Reviews for Ranma, A different path taken
Angry-Sama chapter 20 . 12/9/2023
Yep I'm done. I greatly enjoyed your story, but when you went with Akane the worthless bully of he sisters you ruined it. Kasumi is my preference but I would have settled for Nabiki.

But nope you stuck us with the worthless hammer girl.
Angry-Sama chapter 19 . 12/9/2023
And crap, I preferred Kasumi.
The Fox Sage chapter 19 . 8/16/2022
yeah honestly fuck kasumi,shes a prude in every incarnation and id rather not see this impish love hexagon eith the tendo sisters
The Fox Sage chapter 18 . 8/16/2022
stop doung that dumbass he said she replied with no text shit
The Fox Sage chapter 17 . 8/15/2022
ok 17 people can randomly speak chinese,it makes sense for ranma and tyoga but noone else really
The Fox Sage chapter 16 . 8/15/2022
ok this is getting weird
The Fox Sage chapter 12 . 8/15/2022
yeah before they get so close as friends we probably should have seen a few more chapters of interactions or some summary for a short few month timskip explaining them growing to best friend closeness
The Fox Sage chapter 11 . 8/15/2022
this is paced rather poorly even if its conceptually sound and nice
The Fox Sage chapter 3 . 8/15/2022
nice
Anonymous chapter 63 . 5/21/2020
Can you continue please.
FireInLife chapter 1 . 1/22/2018
I know you said Ranma would be out of character, but this...he is too flat and doesn't have depth. And he's too...perfect, in a way. Like he can do nothing wrong. The few times he is feeling down makes up for it a bit, but they also seem unbelievable and kind of came out of nowhere. Like you want his character to have problems and not be a complete Gary-Stu, but it was written in an unreasonable way (as if you forced him into different emotional states).

And despite saying he would be OOC and more respectful towards women due to having more experiences, you still have him disrespect Akane. They are both martial artists after all, and by refusing to fight back you made it seem like Ranma thought Akane wasn't a real martial artist. If Ranma didn't want to fight people weaker than him, sure, even if it would make him look like an overconfident jerk. But at least he wouldn't treat Akane like she wasn't a real martial artist because she was female. Maybe that was intentional, maybe not, but since you said he would be different, I expected different. And if this is what you consider different, well, I probably won't like the rest of the story.

And the other characters have such flat reactions as well. It was like you were daydreaming how you wanted people to react, not how you think they would actually act. I just felt like they had no emotion behind them. Robots trying to mimic emotions basically.

Maybe those complaints get better in the future. But then I skip ahead to the last few chapters and see that you're trying to get Konatsu to be a guy. I guess your version of Konatsu had childhood trauma and was forced to think he was a girl, but that's not how it came out. I see Ryouga tactlessly shattering his identity and manipulating/blackmailing him into "learning to be a guy" so he could be with Lime. As if it would be any easier to reverse a whole childhood of socialization and learned behaviors. As if the curse would be a problem for him. After all, why not let him choose what he wants? It's not like it would prevent him from learning to be a guy (which is pretty stupid imo, since you don't learn how to be a guy), while also giving him options. He'd still have the option to pursue Lime, even assuming Lime is straight. If deep down he wants to be a guy, he still has that option as much as Ranma and Ryouga do. And if she decides that she is more comfortable as a girl, then there we go. And I'm sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth, but I also kind of get the feeling it was homophobic. Like, "girls can't like girls, konatsu likes girls, therefor he can't be a girl". That's my impression anyways

Idk, given how you treated that situation, and how the first chapter went, I don't think I'm going to continue reading this story. Especially since it seems like there are no updates. I admit I only found it because an author I like had favorited it, but...meh.

And no offensive, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a 52 year old guy writing in a story like Ranma 1/2 when it comes to gendered stuff like this. Normally I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but chapters 1 and 62 just made your age and sex the final nail in the coffin. Called me biased. I just don't think you have the experience to do justice for topics like gender and being female.

But hey, it seems like I'm just one of very few who disliked the story, so maybe I was just the wrong target audience or too picky or something. And it's still better than anything I could do, because I suck at creative writing.
maryjane5000 chapter 50 . 1/17/2017
Ok what?, Akane tells Sayuri & Yuka that they tricked Kuonji by making him thinking Ranma is a girl & they just accepted it, no shock or anything you'd think one of them would ask

"How did you get him to crossdress?" or "How did you pull that off?"

as I don't remember reading anyone outside the family (except Kodachi) knows about the curse let alone anyone at school
maryjane5000 chapter 48 . 1/17/2017
For some reason I picture this

Omake
Akane and Kasumi turned and glared at their husbands. Ranma shrugged helplessly then jumped up his feet spinning around and said "BEEP BEEP" beforeing taking off then Tofu exclaimed "Arriba Arriba Andale Arriba-Yeppa" taking off after Ranma

As they left they heard the sound of Soun's voice, "Cowards!"
Y2Ranma chapter 28 . 1/15/2017
You should have made a reference to Nabiki's plan instead of being vague and saying how some of her plans were so horrible
Rose1948 chapter 63 . 3/5/2015
I do hope that you can find your way to finishing your story. I've enjoyed reading it so very much. I've had laughs, tears, giggles, and thoughtful ponderings throughout the chapters. Please continue it soon, if you can. Take care and thanks for sharing.