Reviews for After the Flames
wild-springflower chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
well, i would hate for godzilla to eat some poor chap in Japan so... i like it so far! i cant wait to keep reading! great job! :)
wild-springflower chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
poor Skinner, that part in the movie always gets me... anywho, i like the story so far, cant say i like Skinner/Mina parring but hey, beggars cant be choosers right, im just dying for some good Skinner fics and in my frantic search for a good story i have stumbled across this little thing, i guess ill just have to deal with the romance... :)
rodney skinner fan chapter 2 . 6/21/2010
ello i must say i realy love the story please please update soon and make a fourth chapter i love this story so much and i am curious about what will happen next oh and chould you maybe make an lxg songflic here are some some songs the legue chould sing. dorian gray : so fresh so clean outkast. henry jekyll what i've done linkin park. mina harker: bring me to life evenense. rodney skinner: im still here goo goo dolls. tom sawyer by myself linkin park. i can't think of any songs for nemo or quatermain but maybe you chould think of something

anyways this is just one of my idea's but anyone can use it
gentlewomen thief chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
man i love this story please please write more. mina and skinner pairings are rare and i love when thwy are paired up. i also want you to keep writeing this becase i like reading storys about how skinner got better i know it whould take a long time i've seen pictures of 3rd deagree burns not a pretty site. any ways great job and keep writeing cheers my freaky darlings
cool k chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
aw whold this happen to be turning in to a mina skinner slash? becase it whold be awsome if it did good job keep up the good work
cool k chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
oh poor skinner i fell bad for him please have the next chapter up soon.
Pink Red chapter 3 . 1/15/2009
this is a Skinner/Mina right? it look's like one (n.n) well i don't like Skinner/Mina too much (X.x) i love the Skinner/Jekyll (if you don't like you don't have heart) but this is a good fic ¡ah! please at least make a chapter with the sweet doctor Jekyll (Kissing Skinner ¡it's a joke! XD)
TheSongOfNature chapter 3 . 4/18/2007
Update soon please
StormyWolfBowler chapter 3 . 4/6/2006
Yay, another Skinner fic. :D Oh, and I have to agree with Funyun up there. Anyways is not a word. There is no "s" ;D Just a disgruntled English Major ranting I'm afraid. Keep up the great work!
madamwolf chapter 3 . 10/2/2005
Oh come on... Please update soon please. I wanna read more of this please write more.
samuraicat1019 chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
I say poo for all you! I think this storry it absolutely wonderful and you need to update!
DiabloCat chapter 3 . 9/3/2004
Hey, not bad. Write another chap, plz? I like some of the phrases in there - a scream that would have made any little girl proud, etc
Fritz Will Get You chapter 3 . 8/1/2004
Poor, Poor skinner... *tries not to laugh*
Ya hi chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
OH! I LOVE IT! PLEASE UPDATE! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! PLEASE! ITS SPECTACUlar
Keyanna chapter 3 . 5/18/2004
Wow. Okay, first half of this chapter was spectacular, with a very conscious eye to the physical realities of someone who's just been severely injured. However, I found it difficult then to believe that Skinner would have been able to walk and fell only due to tripping over a stool. It would seem a good deal more reasonable to me if his legs just gave out after a couple of steps (and I'm remembering here the trouble he had with just sitting up).
The dialogue with Mina seemed a little stilted; again, I recommend that the closeness you want to develop between them be allowed to grow more slowly, with more reticence on both parts (neither of them seems to me to be the 'oh, let me bare my soul right now' type). If this is still very difficult, I suggest switching to third person rather than first as an experiement (though I recognize how difficult it would be to capture Skinner's experience in this manner).
I did, however, find Skinner's humming of the lullaby to cope with the pain to be extremely touching. It's got the subtlety that I didn't see as much in the other parts because it seems a genuine, spontaneous development. Some of your best parts are the most subtle-seeming sidenotes. They manage to have a great deal more impact than explicitly stating the emotional experience. Keep working on this; it's a big strength in your writing.
P.S. And write another chapter soon!