Reviews for Harry Potter and the Overdone Plot Devices
Periwinkle Clemens chapter 11 . 11/15/2014
Wow, I've got to say, as a person reading this in 2014, the part where Snape exclaims "Despite the fact that there is no canon evidence to support it, I have always been completely in love with you to the point of obsession!"
Is extra hilarious. Guess no one saw that coming.
In other news, really like this story :)
spacecavy chapter 16 . 11/8/2014
Oh my gosh this was amazing. So glad I read this.
Purely Fictional chapter 7 . 9/4/2014
I'm loving the Strom Thurmond comment ;)
101cecilia101 chapter 13 . 7/30/2014
omg!
asterix chapter 16 . 5/16/2014
i just read a fanfic which uses many of these plot dvices sneakly...its a dramione by a 12 year old as i found out in later chapters, and guess what? there is a winter ball! oh well, my fault for reading it i guess. i also read a dramione with an overused plot device and eventually makeover hermione (not american cousins, but ginny and the patil twins. they are as good an overdone plot device as the american cousin) who turns into a mary sue and ooc draco who's all angsty and longing for hermione who he musn't love. maybe i should stop reading dramione. *stares in shock at the words i just typed* nope. i love good dramione. just don't like the overdone sue and american cousins.
TheBellroseFairy chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Though this will probably get lost in the midst of all your other hundreds of reviews(if you even check them) I have to say your fanfics are hilarious. however, i have read fanfictions based on your "look out for these key words" list. i find this one unfair, since you're basically out ruling every single fan fic that includes those words, making the precious few that are worthwhile and interesting get ignored. So, here's a link to one i found hilarious. its based on Dumbledore comes up with a plan where student have to have a baby. s/2064124/1/Parenting-Class If the link does not work, the title of the story is "Parenting Class". Even if you don't read this, it did kill some time writing this. I shall say my last words: POTATO! CHOCOLATE! PELICANS!
have-some-dixiestix chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
I loved the CrabbeOrGoyle part. Lots of writers make them interchangeable; it was very accurate
This.Pebble.Is.More.Important chapter 16 . 2/23/2014
I just remembered one more; the Veela!Draco fics. UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!
Yeah, I think I've got my point across.
This.Pebble.Is.More.Important chapter 12 . 2/23/2014
You have a point. In literally EVERY romance fic, there is a Ball. Even the good fics. Also, UPDATE! Please? Do Fem!Harry or Marriage Law (I confess, I have read some.) and a Harmony fic? Or, maybe a Azkaban!Harry? A Stupid!Ron fic (I've always hated these)? A Nice!Draco? A BashEveryoneExceptHermione/LoveInterestOfMainCharacter!fic? There are so many.
This.Pebble.Is.More.Important chapter 6 . 2/23/2014
Parody of parody: omg this is like totes amaze ill lik wanna mawwy this fic whateves. Translation: I like this story. No s*** Sherlock, I really do.
Artizay chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
Oh my god, I lost it when you said that there was no canon evidence to support that he loved Lily.
Three years after this fic...

Yeah. Irony at its finest.
TheNorwegianAuthor chapter 5 . 1/15/2014
Harry being Voldy's son?
Fem!Harry?
Harry/Tom Riddle?
Saving Sirius?
James survives haloween and either adore or hates Harry?
Harry becoming an invinsible werewolf?
Sirius/tragic, beautiful, funny, pureblood OC?
Supersmart, powerfull, dark Harry takes over the wizarding world, but turns out to be a saint?
Uncle Sevvie?
Harry goes into another univers and saves it, getting himself a new family who follow him back to 'canon'?
Harry turning into an angel?
Slytherin Harry?
Harry saves Cedric and kills wormtail unintentionally?
Harry goes back in time and saves James and Lily?
Harry killing Belatrix after the 'Sirius accident'?
Georgaina chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Duesal10 I think you should realize that the grammatical errors are being put in because this is actually supposed to sarcastically illustrate the way many of these fanfics are written. So the common grammatical errors found in those fanfiction will therefore appear in this one.
For example the "I say something now." Said person A. "And my sentence was totally not finished." type of thing. I believe the author is completely aware of the fact that it was supposed to go with *now," said person A. "And*. If that makes sense. I can't be asked to rewrite the whole thing as I want to get on with my review.

I really love your parody/humor stuff, Citygirl! I found myself chuckling through most of the chapters already, and I am really glad that there is yet more for me to read! (Incidentally, this has helped with me avoiding crap like this in my own stories. Thank you so much for writing it! -)
I hope that one day, you will make your (perhaps small) comback to fanfiction and give us more to chuckle at!
- Fonset
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 8 . 12/1/2013
I really enjoyed this one, but I ain't reading the next.
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 7 . 12/1/2013