Reviews for Through an Adult's Eyes
Guest 2019 chapter 14 . 2/1/2019
Stunningly beautiful! The depth, range and scope of this story sets it in a category all its own. A truly magnificent creation! Thank you.
MarinaIbrahim chapter 14 . 3/16/2018
O-oh wow, this... this is an ending like no other. I... I don't know how I feel, since I always anticipate the ending where they go to her world, or they separate, but this... it's like the guilty pleasure ending like when you watch stuff and say "I know it's not good to kill but they should have outright murdered that person" or "No he should freaking leave and not forgive her, she's an idiot" and holy crap you fulfilled such a scenario. It's the alternative bittersweet ending, since you know you can't always have both. The movie presented one, and you presented the other. I do love Jareth's despair at the thought of losing Sarah again (though he disguises it quite aggressively) and then Sarah's bold resolve. I really didn't expect that from her. The only thing I question is, why is it that Sarah wouldn't be able to return to the human world? Especially when Jareth is able to do so himself? Couldn't she at least visit her family time to time as an animal too? This is the only thing I was confused about. Anyway, I enjoyed this story so much! I usually steer away from scenarios where Sarah is over 20, and her brother is older too and plays a significant part, or when Jareth doesn't (seem to) show interest in her, so it's quite as a shock to me to have enjoyed this. Thank you for this great read!
MarinaIbrahim chapter 13 . 3/15/2018
Holy fudging crap, I don't want this to end, not yet oh my gooooossssshhhh I'm floating on cloud nine right now from everything that had to do with Jareth and Sarah in this chapter. You did so well author so well!
MarinaIbrahim chapter 12 . 3/15/2018
This little Grunt has made it into my list of favorite original characters. Also, I like the parallelism you put at the end!
MarinaIbrahim chapter 11 . 3/15/2018
I do so love it when Jareth and Sarah have a heated argument. This time I clapped for Jareth's monologue. I always love it when he has to do some hard explaining to Sarah. And what a treat that they finally had civil - perhaps romantic is a better term - interaction with that dance scene. Thank you for that!
MarinaIbrahim chapter 9 . 3/15/2018
"... I'm taking Jareth" That is such a bold statement to be said Sarah ;) or that I wish she said, or rather not, the way you left the statement hanging is just perfect already. And glad she was able to experience catharsis by taking down all those posters and getting rid of Brian - WAIT, I JUST REALIZED THIS NOW EX BOYFRIEND HAS THE SAME NAME FROM ANOTHER LABYRINTH FANFIC (Forfeit of Dreams) IS THIS A COINCIDENCE OR NOT?
MarinaIbrahim chapter 8 . 3/15/2018
That... That was a dark twist... Oh Hoggle... Why...
MarinaIbrahim chapter 7 . 3/15/2018
THAT CLIFFHANGER. Oh how you did me good with that one. When I realized my hunch was correct I dreaded the moment Sarah and Hoggle would visit the Bog of Eternal Stench. Oh I hope Didymus will be alright...
MarinaIbrahim chapter 6 . 3/15/2018
Nice to see a familiar face finally made its appearance! Also, I'm predicting that those buildings are being engulfed by flames because of Sarah's presence... Her being there as an adult is causing the problems... Man I can only wonder what kind of chaos she'd bring to everyb place in the labyrinth she stepped into...
MarinaIbrahim chapter 5 . 3/15/2018
Okay I'm sorry that I'm spamming the review section with my comments for what may very well be every chapter from here on out, but this chapter certainly did make me go through various emotions! Shock at the realization of who "Anna" really was, disgust at what Brian did, pity for Sarah at that moment, and of course you had me laughing like crazy at Jareth's unfortunate wardrobe malfunction. Never have I ever thought that could happen to the Goblin King, but you made it happen, and for that I am thankful.
MarinaIbrahim chapter 4 . 3/15/2018
You made me laugh with at that bit between Sarah trying to get Anna to constantly use her voice, and the only things Anna could say or sing were things that Sarah deplored. Gosh that was good! I also like the setting of there being an endless amount of rooms presumably from former labyrinth runners, which really goes to show how ancient and enchanted Jareth is if Sarah was able to enter some spell-bound Victorian bedroom and see a room with dancing armor.
MarinaIbrahim chapter 3 . 3/15/2018
Chapter 3 is a gold mine for constant back to back snarky remarks between Jareth and Sarah! Oh how I'm thankful for once that she's grown up enough to develop her skill of giving sharp comebacks to compete with Jareth. I was squealing throughout this chapter more times than I'd like to admit. Honestly, I usually turn down fan fictions where Sarah is more than 20 years old, but this hooked me. Can't wait to read the rest!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/16/2013
Thank you !
Lila chapter 14 . 9/21/2013
Oh, what a happy ending! I was so relieved that Sarah is accepting her place within the Labyrinth and staying to become Jareth's equal that I just couldn't help crying a little bitsy.
At the beginning I wasn't so sure that I liked the concept of the story, but it developed quite nicely, especially throughout the last few chapters. Very well done, I can't wait to read more of your stories.
Sarah Rose 29 chapter 14 . 7/13/2013