eternal servant, to the sea."

WHAT? Oh no, that can't be good.

Woah, craziness! I think I understood everything that was going on. If I had time I'd go back and re-read a few chapters but alas I do not. Can't wait for the next chapter, please don't make us wait another year!

Thank you, Merrie!
YuYuFanatic14 chapter 15 . 8/17/2006
I've read this story and the one before it, and I liked them both. Long chapters with a good plot... much angst... I like dark fics, and you're very good at writing them. I REALLY hope you update this story, because I REALLY want to see what happens next!
Kurai Himitsu chapter 15 . 7/14/2006
You are evil. Please don't stop writing this story! I couldn't bear it if you did. It's just...too good to let die! Er...that was a bad choice of words I suppose... Anyway, please, keep it up! And, this may seem cruel but, good ridance to Will! (He's probably lucky to die so early in the story anyway...)

CAPTIAN Jack Sparrow all the way!

Kurai
terrawolf chapter 15 . 12/12/2005
I just found this series today. It is very interesting. I also would like to hear more about Jack's past.

Can you please update pretty soon so that I may know what happens? Thanks
Holliday1081 chapter 15 . 7/25/2005
Yay an update! I'm always so happy to see your chapters waiting in my inbox.

Now, this whole thing with Lorelac and Rasalom is extremely interesting. I really like that throughout your whole first story, Lorelac is the supreme evil that must be dealt with, but now it turns out there is something bigger and badder than your trickster demon. Very interesting.

Jack's past certainly does not cease to interest me either. I was just like ol' Lizzie when Barbossa asked what changed Jack I was really hoping for an answer. Of course, you left me hanging there, I'd expect nothing less. I'm just dying to see what Richard finds when he arrives in Tortuga. How different is Sparrow from Pardel?

Lastly, I really enjoyed the part with Groves. In that short section, you turned the new Commodore into someone very much like Norrington, and I like it alot. The line about those left behind to bury the dead being cursed was absolutely beautiful.

Wonderful chapter! As ever, you keep me satisfied yet wanting more updates. Cheers, mate!
Lynx Ryder chapter 15 . 7/23/2005
Oh, Fiend dear, what a beginning to a chapter. I love it. The history of Lorelac becomes a little clearer, at long last.

"The crime they had imprisoned him for he could no longer fully remember…something about a mortal girl…but he was certain that his questions had been the real reason."

A mortal girl? Hm, don't like the sound of that at all.

"Sparrow is ours. You may have the others; the one marked as yours and the girl. They are yours. Leave Sparrow to us. We have plans for him…"

Gah, why won't everyone just LEAVE JACK ALONE? *pants* ;)

“Well we don’t usually cater to that sort of…entertainment, but you might try down on the docks—”

HAHAHA! Good stuff.

“Tortuga. You’ll find her in Tortuga."

Ah, Tortuga...it'll linger. ;D

"“You’re cursed,” was all Barbossa seemed to have to say on the subject."

Never was the brightest bulb in the box, was he? :P

"It gave me life to take yours while knowing all along that I couldn’t."

Now that is a predicament few find themselves in ;D.

“Shall I aim my pistol at the lovely Miss Swann now for old time’s sake?”

*giggles* Oh Barbossa, you've still got it.

"If I don’t cooperate, you’ll kill me. If I do cooperate, you’ll still kill me."

Seems perfectly clear Hector dear, don't argue with the man with the sword. :P

"What had changed him so significantly in the first place?"

I do love a good mystery :D.

"Sparrow would be his again and the world would weep."

What a last line! Fiend...you are AMAZING! A-frickin-MAZING!

Chapter 15 sounds like it's going to be wonderful too...I'll be waiting ;).
NeonDaisies chapter 15 . 7/23/2005
Geeze! Just when you get to the good part (or since it's all good, perhaps I should say just when you get to the *best* part), you go and end it, Merrie! :P I have tasted my own medicine and I don't like it.

Reading the bit between Lorelac and Rasalom reminded me very strongly of certain discussions between Jeffrey and Sands. :P I was all "Whoa, wrong fic." ;) Loved it though.

I demand more whenever you reappear. So keep that in mind, missy.
ellennar chapter 15 . 7/22/2005
Hurray for updates! Poor Jack - what did he do that every minor godling is gunning for him?