Reviews for The life and death of Arwen Undómial: A diary
beatle-chic chapter 5 . 9/10/2004
This is so beautiful and creative! I absolutely love it! Keep up the awesome work! :)
Lady of the Dog Star chapter 5 . 6/9/2004
Lovely, lovely, lovely. I do hope that you get back to this soon.
Lady of the Dog Star chapter 4 . 6/9/2004
I liked this. I am a huge fan of Eowyn/Faramir, but I really liked how you could write about them even though you don't like their relationship. Nice part at the end, too about having children of her own. I like where you're going with this.
Lady of the Dog Star chapter 3 . 6/8/2004
Another excellent chapter. The only thing is, you implied that once Galadriel and Elrond leave all the elves will be gone (with the exception of Legolas). However, Elrohir and Elladan still live in Imladris and Celeborn stays on, I believe. Maybe you didn't mean it is that way. It's interesting to see where you're going with this because I'm also writing an Arwen story, only mine's after Aragorn's death. Oh and one more thing-Evenstar is Undomiel not Undomial. It's sad that you have to put astericks in, but if you didn't, half of the people reading wouldn't know what was going on. Keep up this great work!
Lady of the Dog Star chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Very good, the only thing that I did not like was the description of the hobbits as "adorable" it makes them sound rather like puppies.
Eruannath chapter 4 . 5/18/2004
Ah! I forgot something :P
I dunno, the part when Elrond sings "Into the West"... hm. At least, to me, it didn't fit. I'm sorry. I'm too much of a books fan. But then, it is an original idea and in the overall story it looks well.
Eruannath chapter 5 . 5/18/2004
This is very interesting. I hadn't read something like this before. I must admit I was expecting a more... I dunno "formal writing" but it is very good! Also, I think that in the way it is written (events mentioned, like the giving of the Evenstar to Aragorn) and maybe the language used , make this story more close to the movies than to the books. Which isn't, of course a bad thing! You could hand the script to the filmmakers ;)
I am a huge fan of all the Arwen/Aragorn relationship and I would love to continue reading your story.
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Um...you have to fix the capitalization in the title, and it's 'Undomiel'. Arwen should die! **evil laugh** Other than that, this is good.
DIE, ARWEN!
Roisin Dubh chapter 5 . 4/29/2004
Like it very much. You have a good sense of style for the genre. I'm looking forward to how you handle the death of Aragorn and how Arwen moves in the world after that happens. You also hinted that Legolas did not go to Valinor and I'm interested to see what you do with that.
If I may offer two suggestions:
I appreciate the notes, but I'd suggest maybe putting some kind of line to separate the story from the notes, just as a visual clue to readers that they're switching from one to the other.
Since this is Arwen's diary, your first few chapters are written in first person, as I'd expect in a diary. Later chapters switch to a limited third person point of view with more dialogue. I think either method works, but you need to choose one or the other.
Your base on this is really strong. Keep going!
UniCornVampire3z chapter 5 . 4/22/2004
MORE I WANT MORE! very god stuff! yahoo more elvish, but i'm repeating mysely *sigh*
UniCornVampire3z chapter 4 . 4/22/2004
Yaho go Varda! oh, Vanya lapse, this is from a diffrent chapter but i thought father was "ada" you have Atar? different language? which is it? anyway, luv it so fa,
UniCornVampire3z chapter 3 . 4/22/2004
oh, this one is sad but i think the last one was sad-er. Well, what does Leggie, do again i've read the Simerilion (i know that's spelled wrong, to lazy to check,) but it all got blurred (considering most of it was read usually after 9 at night ish) weel ( i like the word "WELL") again More elvish yahoo! onto the next ch!
UniCornVampire3z chapter 2 . 4/22/2004
i REALLY LIK THIS! THE IDEA OF PUTTING THE SONG IN FROM THE MOVIE IS PURE GENIUS!after (in the song) i cheked the cd, you missed right after all of your fears will pass away then "safe in my arms, your only sleping" and then you get to what can you see... then again you miss some lines you and i will meet again- "and you'll be here in my arms, just sleeping" then again onto what can you see on the horizon, ect. unless you left those out on porpose i suggest yuo put them back in. i REALLY LUV THE IDEA! you are a great author!
UniCornVampire3z chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
(i lik subming reviews) that was COOL! and i am so glad i'm lerning more elvish!
!
TotallyObsessedwithLOTR chapter 5 . 4/14/2004
a child! yay! and i must appologize to you: i haven't been reviewing. i am SO sorry! i was on vacation. first skiing, then visiting relatives, then at my uncle's wedding. *sigh* so much... stuff... very great chapter! i myself don't know Quenyan, but would the healing master and Varda know it? (or was that Sindarin...i'm confuzed...too much trips...)