Reviews for Curtain Call
pathgirl chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Excellent story
Leaving and Left chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
SecretSnow chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
...I...this was beutiful. Honestly it was.

I think I understand. Lilly said Sirius had been ignoring her before right? And Lilly was really panicked when he went back to the curtains. First impression is that he really could go back but he couldn't go back, his memories were just...jumbled up and started the whole process over and over; continously trying to go back but he can't.

I love how you repete the line from the beginning, that's what led me to believe that he wasn't really brought back, it implies a contious cycle that doesn't break. Sad, Wistful, Melacolny. Whatever you want to call it, this was great.

(But as I'm guessing this story is indeed done, could you please set the status to complete? It's just that it sort of impliments false hope of another chapter)
WantTORead chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Don't tell me that was it! Finish it! Do something! I need to read more. Please. Please, please, pleeasse
RayvynS chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
What a beautiful piece of work. So heartfelt and touching with a morose and melancholy edge but still hope for redemption. This story, and you, are going on my favorites list.
silverymare chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
I was on the brink of tears. One-shots full of endless sadness and regret make me feel this way. You wrote this beautifully. I was reminded on the mature novels that English Literature makes you read and analyse. It has a trail of memories, and the question of after death, and also of the regrets those who are left after a death have.
AJ Black1 chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Great idea for a story! It would be wonderful if Sirius popped back out of the curtain (I don't think we've heard the end of it, anyway), but J.K. Rowling's probably killed him for good. Of course she would kill my favorite character! :) Thank you for resurrecting him in "Curtain Call!" Well written & imaginative!
The Phantom's Muse chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
O.M.G.! I totally love this story! I am so in love with Sirius (And I STILL hope that he's alive!)! This story was so sweet! It made me cry. I don't know why, but when Lily said that there was only one death, I just started bawling! And since everyone is commenting on your other story, I'm totally going to read that one next! Keep up the great work! From now on, I'm going to read this story evertime I need a good cry!
Ja ne,
Siriusly Psychotic
BubblyFizz03 chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Im speechless.
I love this fic. The way you write Sirius is really believable, and you have definately managed to create a haunting, eerie feel to the story. I love the way that he goes back to his childhood - thats a really good idea. But then it all clicks into place when he thinks of Harry.
The story was so sad - especially where Sirius though about Lily's eyes becoming Harry's, because that's what happens when you lose someone and they have a sister or brother or someone who looks like them. You kinda loose touch of who is who, in a way... It made me cry, because you wrote in a way that you can identify to - and you don't often come by a story like that.
I loved the ending, it really does leave you wondering about what comes next, after this life... and all that.
And lastly, what a well thought out title - really fitting. The curtains of the veil are 'calling' to him... and also it's the end of the show for him, so the 'Curtain Call'. I like.
Anyways, im definately going to check out any more stories by you - I like the way you write.
Sara x
(oh, and for someone 'speechless' I think I babbled a bit. Never mind...)
Rugi chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
Wow! I just found this! First I have to ask if you have read "The Great Divorce" because it reminded me of that. I also want to say how much I loved the interaction between Lily and Sirius. You have managed to capture the fierceness and and strength in Lily that we saw in tOotP when she confronted James and Sirius. You also managed to show the brash strength of Sirius that makes him loveable despite his faults.
And after death of course time does not matter so Sirius can spend all the time he wants attempting to accept that he is dead. And I loved the reference to the one noteable exception. Very clever and gentle.
Slytherin Sagittarius chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Oh, Chary! That was a lovely story! (So embarrassing, you made me CRY at WORK and my boss almost caught me!) If you're going to take a break from Beloved, this is the way to do it. What a moving story (and I adore the title!)
Elaine Lahey chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
What a moving story! You have a great talent for writing. I don't really like Sirius but this story was very poignant. Now get back to Beloved on this Earth!
shadowycat chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
You are such a good writer. I am always drawn in immediately and held fast until you're done. Sirius Black is hands down my least favorite HP character...and James and Lily are right behind him, but you really made me feel sorry for both of them...but especially Sirius. He would indeed be as stubborn and as guilt ridden and as foolish as to get caught up in a repeating hell such as this. Very chilling picture of his afterlife experience. :)
Ar-Zimraphel chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Excellent job... I enjoyed in very much.
icemint chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Wow, that's so creepy... and so believable too. I'd never want to end up there. The idea of endless cries from the seagull making Lily think it was Harry scared me. It reminded me of someone at the verge of insanity. And Sirius - when he didn't listen to Lily... Geez, you give me the chills! Great stuff - I really liked it. )