Reviews for Despite Everything
Disney's Darling chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
It's fics like this that add more weight to the idea that Ayame's constant smile is really a Stepford Smile; fake. And I feel bad for Aaya-chan; I think only Shigure, Mine, and Tohru genuinely like him. MAYBE Yuki at the end.

You may want to punctuate and space better though. Just a thought.
AydynFTM chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Aw I loved this fic! Poor Aya-kun!
ReinSohma chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Shigure and Ayame are such immature dorks. I love them both to death though. You make really cute Hatori and Akito stories though. (Even though they're all extremely sad and stuff. eh.) Do you have any stories with romantic hatori and akito scenes in it? That would be really cool to see.
MysticSorceror chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Things I liked:

I like the way Ayame handles the truth - I don't even really know if this is true of him

I love the depth in Aya - it's pretty saddening as well

I love the emotion carried in this chapter and character interactions

Akito's view is really in character but it's so sad to know how wrong it is

Great parallelism between characters

I like the character you've created for Hatori's mother

I love how much Ha'ri cares for Akito but now I feel really bad for Aya

I really enjoyed the metaphorical winter idea

A dinosaur o.O

I loved that line: "What do you mean I never let you talk!" - it's kinda like me and my friends: which is also kinda weird since she's a dragon and I'm a snake

Wow, Akito sure is possessive over his shower

Is Aya neglecting/forgetting about Yuki now? - wanted to do this with own sister recently. We have the Aya (her) Yuki (me) relationship

Wow the ending is so cold

Ways to improve:

I caught a couple of spelling issue in there - where Hatori and Akito are talking about Kana

The paragraphs aren't double spaced so it's a bit hard to read

Great work

Strange.

And...

OOC?

... Eh.

I don't think there's much of a plot for this. Didn't really relate to the summary anyways.
Liz chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
This was so, so sweet! You are possibly the only writer whose work I've read, that really seems to understand the psychology of the Sohmas. I know this is a lot to ask, but could you please write a sequel where Yuki forgives Akito, and grows close to Ayame, and where Ayame and Akito realize that they actually do love each other because they're family? I know it sounds too mushy and happy, but I have yet to read a realistic story where any of that happens, and since you're a really good writer I think you could pull it off. Thank you.

P.S. the fact that Akito and Ayame's insecurity and need to be loved was expressed so well, makes this story very dear to my heart. Thank you for your insight and all your hard work.
Shafinaz too lazy to sign in blah chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Lol I have mixed feelings about this one; I don't think I can imagine Ayame in the same room as Akito, as hard as I may try. But well writeen it was nonetheless. And I liked the second to last paragraph. Gropage in the dark...m XD
hikaru yuki chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
waah! that was good! even though akito was a little ooc, you made him unbearably cute! ::hugs 'aki-san'::
Reka chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
That was some good. Hatori-centric. I like Hatori something good. It was believable, too. Maybe a bit OC, but sweet and believable anyway.
softbats chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
O_O MEEGU! So much enjoyment did I derive from that! I loves the way you write, Reirei it yam fanplastical, and it keeps getting better all the time. Probably because you write more than me. O_o *coughs in your dust*
Killed for Art's Sake chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
Yayayay! 'Tis awesome like all your work :D Your writing style seems to have changed a bit (or maybe I'm just dellusional? o_O) T'was nice I especially loved the last line. So sweet~