Reviews for Distant Water's Gentle Guise
Youkaineko chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I've this fic about four times over, and still hadn't reviewed. This story was good on every level. I enjoy reading this fic whenever I'm in the mood for a good Hakkai fic, or a Tenpou fic, for that matter. It's really good.
Dru chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
I honestly can't explain why I love this as much as I do. I wish I could.
Attiqah Gensui chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
Swordage chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
Oh, so cute! _ I love your characterizations. Hakkai, even sick, is just so wonderfully sweet. I will certainly be going to see what else you're written now! I can't think of the words to give a proper review expressing how much I liked this, but I think it's perfect.
stitcher2ficcer chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Another lovely piece that demonstrates your talent for creating a really fine mood and for exploring the nuances of Hakkai's relationships with the others. The interactions between H and Goku and H and Gojyo here are believable and a pleasure to read. And Gojyo's just-below-the-surface sexual tension and attraction to Hakkai are very nicely captured. Well done!
She's So High chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Aw, I loved this fic! It was so believable and realistically sweet. Not OOC or anything like that at all. Awesome job!
queasy chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
OOh, nice! I like.*snerk* It's Saiyuki; I don't see what historical accuracy has to do with it.
Lacewing chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Actually the saiyuki is a modarnized telling of the older stories, rather than an old story with a few out of sequense twists. You'll notice that some homes have electrisity and some poorer areas or the real boonies may not and still run the old ways, simply because they are so old.
And we've never really seen the guys in any hugely large cities but a couple out of the way places where there may have been other veicals but who the hell in poorer areas where its hard to ship stuff too can afford a car?
So think of it like a alternate universe where it's modarn but you still gott he backwood places where things are done the old ways cause no one can afford more.
past that I enjoyed the story.. I just had to make that comment because I know alot of people argue about the timeline of the story and it's really in a 'no time' but if you'll notice that any calanders imaged in with the charactors bare modarn dates.
KarotsaMused chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
*drools* Wow. That was gorgeous - a much better Hakkai characterization than I've come across in quite a while. And -so- sweet. I wish I could give better comments, but I'm still trying to get my jaw off the floor .
KYOGAKURA chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
you're not that good but your story's great!
you know it's not common for me to praise someone...
you're the first one...
please e-mail me i'd like to know you better...
ja, matta ne...
krimson chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Simply delightful. I smiled all the way through it and was disappointed to come to the end, although the end did not disappoint. Thanks!
Archangel Beth chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Aw. I thought this was very sweet, and keen, and my only perplexity was where rose _leaves_ came into things. I mean, they're green and a bit spiky, right?
incandescens chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Very, very nice indeed, and everyone very much in character. A good read. Thank you.
Mia chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
a sequel would be great :)
Monkeybarrel chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Randy seahorse? _
This was excellent. Lots of nice description and detail entwined within, and also very believable interaction between the guys. I really liked the mixing of themes- of growing up, walking the way, their past and their present. Fabulous story. And thank you for sharing it. :D