Reviews for Through a Glass Darkly
Matsuo Miwa chapter 1 . 2/23
I already liked this ship, but this just made me like it even more. I didn't think I'd ever see a story for this pair, and was very pleasantly surprised to see this, and how well written it is. Have to admit, I wasn't expecting that ending. It's great!
Amphitrite II chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Very well done piece for a very rare pairing. You did a wonderful job with both the premise and the characterization. I love the idea of Isis feeling guilty about Mai and Mai defiantly refusing to be saved. The ending was definitely a pleasant surprise; I was afraid that it would be sad. Anyway, great job with this!
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
(sparkly-eyed) Now *that* was sweet. Yes, I think sweet is definitely a good word here. I never quite understood this couple, but you did a really good job of playing up the connection between these two characters. Very good detail on the descriptions of Isizu's feelings after loosing her Item, and her feelings of guilt... I can definitely see her feeling like that in the show... Also, nice ending :) It was just so... sparkly... (happy sigh)...
Rayne Destiny chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Yes! There is not enough Visionshipping out there! *huggles you* I love you for this! It was wonderful!
Paladius chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
That was so pretty, and so very touching... The ending especially was so very sweet. Characterization seemed good, and the style flowed very well. Decent shoujo-ai is so difficult to find.

A very pleasant read.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
That was simply beautiful! Absolutely wonderful. I loved the characterization on both sides. And even a hint of a happy future. Wonderful. :)
Just Another Soul chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. It was perfectly in-character and very well written. I applaud you on this fantastic piece of work. I loved every word of it. _ You have a very poetic style of writing, you should really make more MaixIsis fics like this. A sequal, perhaps? *hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink* _~ I'm adding you and this fic to my favorites list!
Bardicsidhe chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
And yet, she could not deny the thrill that came from placing it around her neck-the tingle in her fingertips that said, *You have done this before, daughter of the Nile, before and before and before.*

- You have an incredibly poetic way of storytelling. Every line is fluid, and there's also an interesting means of mixing visual imagery with the emotional imagery from Ishizu's perspective...which makes certain passages extraordinary. This story deserves far more attention - it's a unique perspective and it's an underappreciated pair, as far as I'm concerned. I loved it.
corsetxbruises chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
*Checks favorites* I love it! Yu-gi-oh yuri is so rare, especially MaixIsis, and I'm glad to have found one so well written. Great characterization (especially Mai) and you ended it wonderfully (I’m extremely fond of the last line). Keep up the great work; I hope that you’ll write more sometime.

- crimsonXsnow
Adnawun chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
*bows*

That was lovely and well written. It was believable too and the characterization was very well done.

*grins*

I enjoyed this heaps! My first MaixIsis fic ;

Thanks.
Mikazuki Kagaya chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
at last, a Mai Isis fic! and so well-written! it's all for which one hopes! please write another one? ::puppy eyes::

one little thing, Yami Malik calls Isis 'Nee-san', not 'oneesama'. but you're a really good writer...off now to check out your other fics.
Misura chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
An interesting and enjoyable read. I like the way you had time pass by very naturally in this fic, even if there was a considerable amount of time between the first and the last scene. I also liked the way you wrote the two characters and their interaction, in particularly Mai, who came across as very strong and in-character (although Ishizu definitely also is strong, if perhaps in a slightly different way). -
Hush Puppie chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Gah! This is so LOVELY. I'm a bit confused as to why you call Ishizu "Ishizu" instead of "Isis" when you call everyone else but their subbed names, but I'm sure you must have your reasons. This is lovely, and it's got girly-lovin', which only makes it lovelier. And the end... what a trip...
*adds to favorite stories*
Ceresi chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
FREAK-ING-AWESOME.

OH. MY. GOD.

Best femslash I've read in a *long* time and I think I love you now. Really, really, love, a lot of love, boundless and boundless amounts of love, OMIGOD.

MAI! You did Mai perfectly! And Ishizu! Even better! Totally IC and sympathetic and gorgeous and awesome! And Yami Marik, OMG, so hot and evil, and poor little Serenity. And wow. And the thing with the hourglass. And wow. Wow wow wow.

And the end. And wow.

OMG.

I need medication. This is . . . wow. Awesomely awesomely awesome.

Wow.