Reviews for Sands of Time
strawberries'n'sugar chapter 12 . 6/21/2004
Wow... for your first story, this was pretty amazing. Hmm... you characterised everyone really well, they sounded just like they do on the show. Really, it seemed kinda like an actual episode... you can't get much higher praise then that, huh? Well, I'm done babbling. Seeya, B.
strawberries'n'sugar chapter 9 . 6/21/2004
Oh my god! I was gonna wait to the end to review but I couldn't. The last bit in this chapter was just so sad and sweet and sad. And a really clever idea too. B.
idolsgirl chapter 12 . 4/14/2004
The note was so moving!
Great fic!
gidgetgirl chapter 12 . 4/11/2004
I liked it. I think you might want to look into entering it in some fic contests. I think it would stand a decent chance at winning. I nominated your other fics (the little Dawn ones) in the Barefoot Awards and the Shades of Grey. You have a great eye for characterization. I especially enjoyed your Cordelia. As for your future fics, I'm so-so with respects to the two of them. The email one doesn't sound plotty enough for my tastes, and from what you've let us know, the prophesy one seems sort of generic. I'd read it, though.
You know what I'd REALLY like to see, though? (1) More little Dawn stories. I'd love one about Dawn trying on Buffy's clothes and pretending to be the slayer when she's nine or so, and maybe one where Dawn first develops a crush on Xander. (2) This is going to sound truly bizarre, but a fic in which Cordy and Giles have some sort of relationship... father/daughter-ish, relationship (weird...so weird), but just where they're interacting a lot.
Anyway, good, soliud story. Thanks for writing it. I enjoyed it.
gidgetgirl chapter 11 . 4/11/2004
Poor Cassie. Though I have to admit, I'm actually not that sad about it. Miss Ford's grief seemed a little over the top and not quite real somehow. The action was well paced though, and I enjoyed the sock hop line.
gidgetgirl chapter 10 . 4/11/2004
I loved Buffy's mental notes so far. Very, very in character and a delight to read. You do action well, and I'm adoring the Cordelia and Giles interactions.
gidgetgirl chapter 9 . 4/11/2004
this chapter didn't have much punch to me. I enjoyed Willow's "Housing development" line. You have a great sense of timing.
gidgetgirl chapter 8 . 4/11/2004
I think it was a mistake to reveal Miss Ford's future name in the same chapter that Cordy read that passage. It's a little too obvious. I'm loving the Cordy/Giles dynamic.
gidgetgirl chapter 7 . 4/11/2004
"I'm staying right here where the weapons are."
That line was so classically Cordy. I loved it. I also really appreciated the parallels witht he glass shattering. You've got an interesting past-present dynamic going on here.
gidgetgirl chapter 6 . 4/11/2004
I adored Buffy's "I could tell you stories about that" line. It's odd that the slayer in the fifties was also at the Hellmouth, since they've been all over the world (the one from the eighties was in NYC, remember?). I'd like to see some funky tension between Giles and Miss Ford, but I don't think they're even in the same time period.
Can we see an ancestor of someone?
gidgetgirl chapter 5 . 4/11/2004
You're reminding me why I loved early season Cordy. I also liked the integration of the Johnny Angel song. The idea of a slayer in one of those little fifties sweater outfits and bobby socks cracks me up.
gidgetgirl chapter 4 . 4/11/2004
Is Buffy dressed in her regular clothes, or is she dressed all fifties style? Also, if she's at Sunnydale in the fifties, is she going to run into the teacher/student love couple? Wasn't that the fifties?
I loved Cordelia this chapter. Particularly the "It's called Scotch tape" line. Perfect.
gidgetgirl chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
The formatting was kind of screwy and the characterizations a bit sloppy, but I liked Cassie's entrance. Believable.
gidgetgirl chapter 2 . 4/11/2004
I like Cordelia's characterization pretty well this chapter. The right mix of sarcastic and popular-y. Giles is characterized very well, also. Willow's pretty neutral for me. I loved Cordy's Disneyland line, though I think you cut it off a little soon. Cordy's just a bit random, and I think she should have probably said something else disney-related following that sentence... maybe something about Mickey's fashion sense or something.
You write very well, and you know your Buffy characters. It's a refreshing change.
gidgetgirl chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
I liked your little Dawn series, so I thought I'd check out this one. I loved your characterization of Snyder. Buffy was only so-so for me, but it was a short chapter, so that's all subject to change.