Reviews for The Horse
Books85 chapter 101 . 9/6
This was an amazing story all together. I find myself just repeating the superlative, amazing. Also absorbing. And, in the very best sense of the word, transformative. I wonder what would happen next, but am happy for my brain to come up with the answers.

Thank you for four days of absorbing reading.
Books85 chapter 75 . 9/3
Why haven't any of the other students (especially Harry) realized that Severus was Luna's Uncle? All of her stories that start with "my uncle..." end with "...and then Professor Snape..." We know that Severus had a sister (and poor Luna, now bereft of both of the sane members of her family) and we know that Severus's sister was fond of horses. No wonder that Luna s acting out a bit. I wonder if the shoes contributed to Sion's sudden ability at dressage? If Luna believed that Simon could, he did.

I wonder is Simon belonged to Severus? It explains why he would be found close to Hogwarts.
Books85 chapter 65 . 9/2
Ugga. Old monkey mare is making funny burbling monkey sounds that disturb the cat from her rightful nap, Ugga bug good Simon.

Ugga bug good Elsa.
Books85 chapter 55 . 9/1
You know, when you gave us the letter written to Draco by Narcissa, I thought, Draco was born as the seventh month dies, too! But then that observation got lost in the other lovely plot points...

We had three boys there harvesting the magical mistletoe who filled the requirements of That Damn Prophecy. That potion should do something special.

Good save with tucking so many loose ends of a story started between OotP and HBP but finished after the Prince. I have no problem with reading AU.

Thanks, again.
Books85 chapter 54 . 9/1
I have laughed out loud more often with this story than 95% of the HP fan-fiction out there. This story has everything; adventure, romance and humor, and just a bit of romance. Thanks!
Books85 chapter 47 . 9/1
I love the Simon Patronus! I also am really loving this story. I read it once years ago, but lost track of the title / author. (You'd think I could remember a nice simple title!) so I'm delighted to rediscover it.

Thank you very much. This is wonderful.
stephanD chapter 101 . 1/27
what a great Story! So different from probably thousands of Harry Potter stores I've read. Loved the time travel bit, had me in tears. Harry's coming back and relearning his relationships, all the preparations for the final battle, the battle and the moving forward...I'm a well satisfied reader. Thank you for such a marvelous tale. o
Guest chapter 57 . 12/20/2016
Black, Oily hair.. Coarse nose.. That. Attitude.. Harry commentating on how young!snape sometimes reminds him of simon.. Some deeply ingrained spell in simons chest he doesnt want removed..
Okay that cinched it, Simon is Severus Snape.
Guest chapter 101 . 6/27/2016
Even though I am reading this years after you finished it, I have never read a fanfiction this long that I enjoyed as much as yours. You managed to keep me hooked on this story for all 101 chapters. Your OCs were well thought out and didn't feel awkward as so many authors' do. And I loved the ending. Thank you for writing a story so magnificent. And I loved your references to Orwell, Pink Floyd, and of course Monty Python and Star Trek. Live long and prosper, mighty author. You deserve to.
Andante825 chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Just stunning. The depth of planning (the opening scene that is to come, almost half a million words later), the misdirection (on several key plot points, but one in particular), the time travel element, the Blockade, and of course everything equestrian makes this an epic fanfic, but the quality of writing (descriptive and dialogue both) makes it a cut above. This was a joy to read and I'm so glad to have stumbled across it. Definitely a new favorite.
The Builder chapter 8 . 3/14/2016
OMG, it was at this point I realized.
I know, why choose chapter eight of all chapters to review? Well, I was reading the part of how 'smart horses were' when I made the connection.
You are amazing. I have looked so long for a story somewhat like this, and the ones I've found tend to be terrible, but this is great!
Just so you know, while writing this I have not read any further. I'm just too exited about my realization.
I really hope I'm right, or else I would have written this for no reason.
I also hope you can figure out what I'm talking about. If not, oh well.
And you probably will never read this anyways, but so what?
Indiana Jackson chapter 2 . 3/12/2016
the horse is snape, isn't it?
cimmer chapter 101 . 11/4/2015
What an absolutely wonderful story. I loved everyone in it, I liked the little bits that made up the characters: the love of Pink Floyd, Animal Farm, Narcissa, Harry being angry at his dad AND mom (because too often people just say Lily was the 'nice' one but she did marry James so what does that say about her?), Draco and his hands giving him the ability to cast a wonderful patronus, Dumbledore never quite learning from his mistakes, Luna in all her wisdom, Ginny the sorceress, Neville just needing his notes and reading material organized a different way, Bertram, Ron and Hermione as an old married couple, Elmsworthy and his love of potions, Trudi as the future Mrs. Draco Malfoy (she'll keep him in line and will be able to stand up to Narcissa), Severus the badger, Remus and Sirius terribly flawed but not irredeemable or at least not with supervision (reminded me a bit of Lucius in the working off of a life long penance), the Republic of Slytherin, the Scottish cows who saved Harry's bacon and so much more. I hope Harry goes on to become a horse mutterer, I think he would be good at it and I hope Remus gets his cat as well. Thank you for this story
fuelforthefunnyfarm chapter 24 . 9/21/2015
Er... I already got that Luna's uncle could be a horse. Now. What I need to know is... would Luna happen to have an uncle named Simon?
smiles2go chapter 101 . 8/24/2015
There's not enough superlatives in the world to say how great this fic is and how well I enjoyed it. Have to go and see what else you've written
1,460 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »