Reviews for Calamity's Breach
Original-Character-Disorder chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
WOOT! I found this story finally XD
elena00dgmpkm chapter 41 . 9/25/2010
For the past few weeks I've been using any and all spare time I've had to read this very long fic. Now i'm extremely sad to see that it has not been updated for quite some time...almost two years to be exact. I kinda think i'm gonna cry. I have never enjoyed any kind of writing this much, in my life. The words you use to tell of their feelings really just gets to me. It's inspired me to write a Rin/Kohaku fic of my own now, if i ever get the time. But lets not talk about me. there's so much I want to tell you right now but i don't quite know how. I can't possibly let you know how much this fic means to me with words. It sounds really stupid but every day for the past almost month now, I've only looked forward to coming home and reading this. I don't even care how lame it sounds but its true. I'm in love with this story. Which is why it's almost killing me to think i won't see the ending. I can completly understand why you haven't updated. Life comes in the way at times and that's alright. I'm not angry with you or something. I'm just sad is all. It's not really your fault though. Even if i never know the end, it won't even matter because the story just really spoke to me. There are a lot of themes and idea in this story that really relate to my own feelings on things. There have been times I was reading this and I actually cried. It sounds so stupid but i just want you to know how much this story effected me at times. Whether it was laughing like crazy from your amazing comedy, crying from my own pain intertwined in the words you used on the characters, or getting that feeling in the pit of your stomach when something amazing happens because Kohaku and Rin really got to me.

Let me explain a little about myself. I'm 16 and in the 11th grade. Far off from you now. I'm in the hardest year of my high school classes and homework takes me at least 5 hours a night. I also have a job that I roughly work 4 hours a night and then come home to do homework. Coming home to this fic has somehow made a huge differece. It's made me want to almost work harder just to get a chance to read it. I don't really know why it's been so influencial to me as of late but it just has. I strive to be a writer one day and I can only hope to one day be as good as you are. The way you can manipulate the english language to sound so amazing just baffles me. If you ever publish a book i demand that you pm me somehow (if you ever read tihs lowly review) and tell me it's title and your name so i can go out and buy it as soon as possible. And then show every one of my freinds and tell them that they must read any and everythiyng you've ever written just because. xD No but really your an amazing writer.

I should probably actually talk about that fic now shouldn't I? Okay so I love what you've done with the characters in respect to them growing up. They are so IC its not even funny. You talked about how it was hard to write scenes (such as Sesshomaru getting over Rin growing up) but i feel like if you ever did get into Sesshomaru's head in the show or manga, that's exactly how it would sound. You have really gotten into their heads and portrayed them perfectly in my opinion. I don't think even the writer of Inuyasha could do it as well as you can. xD And the plot is amazing too. Everything makes sense. Everything comes back into play and is important. All the little things always come back. And the story itself might be long but it is in no way drawn out like most long stories can get. Nothing was useless and it all made sense and fit perfectly. And honestly I love how slow the ride has been. Kohaku and Rin didn't even meet for awhile and she liked Shippo at first. Some people wouldn't like that but I loved the way you made it realistic. It wasn't like she kept saying "Everything was fine...but something was missing" Like in a lot of cliche love stories. Rin didn't think about Kohaku until she saw him. And even then they became freinds very slowly. Like I can almost feel their relationship. It wasn't like I just read a paragraph that said "In those couple of days in the village, they got closer." And then suddenly they're best friends. Like you actually showed them getting closer. YOu get a real feel for their relationship. I completely understand it and can relate to it with everything from them going fishing to them playing cards and i-spy. Like it's the silly things that make them. Becuase Rin is much like those game. Silly but meaningful in the long run. And then the way her singing and his fighting really made an impact on eachother. It's funny because fighting is what symbolises Kohaku at this point. And Rin's singing really shows her innocent and sweet nature. So it was almost like they were really saying how much they were captivated by eachother, and not just the song or the wood cutting. The symbolism is amazing.

And all the other character are in it and it's from everyones points of veiw too. Like you learn about inuyasha and kagome and their problems as well at miroku and sango, and sesshomaru and kagura. You really get a feel for the characters. And even your original characters! I absolutely love keikai. She is like ony of my favorite characters in this. I love how attachted she grew to Rin. And I even find myself seeing things from Dezaia's point of veiw, even though i still can't completely understand it, of course. I feel so bad for Jogon though if he wasn't in on it. D: I mean he was tortured for nothing. and stupid kajuu makes me wanna punch a baby. I mean he acts like he cares about Rin but Rin was rgiht when she was talking about Dezaia. You wouldn't do that to someone you care about. So Kajuu wouldn't have put her in any danger if he really cared about her. He's selfish. Even if he's broken because of his realization about human and demon kind, it doesn't make any of it right.

