Reviews for The Wedding Present
DiZenchanted chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
That was wonderful! I'd have to say that the beginning was a bit too long with all of the stuff about dresses and corsets. And I am so thankful that you used proper grammer instead of chatspeak! How long has it been since I've read a fic like that? Great work.
just a little wicked chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
HAHA. That was great.
babelfish chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
I have two 'B' words for you, dear Autor: bloody brilliant. I like the idea of Elisabeth favouring a frying pan over a sword and I absolutely adore the idea of her beating Sues over their heads. The beginning seems a little too extended compared to the actual 'action part' but the whole piece still stands up high. Cheers to you )*
Einar chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
Heh heh! Very amusing indeed! Could, possibly, use a smidgen more fleshing out in the first section, but I did enjoy it quite )
YoshiMars chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
Beautiful! Wonderful! Well done! By the gods I needed that...
With all the horrendous fanfiction that I've come across, this was a welcome sight. In fact I'm lucky I ran across it, I've pretty much left the world, too many bad fics and mary sues. Thanks for a much needed breath of fresh air!
By the way... the frying pan was a nice touch, a nice touch indeed.
Millie chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
That was absolutely well-deserved. Lovely! I applause thee! Finally, a story I don't mind reviewing, Elizabeth's revenge!
- and I quote: "That'd make me no better than the Mary Sues, Will. The next thing you know my eyes would be a stunning blue, deeper than the depths of the Caribbean Ocean or something." In disgust she shook her head again. "As if there IS a Caribbean Ocean. Besides, I like the frying pan. Though it's starting to develop a dent in it."
Honestly, what is it with all the Elizabeth-bashing in this pit? What is wrong with the world?
Athena D. Cat chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Muahahahahahahaha! Be gone, sue!
ADC
calledbyname chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Hah! I don't really have any criticism but I'd love to say that as a historical rapier fencer, I LOVE the line about proper research. Excuse me as I cheer.
Life'sBlood chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
*grinning* That was a lovely break after having to research fics in the Pit. You ought to create a sequel.
"Elizabeth smiled, showing her white and very well-maintained teeth. 'I don’t.'"
ScarySue-Punishing!Elizabeth. I think I could get used to that...
FreeSpritSprite chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
It is very good, but liz seems a bit more forgiving then i remember her. Why didn't she hit Will with the frying pan too? Do you mean for her to be this way?
Ghoti-Heads chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
"Wow, that's so great." ::runs like hell::
Seriously, though, damned fine work. Now you get to find out I'm not very good at writing reviews.
Couple of problems with the HTML, or whatever code it is: "I’m the greatest swordsman in the world! I beat Will and Jack..." And: " 'Like they do,' Elizabeth finished, and shook her head..."
It flows very well, isn't too long, and has a happy ending. Thumbs up.
Favorite part: The frying pan to the noggin.