Reviews for There is Always Hope: The Firstborn at Helm's Deep
lotrlover2931 chapter 17 . 11/30/2013
Keep going please it is a really good story. I should be sleeping and it is after midnight but I couldnt stop reading.
TatteredSeraphim chapter 16 . 5/24/2013
How have I not read this before now, even though I've re-read any a time 'Strengths and Weaknesses' (which I hope you continue again at some point)? I've sat all day reading this, my heart in my throat pver the fates of the four brothers in spirit.
I am truly sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. :(
Joban chapter 16 . 1/27/2013
I'm so sorry for what your family is going though. I'll be praying for you. I'm so happy that everyone is back together. I'm all for you writing another war scene :) those are always good! I can't wait for more! Great job on the entire story!
Joban chapter 15 . 1/27/2013
I ant believe it took me 15 chapters until I reviewed! I promise I ment to review after each chapter, this is such a good story I just couldn't stop reading! I loved all the torture in the previous chapters, it sounds evil, but I'm sure you understand. You're a great writer, and when I'm done reading this story I'm gonna go read more of your work. I was reading about when you were running in the woods, and I gotta say I got jealous :( I wish my house was near a forest! I was happy to see that you were still kinda currently writing this story, sorry I'm babbling I'm just trying to get out 15 chapters worth of not reviewing! Ok Im gonna go finish the last chapter now :)))
Lune chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Valar that was...
waow.

And the music...!
I'm speechless. Thank you so much for writing this !

You're so incredible, please, never ever stop writing, ever !

PS: my godfather used to tell me "If you watch the stars and think about someone, he/she will feel the same as you do for a few moments. So if you think at, say, your mom and you're happy, she will be happy too and she'll know you think about her".
I've been watching the stars for you and your grandma the past few weeks.
Guest chapter 16 . 1/5/2013
Valar that was...
waow.

And the music...!
I'm speechless. Thank you so much for writing this !

You're so incredible, please, never ever stop writing, ever !

I've been watching the stars for you and your grandma the past few weeks.
sayu-chan93 chapter 16 . 1/3/2013
just fantastic
Lune chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

I wish you all the best for this new year ! (may it be full of great stories and wonderful adventures on Arda ;-p )

Cheers from France !
Lune chapter 15 . 12/18/2012
sorry for the late review, I had problems with my computer...

Argh this one was great ! (especially the twins part !) Please please please I cant' wait to see how Legolas is faring and how the others will react when they discover he's not dead !

Thanks for the musics too, those are great, both of them ! And listening to them while reading makes the thing so much more... epic somehow. Love it. They just fit the story perfectly.

Regarding Thranduil... well... to me it always seemed logical that Elrond would feel his sons like he does, knowing he's got Vilya and he had a twin brother too, long ago. I guess Thranduil could sense something, but in my mind, not so accurately as Elrond. And I'm sorry but I don't want to see him coming to Legolas's recue.
Let me explain : Thranduil's got a war to fight in Mirkwood, he can't go out in the wild to save his son so easily, even if he wants to do just that, can he ? I think Woodelves know better than the Noldo that they may lose someone in this war, and Thranduil knows that too. Even more so, knowing that Legolas' first aim with the fellowship was Mordor. (That doesn't mean he will not be devastated by his son's death!) So to me, he just can't come to Helm's Deep like that, maybe Legolas could reassure him somehow, maybe they could share a dream or something like that, so that Thranduil doesn't have to come.
I think T. definitely felt something when Legolas died, and when he came back to life. I just don't want to see him coming now. too many elves at Helm's deep already ;-)

Anyway, do as you want, I always love what you do, so I'm not afraid !

*sigh* Now I know I'm going to see elves and Uruks everywhere this day. Again.
Your story is like a drug : makes me see things that are not there, and I'm completely addicted to it.
Thank you so much for writing it !
Portrait of a Scribe chapter 15 . 12/9/2012
Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Secondly, this chapter was excellent. I really liked the depictions of Elladan and Elrohir, and of how they came back from the brink. It was an awesome read, and totally made my day.

Thirdly, I would like to say that HELLS YES Thranduil should show up. He's Legolas' FATHER, and an Elf. He would more likely than not know that something bad had happened to his son, even more so because Legolas actually DIED, and would come to bring Legolas home for burial, or however the Elves care for their slain.

Again, excellent chapter, and I can't wait to see Legolas again. I will pray for your grandma.
Nightrunner144 chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
oh, do whatever you like, but keep updating. mabye you should have Thranduil come, someone tell him about Legolas's death, and then Legolas makes his dramatic entrance. Then half a dozen people faint, loads of people party and something else at the end.

just a suggestion.
sapphire110 chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
awesome chapter!
you should totally bring Thranduil into this story. :)
FallingInABlazeOfLight chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
Bring in Thranny! I need more kickass elves!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 14 . 12/3/2012
Wow, has it really been six years since the last update on this fic? Haha this is making me feel old! (Hey! Long time no see-as far as online seeing goes. I used to go by "BakaBokken" at one point, though that nick is long gone now; I hope you remember me anyway! Hehe.)

You know, I had almost forgotten about this fic, since I don't really have as much free reading time as I used to. (Lol, what is free time? These words don't exist in my vocabulary!) But I happened to check my fannish email tonight and my mind was INSTANTLY BLOWN when I saw updates from you! So of course, I had to take a bit to re-read the older chapters, and as much as I loved the story then... well, your writing over the last couple chapters has been nothing short of *gorgeous*! You've done a fantastic job of weaving the emotional roller coaster our Middle Earth heroes are experiencing throughout. I must say, I'm loving these updates to pieces! :D

I apologize I don't have much more exciting things to say or stories to tell of my reading these chapters, BUT. I really wanted to stop by and say HI! And I'm still loving this! And I'm impressed you're still writing here and doing as marvelous a job as ever! (Though that really shouldn't be too much of a surprise, hehe.) Hopefully I can sneak on again in time to catch the next update, because I really am looking forward to seeing where you take this from here. You rock!
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 14 . 12/3/2012
Review in response to Guest: Elladan can barely feel what is happening to Elrohir because he cut their bond when he tried to sacrifice himself. He can sense things from outside, but no longer experiences it. (Thank God I had an answer to that question; I almost blew it! XD) But yes, now the question is, if they start to reconnect, can they save one or both of them, and should they try to keep Elladan from reuniting with him, or can he be used to save Elrohir by reconnecting with his spirit? You just gave me a PLETHORA of ideas with this. XD

Let it be known that Guest-sama here is responsible for everything that happens to the Els from here on in! Thank them heartily you minions! -