Reviews for Harry Potter and the Overdone Plot Devices
kriss1 chapter 4 . 3/29/2004
lol! I just LOVE this! one of the best!
Wiccan PussyKat chapter 4 . 3/29/2004
Lol, lol, and lol. This is a wonderful story, mainly because it's so true. There's a world of Mary-Sue parodies out there (in fact, I'm sure there's about as many of them as there are Mary-Sues), but sadly, few are very good, and other irritating plot devices are not mentioned. But this is where you step in, ta daa! A delightfully sarcastic, well-written, amusing parody that actually has a point, and (hopefully) will cover all those nasty plot bunnies that seem to attack teen authors with a vengence. I had to wade through several before I got to yours, in fact; not naming any names, but one did involve a made-over hermione, her sparky new OC friend, a timeturner, and two of our favourite Marauders...*gag*
"They had all changed so much over the summer they were almost unrecognizable." As has their personalities. The OOCness in these stories is ridiculous, as hermione, now that she has miracuously discovered make-up and hair-straighteners talks about nothing but, and Harry and Ron both consider themselves something of a "stud" and flirt with anything with two ti - er..legs.
"I'm so confused!" Wailed Harry. "Oh woe is me!" Heh, we all are, Harry. Especially as to how Snape managed to aquire a half-step-daughter...
Funny how the time turned always takes them back to the late seventies, isn't it? Just when they were in their later (and therefore, sexier)Hogwarts years. No dorky pre-adolescent 11 year olds with squeaky voices, no...
"And the last one was not hot or sexy at all, but short and chubby and decidedly unattractive because we all know what he’s going to do in the future and hate him for it, the slimy little traitor." Isn't that always the way? Peter is completely ignored and kicked out of the gang, because the others supposedly didn't like him anyway, which presents the question as to why he was trusted as their Secret Keeper...
Alright, well, I've probably drabbled on long enough now, but the point I wanted to make is that I realy like this fic, and hope you can update it soon. In the meantime, I will yell at those nasty elevator people.
*Blows out the candle*
Blessed Be,
PK
Sophic chapter 4 . 3/29/2004
I know what you mean about sarcasm coming out in the wrong places, happens to me at school...
Anyhow, this is absolutely brilliant. Please continue!
TsuQ chapter 4 . 3/28/2004
This is pretty funny, put some of the "a glance conveys a paragraph" stuff in ]
US HP Fan chapter 4 . 3/28/2004
Oh it's just lovely! You have the same twisted sense of humor I do. I have to complement you on the way you are capturing all the fanfic cliches. I hope you throw in a devastatingly attractive and tragically misunderstood Draco at some point.
If you are interested in reading a twisted crossover parody with the TV show ROSWELL, go here . ?t4069&postdays0&postorderasc&start0&sid
HPBeatles chapter 4 . 3/28/2004
LOL
Frankie Beeblebrox chapter 3 . 3/27/2004
Hang on, I have to pull myself back into my chair. "He's hot and Scottish."
Fantabulous, as usual.
MioneMalfoy92 chapter 3 . 3/27/2004
This is SO Funny! OMG! I was in hysterics by the end of the 3rd chapter! It is absolutley HILARIOUS!
Neev chapter 3 . 3/26/2004
*grins* Oh, splendid. The poor, trying life of a Mary Sue... *snort* Man, these chapters are far too short!
Jellyman chapter 2 . 3/26/2004
This is great! I love parodies like this (you know... full sentances, actual humour...) ;-) It's really making me laugh, so keep it up! However, be sure to stick in some completely out-of-chracter or situations that are funny in their own right in there, as you don't want to be boring. Thanks for making me chuckle!
Jellyman
emi chapter 2 . 3/25/2004
yeah. I agree wif you. even though i have not read a lot of fanfics, i have seen many mary-sues and they scared me.
Neev chapter 2 . 3/24/2004
Heh, nice start to this little parody, I was quite amused. Can't wait for more - this is the first intelligent fic I've found in the HP Just In section tonight!
Frankie Beeblebrox chapter 2 . 3/24/2004
OMG, like wow! This is so totally cool, I had to rr/r/rv/vcr/dvd.
I apologize. I think I was astounded by your OC for a moment.
This is fantastic. I was in the mood for some wonderfully terrible fic, and instead I stumble across this. Lucky me! Very, very well done. If I think of any criticisms, I shall scream them at the non-pedestrians on the escalator tomorrow morning. Until then, fabulous job and keep it up!
1,468 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98