Reviews for Evolution
LadyRavenwing chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
I came here out if curiosity after you just left a review for my story...
I really like your potrayal of these teo very different characters who nonetheless feel so deeply connected an I'm particularly a fan of littöe things being mentioned such as their past discussions about death penalty, Nietzsche, then the meanig of the chess game in this... To me it's often details like this which give a story depth and substance and it felt very in character for these two.
I also liked you using the present tense here, it us quite fitting to reflect the immediacyof their thoughts- nice touch. The only criticism I have us to maybe keep it presen tense throughout, the jumps broke the flow a bit.
Eden Lies chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
wow, I have to say, I really, really loved this. I just watched X-men: First Class, and came away from it wanting to get another glimpse at the Charles/Erik dynamic. This was wonderfully written; the metaphors you used, in addition to your language, makes it sounds quite beautiful.

Thank you for such a wonderful piece of literature :).
Ender's Fangirl chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Very good, Iove how you wrote the story from one to another, as they studied each other. I think that the chess to life metaphor was unique, nice story.
hahaha-evil chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
this is deep
whylime chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Another Great story (I just read your Captain Planet one)

Captain Planet, Harry Potter, and X-men... we have the same intrests, and I really like your writting style.

Im adding you to my favorite authors list, I hope you write more!
a strange person chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Aw...That's so sad, so bittersweet...Only I thought Charles was British, not American? He sounds British, but then so does Erik and he's German...Supposedly.
Chantela chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Beautiful story. You really capture every side of Erik & Charles's relationship, and with a relationship as complex as theirs, there are many sides to capture. I also appreciate that there are only undertones of slash, because I really don't think that anything happened between them. And since I've reviewed your fic, I hope you'll take the time to read mine (Windy Rainy Night), especially since it was, I admit, partially inspired by yours. I'm afraid there's nothing more to say except ... awesome job!
Kage Chikara chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
I'm all ashiver. My favorite couple and this is exactly how I imagined their relationship. Down to the Nietzsche. I love you so much. I love how you portrayed their complex feelings of longing. Might be a little careful about the changing view points, but the song verses helped.
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Nuanced,well-written, and genuinely moving. You have a very good grasp of the characters and what drives them.
FlitShadowflame chapter 1 . 3/28/2004