Reviews for Sometimes the Cliché is True
cal40241 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
these were really good. i really liked the brass section!
Linnet chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Very nice. Some awesome little lines in there-both funny and sad. 'the Malaysian cricket' and 'it was just so hard to keep moving' particularly. You seem to have a good grasp on all the characters.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
I don't usually read CSI 'fics - CSI romance annoys me, and guess what 99% of the stories here are? On a whim, I read this story... congrats, this is the first and last CSI 'fic ever to make it to *my* favorites list!
Taa chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
When Grissom looks up after his newest explanation during that typical round of coffee-conversation to Sara’s inquiry as to whether or not Nick was seeing someone, and says, “You really ought to start dating again,
Quill-32 chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
"Grissom, Part Two" and "Atticus Finch". Marvelous. So in-character, all the way 'round.
annie chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
i like this. it's simple but good, or good cuz it's simple. . .ya probably know what i mean. anyway, yeah. i really like it a lot
Astralis chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
This was fantastic - I really enjoyed it. Very true to character for each of them.
Charming-Storm chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
Wow - I'm amazed! I never expected this - this little ficlet that is so true to character and witty. I'm impressed, keep up the good work !
Varda's Servant chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
this was great, i really loved it. some are sweet, some are funny, and some are so, so sad. keep up the great work.
NotAfraid chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Sorry it took me so long to review, but I plan on it.
Congrats, BTW, on "Blood in the Water."
So, I have to say Doc Robbins and Brass were the two most interesting one. I think Brass's last thought is by far the saddest, though Robbin's main idea, about who examines the coroner, is an interesting though. Only you Wintertime...
Update something else soon. I enjoy your work so much, words can't desribe.
Sillie chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Cute. _
East-Wing-Witch chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I like it. Good idea, simple and yet touching in it's own way.
AngelWings8 chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Wonderful character analysis done in short snippets of lives. Amazing.
Kathryn Mason-Sykes chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Very nicely done. I think my favorite has to be Doc Robbins, though each of them have their particular qualities. I love the insight they provide. And hey, isn't that the point of a drabble after all? I can see Brass worrying about Ellie much more than he lets on after their encounter with her. And I can see Greg's role model being Atticus Finch. I would have never thought to put the two together, but after I saw it written there, just WHAM! The thoughts fell into place.
I never looked at Sara's reaction to a rape scene as being invoked by the happy pictures around the room, but I think that would probably be that little extra oomph into empathy.
I love that Grissom is the one who said that Nick needs to get out and date again. It's so...perfect like that.
Warrick calculating odds of donuts as bought by Grissom...really, it's kinda sad. But we do what it takes to keep ourselves sane...
I always wondered why Catherine didn't switch shifts after Eddie died, because I honestly don't think she sleeps. Maybe a couple hours while Lindsey is at school, but she's still got errands to run and more things to do than many other mothers who aren't single. Speaking of, is Catherine technically a widow? I mean, I was unsure of whether her an Eddie's divore was ever finalized, or if they were still just separated.
Ah, Grissom. I can totally see him getting a snake and Sara saying its a cop-out. But I don't see it like that. I think he would be better off wit a cat, or even a rat, since they are highly intelligent, but I can see Grissom standing in his living room, snake in his hands, slithering to and fro between the two.
Excellent piece. Now finish Blood in the Water! Please. :-)
Talifiney chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Wow. I-Wow. I loved that. Very well done. I believe Killing Mockingbirds was my favorite, but they all are done very well. I'm speechless really, so I'm repeating myself...
-xTali