Okay, so i think this long reveiw is going to end soon. I just wanted you to understand how much this story meant to me and how much i really hope you at least read this review. Even if you don't have the time to update again ever, I at least hope you see this review and at least then you'll know you've made some kind of differece. I want you to know how much I loved reading this every day. I don't know what I"m going to do with myself now. I guess just wonder how it's going to end. I feel like it's been ripped from my hands. This fic that is. It's really sad. I'm not trying to blame you or anything though since I understand but it still sucks, you know? But it can't be helped. I hope your happy in whatever youe doing and if you read this I hope it makes you happy. If you read this, do you think there is a chance you could possible pm me and maybe I could at least get some closure about this? Tell me if you ever intend on finishing it or if your done. At least then I can know for sure. I know two years is a long time and you may not even remember this story as well or what you were planning on doing for the end. But if you somehow do and you want to write more of it, just let me know so that way i can look forward to it, whenever it may come. I just wanna thank you for writing this amazing fic and really making my, well, last month i suppose it's been now. Again, I hope your well and you have published some kind of book by now. :P I think you deffinitly have the ability to do it.

Your huuuuuge fan,

Elena
Valky chapter 41 . 3/27/2010
Wow ! Great story and great work too! :) I can't wait to read the next chapter !
Baxter54132 chapter 41 . 12/30/2009
I like your story! It took me forevor to read the whole thing but it was definitly worth it, I can't wait to read the finale
Sonia120462 chapter 41 . 9/27/2009
rele good! i love rin & sess as fatherXdaughter...super cute! kohaku's characterized very well...along w/ just abt every character...update soon!
Noel Rosarys Lake chapter 41 . 9/17/2009
Jesus christ...this took me a total of two and a half days to read...and you're not even done with it...Well, hope its done soon. Can't wait for the next chappie. Don't let college murder you.
Rickmer chapter 41 . 7/21/2009
Very good story.

Hope you'll update again. It's been a while.
Agrafie chapter 41 . 5/18/2009
Geo I feel like we go way back. In an 'I've been stalking you but don't be scared' kind of way. I found this story around 4 years ago and have been checking up on it ever since. I've actually read it twice to refresh everything.

Though I love Rin and Kohaku I didn't come to this story for them. I'm actually a Sesshoumaru/Kagura fan and when I found this I fell ass-backwards into the best, most realistic portrayal of the couple I have ever had the pleasure of reading. And that still holds to this day. Your Rin/Kohaku story makes for a better Kagura/Sess than all of the Kagura/Sess stories on this website. But enough about them.

I have become emotionally invested in all of your characters and I think Rin and Kohaku's relationship is so sweet and chasted. I am as interested in finding out what happens between them as I am in finding out what happens between Kagura and Sesshoumaru. I still don't know how I feel about Shippo as a sex-driven fool though. But I keep reminding myself that he is a hormonal teenage boy. It's hard when you see your babies grow up I guess.

-MANGA SPOILER ALERT-

I don't know if you have read or finished the manga but it is uncanny how close some of your storylines have come to Rumiko's. And that was before she even wrote them!

Like with Rin staying at the village under Kaede's tutelage and Kagome going back to her time and being miserable. And how Inuyasha acted without Kagome was so heart-wrenchingly similar!

It goes to show how in tune you are with the characters when the original work mirrors your own. Rumiko could have definitely taken a lesson from you on how to deal with Kagura. Too bad.

-END OF SPOILER-

I want to thank you for taking us on this action-packed adventure with you and I look forward to seeing how you wrap it up. I wish you all of the luck in the world as you retire from FF.
lauren chapter 41 . 4/20/2009
I had followed this story when you started it, but I have been away from this fandom for awhile. Since about when chapter 30 was submitted. I am glad to see i was right about kajuu, i knew it was him since the whole discovering dezaia incident and immediate imprisonment of jogon. I hope you will finish it soon, i can't wait to see how it ends.
FallenAngelsFeelNoLove chapter 41 . 12/4/2008
Amazing story! I really love it! I can't wait till the next 3 (THREE! YAY!) chapters!

please update soon! )

BTW: I'll tell some of my friends to read it! yayz! D
Destatikai chapter 41 . 11/4/2008
Wowza, that was a lonngg chapter, haha. So much was revealed! When Rin was thinking about all those questions, I myself could feel a headache come on...

I loved Kouga's appearance! He's a nice bit of relief from the intense plot unraveling. Sesshoumaru's thoughts are refreshing, too.

I can't wait to read the conclusion!
starlight15 chapter 41 . 10/25/2008
Holy Christ. You really know how to spin one hell of a story. Just when I thought I had the whole assassin thing figured out, you go and throw something like that at me. I never though Kajuu would be so heartless, murdering Mamoru like he did after she killed Keikai, yet so weary and kind, comforting and telling Rin what he knew. I feel so sorry for Rin. She's stuck in the in-betweens of so many places and people, human and youkai.

