Reviews for There is Always Hope: The Firstborn at Helm's Deep
Zammy chapter 4 . 6/7/2004
Oh no! Please Please Please Please PLEASE UPDATE really really REALLY SOON! I'm begging!
Aubre chapter 2 . 6/6/2004
I'm quite liking this- and I enjoyed Elladen and Elrohir arguing! Very nice job.
Tiannstnocfm chapter 4 . 6/6/2004
I have been waiting a while to review this just because I simply don't know how to say how much I adore this story. I guess I'll just start at the beginning and have a long rambling review. Troy. Orlando. _ I did honestly saw "aww" outloud in the theater. It was just so cute. And yes, it has to be the most different-from-the-book-it-was-based-on movie I have ever seen. And I am totally with you- Death to QuickEdit! I can't do ******* anymore and I hate it! Also, Michigan is sort of far away for a phone call, but would you be interested in IMing me or something? Do you have IM? You are just such an incredible author I'd love to talk to you sometime. As for the story, I just LOVE it. It is one of my top all-time favorites ever. The way you write is just amazing. You use such detail and brilliant angst descriptions, it is just breathtaking. You should definetly get a career as an author someday for you are much better than most published works I've read. I could reread your chapters again and again...and I do. *sniff* Poor twins, I can only imagine how much that has to hurt. And to think I felt sorry for myself when I broke my ankle. I didn't cry but I hated those crutches like nothing else. I mean, a shattered arm? *shudders* 'Ouch', that's all I can say. I sure hope someone does something to help them *soon*, hopefully Aragorn will go into the caves and save Elladan. And I'm awfully curious about Legolas' plan, too. I love the way Aragorn and Legolas care for Elrohir and their desperation at the younger twin's pain. I only wish I could write as well as you. Every new chapter astounds me. I could really spend all day reading this. And Elrohir crying for his father just sent chills down my spine. Not only do you write better than Cassia but I enjoy your story like a hundred times more. I don't know why, exactly, but I just love this story *so* much. Now I will faithfully wait for the next chapter that you so calmly descibed without giving me the slightest bit of worry or...Heck, who am I kidding? You're driving me insane with the waiting! A 'possibly fatal decision'? I'm going to go mad here! Please Please Please update as soon as you can! YOU'RE THE BEST! _
L3g0lsLuv3r chapter 4 . 6/4/2004
OMG, this is SO good! Poor twins! Agh! What're they going to DO? Owie! Don't leave us hanging like that! More soon, please!
whiteswan chapter 4 . 6/1/2004
You and your damn cliffhangers!

Another excellent chapter. Painful as it is for the two, I like how you show the bond between Elladan and Elrohir. It goes beyond the usual theory of twins being able to practically read each other's minds and takes it to a whole new level. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Please update soon!
Lisseyelen aka Lady V chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Wow, um, I'm very impressed. This is *really* good. It definitely goes on the favorite stories list. *feels put to shame*

And you have, like, proper grammer and you're all mature about it and everything and manage to put translations in without having to add them in later...

*feels two inches tall*

I'll read the rest later, I promise, but I've got finals reviews and homework from my stupid evil Devil-incarnate French teacher who has decided to teach us a whole new verb tense the fricking last day we've got before we take the final...

But now I'm rambling. Very good story. I love it! *feels all sad and stuff after reading it* Absolutely wonderful!

And I love the plot. Angsty. Yummy.

Ta!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 4 . 5/31/2004
Am I really the first person to review this chapter? Wowzas! _ Well, I should probably comment on the chapter first. Hehe... Well, yes, you did live up to my expectations! ::grimaces:: OUCH. BIG OUCH. Yeah. So you didn't add humor? Well, I see why! I don't think it would've fit anywhere this time. Great chapter (hehe, even though I had a 'sneak peek' _), and ::squeaks:: don't let Elladan/Elrohir die! WAH! Well, I guess I'll e-mail you later, but right now, I'm back to homework _ Thanks for a great break! Hahaha...

Jaa!

BakaBokken (bwahahaha... who isn't really all that cool... no, seriously)
Tiannstnocfm chapter 3 . 5/15/2004
Another chapter, as I said before, definitely as good or better than Cassia's. I personally, enjoy your writing much more. It's exactly what I like and wish I could write. An assassination club sounds very intriguing _ But, nope, unfortunately I do not live in Georgia. Michigan, actually. Only about half the country away, lol. Too bad, though, I'd love to meet you, you're such a brilliant writer. And yep, that communication thing was funny while believable, which is impressive. A lot of people try to be funny too hard and it just comes out dumb. And yes, character torture is extremely fun. As for the ankle, I was in soccer practice, had the ball and was running for the goal, and my best friend the defender ran into me like we always do, trying to take the ball, except when I fell I landed on my ankle and chipped the bone. I didn't cry though and assured her it was okay, just a sprain, as I limped off the field… Three days later it was still gigantically swollen so I went to the hospital and found it was broken. I’m off crutches now and played in the game today, though I think I made it worse. I still limp everywhere...Yeah, I do get a lot more time to read though, one of the few perks. As for the story, poor Elladan and Elrohir! Evil orcs...Good idea to bite his wrist, but sounds so painful! I LOVED that "I love you, little brother!" *melt* that has to be the cutest thing I've ever read! And dogpiles! Hehe, I'm calling them that from now on, lol! I have to get offline so I hope I'm not missing any more comments I meant to add, but I too loved Van Helsing! I couldn't believe David Wenham/Faramir was in it! Anyway, this is one of my all time favorite stories! You are so AWESOME! _ (I soo can't wait for the next chapter...)
whiteswan chapter 3 . 5/13/2004
another great chapter. I like the teasing between Elrohir and Legolas. Nice bit of comedy relief. Please update soon
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 3 . 5/12/2004
Lol! I read your note to me and I burst out laughing! Muahahaha... oh, and college sneaks up a lot faster than you realize, de gozaru...
Anyway! I'm supposed to be reviewing the chapter! It was quite good, as usual, yada, yada, yada... Keep up the excellent work, and I love how you are so easily able to mix humor and angst up so well! ::Sighs:: This is really getting interesting _
I'll probably e-mail you soon, since I'm kind of bored and don't really feel like studying for my midterm just yet. _ Heh, cool? Naw, not me... _
Jaa!
BakaBokken (whose pen name is also a curse? LOL!)
Shaolin 10 chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
YOU HAVE TO UPDATE THIS! Also you need to update Rended 2: Ishin's Travels and Forgive Me. PLEASE!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 2 . 4/27/2004
Keh, who cares if it's OOC? You're the author(ess), you can do what you darned well please! _ Just as engaging as the first chapter! You are truly amazing at what you do! I love the Elvish, too (when I first saw LOTR:FOTR, I wanted to learn Elvish but never got around to it _ ) Anyway, I should stop here before I scare you, and I look forward to more! Once again, you've got me absolutely hooked on your story. I envy your talent _
BakaBokken
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
OMG! This is AMAZING so far! This is the first LOTR fanfic I've read as of yet, and I'm really enjoying it! I'll be reading the next chapter shortly... well, probably right now...
Oh, and I'm gonna gripe at you too. What happened to Rended 2 and Heal? Rended is one of my absolute faves, Rended 2 was on the way there! And I've been hooked on Heal too! Harumph. Well, keep up the fantastic work, and good luck with homeschooling! (I know how tough it can be to keep up sometimes- I used to be homeschooled, too! _) Can't wait to read the next chapter _
BakaBokken
Zammy chapter 2 . 4/21/2004
Please update soon!
Isarandel chapter 3 . 4/20/2004
nice, great story. continue writing
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »