Reviews for Harry Potter and the Marcello School
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 7/5
At this point, even after the duel, it is clear that the Doyen sees Harry as a successor, at least when it comes to mastering the Elements. He also seems impressed that the small group of kids have become friends and are training together. Both of these things seem sure to increase Orson's hostility to Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 7/5
There is something not right about Orson. What kind of Master goads one student into killing another? It makes me wonder ... I questioned earlier whether Orson was afraid Harry might potentially supplant him. Is it possible that he feared Tocho might be a threat and wanted him taken out?

Or perhaps Orson is jealous of Harry, because Harry has received "gifts," or special abilities, from the Doyen. Does this mean the Doyen sees Orson as unworthy of those gifts?
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 7/5
I think it was better that he not be seen. It gives them hope that he may sometimes be near, watching over them.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 7/5
I thought Harry wasn't supposed to leave. The fact that it is Halloween is also not great, as something terrible usually happens on that day.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 7/5
Why do I feel Kat's dad wouldn't be all that impressed with Harry's Dance of Death? I'm curious ... Does he see Harry as some kind of usurper who wants to supplant him?
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 7/5
You must like Ron a lot better than other authors. He's far more mature and much less whiny than the Rons I'm used to seeing ... maybe even better than canon Ron. This one probably wouldn't abandon Harry and Hermione in the middle of the Horcrux hunt ... At least, I don't think so.
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 7/5
Harry does like to live dangerously.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 7/5
Malfoy is - well, I was going to say a snake, but that's an insult to snakes. I guess I could say he is a little wad of excrement on the sidewalk of life. Too bad he can't be used as one of Voldy's "object lessons."
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 7/5
Well, that was interesting ... Hermione channeling Harry? If she tells Dumbledore of her dream or vision, and mentions the name of the book Harry was holding, will he understand and figure out where Harry is?

Ron seems to have undergone a transformation of sorts. All of a sudden, he is no longer blaming Harry for his troubles. Could he be growing up at long last? Or will things change again soon?
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 7/5
No wonder some of the students there are considering joining Voldemort. They obviously aren't aware that their "master" acts rather like him.

Is abuse really worthwhile training? What would happen if Harry just left?
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 7/5
Sorry about the last review. I must have accidentally brushed against the "post" button on my iPad. Anyway ...

As I was saying (I think), perhaps Harry realizes deep down that he will never receive the training he needs at Hogwarts ... possibly because Dumbledore believes he is required to die in order to fulfill the prophecy, although I doubt Harry realizes THAT. It's just that DD has been extraordinarily careless with Harry's life - and the lives of hundreds of children - with his inept DADA teachers. How many of the last 10 years worth of kids are competent fighters? The DA group and any others who had Remus are probably the only ones with even minor defensive training. Unacceptable!

So the headaches and visions are continuing. Based on Harry's ability to send that note, I think it's looking more like he truly did "Phoenix flash" himself and the DEs out of Privet Drive, as well as flashing himself and Snape out of Riddle's lair. Will this Phoenix ability mean his training takes a different course than it normally would?
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 7/5
"... I think the fitness thing would probably throw her. I imagine that would be more Ron's forté." Odd ... I tend to think of Ron as lazy and undisciplined, both physically and intellectually, apart from Quidditch and chess.

Interesting about Harry's Phoenix form. Is that what he did with the DEs? Did he "flash" rather than apparated them from Privet Drive? Did he "flash" Snape to Hogwarts?

Another question: Why did Harry wind up at Marcello? If he was apparating, did he "deliberate" on a "destination" where he could be healed and receive proper training? Perhaps he realizes that he will never truly receive any real training at Hogwarts. After all, Dumbledore has had five years and has taught Harry nothing. The only teachers who have taught them anything really useful are Remus ... and Harry himself, in the DA. Barty Jr. taught the kids a few things, but he was a DE
FwooshEye chapter 54 . 5/18
It was a very good story, well done!
AnAddictedReader chapter 21 . 3/7
Interesting. I feel like you're taking parts of a story I've read a long time ago. In there, Harry was alone in a new place similar to Marcello and and also despised by his combat instructor. He was also given similar duties too and I'm going to guess that the people he is rooming with will also hate him in the next chapter.
Jazzysauce chapter 53 . 2/26
I just finished reading this for the second time, and it only got better. It was the first story I ever read on fanfiction, and to be honest, it set the bar too high for many other fics to even hope to compete against. And now that I've read it again, I discovered a few connections that I didn't understand the first time. I still only have one suggestion- look over your chapters again and edit them. There are a few mistakes with sentence structure that could be fixed. This is still by far better than JK's ending by the way.
1,591 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »