Reviews for Fractured History
typhoon chaos chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
nice, very dramatic. although, I thought he was executed by a solo gunshot. at least, that's the standard for military executions, electric chair was reserved for civilians until the 80's. but other than that, it really cleared up a few plot points for me.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
That story was amazing and sad. I loved it. It made me think about the truth behind humanity.
pie chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
This is an amazingly well thoughtout, and written story. you may want to update some of the things that have been revealed about gerald's past. but other than that this story was perfect!
nintendofreakgcn chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
Brilliantly done. You got into the mindset of Gerald perfectly, and after that, the rest just worked. You captured his utter despair and his final insanity better than any game or anime could ever do.

I do have a few little issues, though. First, it would have been nice if you'd mentioned Gerald's final plan to make the ARK plummet to the Earth. I'm not exactly sure how that fits in with the plot in the game, but there is probably an explanation. Also, I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't include Gerald's full maniacal speech, but you still get the message across, so it's not a huge loss.

All in all, though, an excellent fanfic, and one that has easily made its way into my favourites list and C2 archive.
Shamanic Shaymin chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
...Wow. A fanfic from Gerald's perpspective. I think I like you.

It was detailed without being excruciating, and it felt like something that would fit along with the games. And it's rare to see a fic like this, where it actually delves into the storyline instead of these shallow high-school AUs and "Sonic" love quintuprangles. Bless you for being original and insightful, especially for a major character rarely given the spotlight.
Catachresis chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Gerald and Maria never get the spotlight as much as they should. It's always Shadow, Shadow, Shadow...

As a personal interlude to my review, I recently started a biotechnology course in high school. A long time fan of science fiction, and SA2 sparked an interest in me about genetics, I now had a class where life could be broken down into the makeup of atoms.

That aside, I am impressed with your scientific references in your story. While it does go beyond enough to be science fiction, it stays entirely plausible at the same time. There is no: "there were thousand of lab rats masacred to test a gene's effects" gory details of science progression. Gerald also mentions the amount of research he did for the immortality project. People don't understand that scientific claims have to build upon each other, and a lab is a pretty boring place when nothing's blowing up in it.

I really enjoyed the tone of the story. Sonic 1st person POVs are not very good in general, so whenever I find an appealing one I instantly add it to my favorite stories list. Gerald's choice of vocabulary is very fitting for a scientist. While there are scientific terms every so often, a $1 word placed here and there, the dialogue is very straight-forward and strangely simple. People don't understand that scientists usually don't have very good gramarr and a writer's touch. Lab write ups are usually filled with data, and rarely ever need fancy wording. Gerald shows some great literacy for a scientist, with the wide range of metaphors and analogies he uses.

I especially liked the coming-of-age of Maria, the phase between the tender years to the teenage years.

Despite the angst genre the story is surprisingly light. Gerald builds up his achievements, only to come crashing down. It seems more of a tradgedy to me because of that, as I consider Prof. Gerald angst to be him raving about death and programming Shadow and whatnot.

Your prose is descriptive, and you manange to "show-not-tell" if you'll pardon the corniness.

Definitely worth of the Sonic Stadium award. Well done!
Ecea chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
that was awesome!

Shadow:poor Gerald. why?*stares into the sky*

Sonic/Knuckles/Ecea:poor Shadow.

Ecea:shadow, come on tell what you think of the story.

Shadow:it was truly a piece of work. I just wish you didn't remind me, of her*still staring into sky*

Sonic:do more like this
Lishia chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
...

My god. This is well written. VERY well written. Love it. LOVE IT TO PIECES.

...if nothing else, can you check out my fic "Hellsong?" Rated R, and in the Megaman X universe.

But honestly. I really do love this piece. There it goes-to my favorites.
Dr. Sipp chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
I loved it.
Tylec Asroc chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Bravo. This is a beautiful story, emotional and touching. You made me smile when you described Maria and Shadow's friendship, and the strangth they gained from each other.
I should mention that I found your story by following the link from Netraptor's messageboards, so your advertising is working.
I'll keep an eye out for your future writing. Chao!
Coal chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I would say that this is one of the best fan fictions I hvae ever read. This is a great piece of work that decribes beautifully the work of Dr. Gerald Robotnik. Keep up the good work.
ChibiHeartDragon chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Awesome story. I'm from da boards, member me? Anyway, very cool.
Myst chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Wow. Just.. wow. That's the first time i ever really felt sad over Maria's death. You put it into such detail.
DarcNiGHT chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
That's pretty cool, it's an interesting view on SA2 from a point of view that's important, but not used that much.