Reviews for Imperfectly
cara chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
I love this story. I always go back and read it. It's just so simple and honest.
PsychoTherapy chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
How shweet..

;)
Glass Mermaid chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Very sweet and thoughtful...
angyxoxo chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Wow, hun, that had to be one of the best one-shots I have ever read. The way you captured their personalities and their love for each other was impeccably well done. I felt as though, I can actually feel the love they had for each other. And the way you added in the doubts they both had, and the guilt.. and how, though they know they both feel it, are willing to disregard it because this is (or was since they have their powers back now) a time where none of that matters. For them to start caring about something petty and something that would tear them apart in a precious time where they could take their relationship to the a whole other level, it really shows how their characters have evolved over years.

I havet o mention that as well. They way you take us back to the beginning of their blossoming relationship really did open up all those reminiscent days... makes me want to go back and read all those issues y'kno? And the way you lead up to the current day (which isnt so current anymore) and I can't say how much I love how you captured their personalities. I can't say how much I love how you portrayed their love.

And the best part of this fic is that you showed us how they had evolved from the beginning with each other and with themselves, and it just reminds me why I love this pair so much.

So, thank you for such a lovely story. Wouldn't have read it Ludi hadn't added to the C2 community: Romyness and All that other good XMen Stuff

Anywho, thanks for this story once again. I truly enjoyed and on my favorites it goes!

~angy
Patchverse-SheCat chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
What a great job at describing their relationship! You've managed to wrap up years of interaction and still keep it sweet and touching. Great stuff, and I love the snide humor in it. Very like them. This is a definite favorite.
Ludi chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Lovely work, honest, straightforward and to-the-point. It makes no pretensions to be anything other than what it is, and that works incredibly well. You dig into the the core of their relationship without making it long-winded or too poetic. It's just life, baby, and sometimes life sucks, and other times it can be just damn mundane. And it's hard to bring that out when you're writing about superhero lovers.

So, what can I say? It was refreshing, it was frank, and it talked about all the little things in life that inadvertantly mean something to us or are an intrinsic part of our lives. The manky coat. The ability to make someone laugh. Monotony of suburbia. *sigh*

I loved these descriptions: 'beautiful helpless dork'; 'mischievous-arrogant-bastard'. Yup, that's the Ragin' Cajun all right. ;)

A lovely piece, thanks so much for sharing. :)
AnxietyGrrl chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
That was great. I love getting the perspective on how their relationship has evolved as they've grown (and grown as they've evolved, actually), and I love a Rogue who's self-aware. Nice job!
TheWalrusWasPaul chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
lol, that was so cute! Really liked it, gotta loved comedy and well done, I really liked the last bit. Cheers!
TheWalrusWasPaul
RealityDreamer chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
aw..that was real sweet :)
and funny too.
Good work.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Very nicely done :-)
ChaosCat chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
This story rocks. Seriously. It's such a great perspective on the whole Rogue and Gambit relationship from the beginning of the thing. It's just groovy! .
DemonicGambit chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Aw how sweet! I love it!
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
aww! LOVELY! ;-)
Dusty chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Aw, that was great! Foofy, but not sickening. I think "Imperfectly" is a perfect song for those two :)
XxFleurdelySxX chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Wow, that was really, really good... All sweetness, and a great way of writing Rogue's pov about their complicated love life... Loved it. I hope it's only a first chapter, and that others will come... pweeze?
fleur-