*Snickers* Wolves reproduce as rapidly as rabbits it seems. I say Ayame should just leave the kids in Kouga's care for a couple weeks and sees how many more kids he'd want after that.

You've crafted Keikai into such a strong character. Rin really is her greatest strength and weakness. She cheats death to fight to be with Rin again. And Kohaku - you don't find many guys as devoted and determined as him. You can really start seeing his need for Rin here: his promise is so sincere and personal, I feel like an intruder just reading it.

Gimon! He was a slimy creature when you first introduced him, but never in a million years would I think he'd have that in him. He's ruthless and will obviously stop at nothing to achieve his goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed Kajuu and Sesshomaru in the end to gain and keep his objective. He would probably kill Rin too just because she's a despicable human who managed to get under Sesshomaru's skin. Funny the things people do to gain the upper hand. It all leads back to death.

I feel kind of sorry for Kajuu. It's obvious he has a certain amount of affection for Rin, and he's scared of his uncertain future. It makes me wonder why he thought Gimon would be the answer to his problems though. I'm sure Sesshomaru would've done a better job at handling the situation than Ginom; but I suppose the temptation and power guns hold would sway him a little as well.

As sweet as it is, seeing Rin want Kohaku to come rescue her, I hope she gets a little action herself. The main reason why I started hating the anime and, consequently, Kagome was because she never really rescued herself. She always waited for Inuyasha to come sweep her off her feet. Rin's a strong character, stronger than Kagome in my opinion. I hope she does some damage later on. You'd have to pick some things up, living under Sesshomaru's and Kagura's wing.

I feel a lot of pity at Dezaia now, now that another viewpoint has opened on the situation. He obviously loved Rin, which was dooming unto itself, but to be killed because of an incident which he couldn't prevent... It screams 'tool' all over.

The line "Gimon grinning at her like some sort of maddened beast and Kajuu a broken puppet whose strings had been cut" was so vivid I actually saw them in my mind the way you described them. I could see why it would be hard for Rin to keep a cool head in a scenario like that, especially since she thinks Keikai is dead.

Kouga, a wolf prince, Sesshomaru, a dog youkai lord, Kohaku, a taijiya, Shippo, a fox youkai, and Souten, a Thunder Queen, makes a very fearsome rescue party, even against Gimon, Kajuu, and who knows how many assassins.

I really hope Kohaku and Rin get their own kind of 'happily ever after'. After all they've been through, individually and together, they deserve some kind of peace and happiness with each other.

(Question: Why didn't Kohaku take Jinsoku instead of AhUn?)

Fantastic chapter. I really can't wait to see how you wrap this up, though I hope you'll start another fic (Kohaku/Rin!) soon. I love your stories and writing :)

-Kat
Raniatlw chapter 41 . 10/24/2008
Wow! What an awesome chapter! Really action packed! And now I definitely can't wait for the next chapter. I really want to know what happens next. I can't wait for the reunion scene between Rin and Kohaku, cause you know thats going to be good! Anyways update as soon as you can. Hopefully, really soon.
nessie6 chapter 41 . 10/22/2008
Well, no fight scenes but a lot of things still happened! Wow, Kajuu just turned around and killed his lover/admirer/whatevershewas. That's freaking cold. But I'm glad he's actually sort of protecting Rin, that makes me feel better :) I'm glad that Keikai has a chance to live! I'd be very sad if she died, and I'm sure Rin would be heartbroken!

Now see, last chapter I thought Sess was shouting for Kagura so she could provide him with some transportation, lol. But I guess leaving her in charge of the castle WOULD make more sense...really, who ELSE would he trust? Especially since it turns out Kajuu is a traitor. And Kagura could hold her own...she's awesome like that. So yeah, had a slight inkling of fear she MIGHT be a traitor (despite evidence to the contrary) so now that that's all cleared up, I can breath easy. Whew!

Loved, loved, LOVED Kohaku's little reflection on Rin. Dammit, why can't he just admit to HIMSELF that he loves her? He thinks of everything else but the word 'love'. Bah, I guess "Because a future without Rin wasn't a future at all" will suffice for now.

Anyways, practically squealed when I saw the alert. Glad my roommate was at class, or I'd have explaining to do...I suppose it'd be way too much to ask for the rest of the chapters to be just as epic-ly long? :) ...Yeah I guess it would. And hey, two months is better than two YEARS...I still remember the pain...I must've reread this like 3 times during that time.

Update asap!

nessie
Darksouled Saiyanphoenix chapter 41 . 10/21/2008
wow that was a really long chapter but it was awesome and covered practically everything that i wanted to know and wow them being after rin that was a bit unexpected but i am just loving this story so much i will be sad when it is over but i know it will be good so thank you
609 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »