Reviews for Harry Potter and the Marcello School
G Fawkes chapter 6 . 10/4/2011
Having already deleted one review, trying to play nice, I can't believe that two chapters later I'm frustrated enough to writing this! (from ch6 of this fic... " A couple of muggles, Harry's neighbours, were killed by the Avada Kadavra curse." spoken BY DUMBLEDORE ) ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Dumbledore is one of two people in the whole JKR universe, canon or not, that may claim to MAYBE be the most powerful wizard alive. Of those two he is the oldest, presumably the most intellectually mature, definitely the most educated, and he is NOT an insane, psycopathic cult leader or mass murderering, wanna-be holocaust Grand Poo-bah. That established, wouldn't you think he could have mastered most known spells, their uses, incantations, wand movements, silent casting, and possibly wand-less techniques, AS WELL AS have a really good idea how to teach all of the aformentioned skills, given his 100 years or so as a teacher and administrator, along with being Chief Warlock and Supreme Mugwump? OK, stay with me, here... The 'killing curse', one of the unforgiveables, requires the incantation, audibly or silent, "avada kadavra". Everyone agrees, right? A 'stunner' uses the word "stupefy", as does a memory charm ( or obliviation) uses "obliviate". "Crucio" for the cruciatus, "reducto" for a 'reductor' curse, and the list goes on and on. I'll spare you the entire list, you can look them up. ( No, really, I'm begging you, PLEASE look them up ) Here's the intersection where all the nice things we think of Dumbledore crosses my personal 'fan fic pet peeve number one'. Dumbledore DID NOT say anyone was killed by an 'avada kadavra' curse, I don't care WHO'S alternate universe you are living in. My only possible reasoning, and I am book-snob enough to not accept the argument, is that all of the people that don't know the difference between the spell's name, and the incantation to perform it, MUST only be watching the movies, and never even opening the books. You might as well have Ron's broken wand from second year, or Neville's broken nose from year five, for all the good it would do to run around shouting "stun, stun, stun" or "cutting curse, uh... big explosion hex, uh... tie 'em up in ropes!" ( that would be 'diffindo', 'bombarda', and 'incarcerous' for those playing at home) Please, please, please care enough to not embarrass yourself with the vocabulary, especially when all the other writing skills seem to be there, AND the story is pretty cool, too!
casanle chapter 54 . 9/30/2011
Incredible story! Great job! I loved it!
Impstar chapter 54 . 9/10/2011
An impressive end to an impressive story. Thanks for writing this. I really enjoyed the reading. None of the concepts here are unique, but they are well done.
Espied7 chapter 54 . 9/8/2011
AWESOME story.
Long time reader chapter 55 . 9/3/2011
I read this fic a long time ago and would hate to see you lose it if someone reports that you have an author note in place of a chapter.

Take care.
Dmp chapter 55 . 8/26/2011
Awesome story. Thanks!
David M. Potter chapter 34 . 8/25/2011
Very brilliant story!
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 55 . 8/22/2011
Thank you for a very entertaining story.
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 49 . 8/22/2011
Man! You're good!
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 44 . 8/22/2011
Curing Remus made up for you killing Kat. All is well.
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 39 . 8/22/2011
Stupid Harry. By turning his back from someone who wanted to hurt him, he lost another loved one.
Red Death chapter 34 . 8/17/2011
Remove all review responses as soon as possible. They're banned by FFNet, and are grounds for immediate fic deletion.
agouraki chapter 17 . 8/12/2011
Wow i thin its the first time ever i read a dumbledore that wants to stop the search? very nice and unexpected.
agouraki chapter 11 . 8/12/2011
Now is see why this fic didnt have the success you expected its caus in the school there is no originality from what i see its just a more advanced hogwarts.

Now if you have made it slash it would be a nail to the coffin for me,also a only boy school is a bad idea.

The start was pretty good thought and snape was believable .
ThomasNealy chapter 54 . 8/12/2011
I loved this story. Any chance in getting a maybe a one shot of what is happening with harry a few years down the road?
1,618 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »