Reviews for Irony and Introspection
Kat-chan Is Grapefruit chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
I like this one! Someone really, really needed to write that story, to write an account with things played out in a timely organization (since it is all given to us out of order...). The way you patterned your sentences made it sound very Kikyou-ish. Rock on. :3~

I had an insight that you didn't put in this story about why she didn't just kill Inuyasha...and I had it as I was reading that. XD; Maybe it was because he also had some human in him?

The way you started was poetic, with that single word, irony. I love that.

People really need to read this, especially the infamous Kikyou-haters (whose reasons for hating her are just plain stew pod). I personally think it would do them some good. -.-;

Oh, and, that you know my name...don't read the three that I have. (I think I have three...) Seriously. 9.9; Those surk and are off limits to all. See, I learned a lot of, A LOT OF Japanese in a very short time. XD Those were before...yeah... I plan to go back and edit them someday, maybe even after I get back from Japan in mid-August. :3

Well, almost time to go (this Creative Writing class is almost over for today)! So, I will talk to you later (much ;-;). Bai bai for now. :3

With love from your 'Scaping Fluffy-hime buddy~
Miroku's Priestess chapter 1 . 1/23/2005

That was really good. I can't stand Kikyou, but this made me cry. No joke. Good job!

luv ya!

Fledgling chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
That was beautifully written. I especially liked your very vivid and lovely descriptions of the things that happened to Kikyo. I could nearly see the beautiful lake...and feel Inuyasha's heart against my ears.

This was a much more positive take on Kikyo's character. I like how you make her somewhat repentant, and finally maturing. I don't understand either why some people hate Kikyo so much...but I've never read anything like the perspective you've taken. Most of them are really all the same.

I wrote a Kikyo fic too, but in mine she is much darker. Do you think you could r&r?

Good job!
Sharnay chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
I like this. I have never really read a fic from Kikyo's point of view. Now I have to go check out that other story of yours you mentioned.

myeerah chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Very well done; I love the sentiment you convey. It's interesting that you have Inuyasha being the one to make the first move. It begs the question of whether he was always that reticent or if his experience with Kikyo made him even more cautious.

I find it funny that you wrote this for the same reason (and with much the same overall gist) I wrote my Kikyo fic—you were just three months ahead of me.
Lady Athena X chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Lovely perspective of Kikyo. It is a shame that this side of her character isn't shown often in the Inuyasha fandom nowadays. Kikyo is truly one of the most complicated and misunderstood characters on the show. I must admit that I used to dislike Kikyo when I began watching Inuyasha, but now (especially Thanks to several Kikyo fans that I talked with over time), I got to see a deeper, more intriguing side to Kikyo. Today, I am one of the few InuYasha fans likes both Kikyo and Kagome. You did a great job with this fic. Some of these InuYasha fans really need to take a take a look at this.
Cougiecat chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Beautiful. I love the end. And I love your treatment of Kikyou.
Tiff chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Awesome story! You catured Kikyo so well! This has to be the best fanfic I've ever read about her. Good job!
Thunk chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
Awesome. Totally completely awesome. Your phrasing was beautiful, and your word choice very mature.
You wrote her so naturally, that I couldn't help but to like her. I felt for her, and her sentiments rang so true and so human that it eased the bitterness I'd felt for her. Taking her from innocence to love to betrayal, to reawakening to rediscovering... It was all totally natural.
A beautiful read. With a profound ending that made my heart warm. I could never pull something like this off! I'm jealous!
Anidee chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
OMG! MOONIE! That was an AWESOME AWESOME FIC! *huggles Moonie, then dies* BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! _v !
drake220 chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
absolutely wonderful. i am blown away by this fic. it was insightful, well-written, descriptive and just plain awesome. this fic is probally the best kikyo fic i ever read, of any type. kudos for writing this fic. Yo should be very very proud of it. (i'm adding it to my favs)
Fireblade K'Chona chapter 1 . 3/23/2004 Incredible. Kudos to you.
con ojos verdes chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
This is a wonderful story. I especially liked your writing style.
Deep Serenity chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Wonderful... really really good, it even helped me understand the stroy some more. Their love is tragic.
Keep writing.
perlaret chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Absolutely, positively gorgeous! This was a beautifully deep look into Kikyou, and I admire how wonderfully you wrote from her perspective. Good job!
You're right. Too many people throw Kikyou off as a... Well, "bitch". However, she is anything but. She is, in fact, a deep, complicated character with more than just hate and vengence to her. I believe that's why I like her so much- she feels more human than Kagome. She's been through so many hardships, and she reacts in a totally realistic way to the circumstances she's been put through. That's why I believe so many dislike her... They would probably be the exact same way if they were in her place. That... And they want the Inu/Kag romance without the twists of a good plot...
Anywho, done ranting! This is a stupendous fanfiction, and I hope you write about Kikyou again. Maybe you could read my Kikyou fics, "Leaves of Time" and "Forever I'll Cry"? _ I'd definitely appreciate it!
Write again soon! Ja ne.