Reviews for There is Always Hope: The Firstborn at Helm's Deep
sayu-chan93 chapter 16 . 1/3/2013
just fantastic
Lune chapter 15 . 1/1/2013

I wish you all the best for this new year ! (may it be full of great stories and wonderful adventures on Arda ;-p )

Cheers from France !
Lune chapter 15 . 12/18/2012
sorry for the late review, I had problems with my computer...

Argh this one was great ! (especially the twins part !) Please please please I cant' wait to see how Legolas is faring and how the others will react when they discover he's not dead !

Thanks for the musics too, those are great, both of them ! And listening to them while reading makes the thing so much more... epic somehow. Love it. They just fit the story perfectly.

Regarding Thranduil... well... to me it always seemed logical that Elrond would feel his sons like he does, knowing he's got Vilya and he had a twin brother too, long ago. I guess Thranduil could sense something, but in my mind, not so accurately as Elrond. And I'm sorry but I don't want to see him coming to Legolas's recue.
Let me explain : Thranduil's got a war to fight in Mirkwood, he can't go out in the wild to save his son so easily, even if he wants to do just that, can he ? I think Woodelves know better than the Noldo that they may lose someone in this war, and Thranduil knows that too. Even more so, knowing that Legolas' first aim with the fellowship was Mordor. (That doesn't mean he will not be devastated by his son's death!) So to me, he just can't come to Helm's Deep like that, maybe Legolas could reassure him somehow, maybe they could share a dream or something like that, so that Thranduil doesn't have to come.
I think T. definitely felt something when Legolas died, and when he came back to life. I just don't want to see him coming now. too many elves at Helm's deep already ;-)

Anyway, do as you want, I always love what you do, so I'm not afraid !

*sigh* Now I know I'm going to see elves and Uruks everywhere this day. Again.
Your story is like a drug : makes me see things that are not there, and I'm completely addicted to it.
Thank you so much for writing it !
Portrait of a Scribe chapter 15 . 12/9/2012
Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Secondly, this chapter was excellent. I really liked the depictions of Elladan and Elrohir, and of how they came back from the brink. It was an awesome read, and totally made my day.

Thirdly, I would like to say that HELLS YES Thranduil should show up. He's Legolas' FATHER, and an Elf. He would more likely than not know that something bad had happened to his son, even more so because Legolas actually DIED, and would come to bring Legolas home for burial, or however the Elves care for their slain.

Again, excellent chapter, and I can't wait to see Legolas again. I will pray for your grandma.
Nightrunner144 chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
oh, do whatever you like, but keep updating. mabye you should have Thranduil come, someone tell him about Legolas's death, and then Legolas makes his dramatic entrance. Then half a dozen people faint, loads of people party and something else at the end.

just a suggestion.
sapphire110 chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
awesome chapter!
you should totally bring Thranduil into this story. :)
FallingInABlazeOfLight chapter 15 . 12/8/2012
Bring in Thranny! I need more kickass elves!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 14 . 12/3/2012
Wow, has it really been six years since the last update on this fic? Haha this is making me feel old! (Hey! Long time no see-as far as online seeing goes. I used to go by "BakaBokken" at one point, though that nick is long gone now; I hope you remember me anyway! Hehe.)

You know, I had almost forgotten about this fic, since I don't really have as much free reading time as I used to. (Lol, what is free time? These words don't exist in my vocabulary!) But I happened to check my fannish email tonight and my mind was INSTANTLY BLOWN when I saw updates from you! So of course, I had to take a bit to re-read the older chapters, and as much as I loved the story then... well, your writing over the last couple chapters has been nothing short of *gorgeous*! You've done a fantastic job of weaving the emotional roller coaster our Middle Earth heroes are experiencing throughout. I must say, I'm loving these updates to pieces! :D

I apologize I don't have much more exciting things to say or stories to tell of my reading these chapters, BUT. I really wanted to stop by and say HI! And I'm still loving this! And I'm impressed you're still writing here and doing as marvelous a job as ever! (Though that really shouldn't be too much of a surprise, hehe.) Hopefully I can sneak on again in time to catch the next update, because I really am looking forward to seeing where you take this from here. You rock!
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 14 . 12/3/2012
Review in response to Guest: Elladan can barely feel what is happening to Elrohir because he cut their bond when he tried to sacrifice himself. He can sense things from outside, but no longer experiences it. (Thank God I had an answer to that question; I almost blew it! XD) But yes, now the question is, if they start to reconnect, can they save one or both of them, and should they try to keep Elladan from reuniting with him, or can he be used to save Elrohir by reconnecting with his spirit? You just gave me a PLETHORA of ideas with this. XD

Let it be known that Guest-sama here is responsible for everything that happens to the Els from here on in! Thank them heartily you minions! -
Guest chapter 13 . 12/3/2012
love it ! love it ! love it !

just one thing : if Elrohir is bleeding to death, why is'nt Elladan ?
Guest chapter 14 . 12/2/2012
argh that was epic ! The music too. Very good idea you had here, making us listen to it before reading.

Still loving it. I once again find myself shivering as if I had seen it all happen right before me. How do you do that ?!
I can't wait for the update, i just can't. Please please please don't let us wait too long !
And if you need anything to motivate you, just know that you're not the only one seeing elves and eagles at war while eating your breakfast or having a simple walk outside. I won't be able to listen to anything at uni this week...
Portrait of a Scribe chapter 14 . 12/1/2012
OH, MY GOSH, YOU UPDATED! *does a 20-minute happy dance* Have I ever told you how awesome you are? I don't know if you remember me; I read this story back in 2005-2007 under the penname GundamWingFanatic90... I loved it then, and I love it now! Wonderful, wonderful Emiri-chan! And congratulations on being a mom! Wow! Time really flies. (So hitch a ride with Gwaihir and catch it, right?) You're totally right about the whole Fellowship Brotherhood thing. I know exactly what you mean!
FallingInABlazeOfLight chapter 14 . 11/30/2012
Ireland Ranger chapter 13 . 11/27/2012
FallingInABlazeOfLight chapter 13 . 11/27/2012
ARGH! You stopped at the most dramatic part!
192 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »