Reviews for Foundation's Future
ILgolfer chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
I stumbled across the Foundation stories and find yours as good as anyone's here at Fanfic. Having read the original trilogy some 38 yrs ago in college, I tip my hat to you fine sir as someone who has adapted the story to fit the great master's style and readability, bravo!
HaarFager chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
I intend to get back to this story sometime in the future. As it stands now, life has kind of gotten in the way and I lost both my parents to cancer and broke up with my girlfriend, so I'm trying to get back on an even keel. Right now I'm readying one of my manuscripts to send to a publisher who has requested it. But, I have every intention of finishing this Foundation book as well.
Asimov Fan chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Please continue this!
Raven Dagger chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Liked your story.I too have certain ideas about the Foundation we write a sequel to the series together?If so,mail me at subramaniam.
Queen of Pi chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Travise assenting to the deal so quickly seems very...naive. And Dr. Pelorat would neve be stupid enough to publish a paper on Gaia. Like the Second Foundation, it would be unable to function and attempts would be made to demolish it should its existence be discovered.

And, to respond to the previos reviewer, there is no garantee that intelligent life else where would have anything even romotly similar to our mental makup. Just becasue the aliens would think and function differently would by no means make them stupider or less efficient in their conquering methods.

Despite this, i think the story has potential to become an interesting story, provided the plot is not oversimplified. Though, given that the last update was nearly three years ago, I have little hope that I shall see more.
Karsus chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Hmm... having to sign in, as no doubt had a terrible effect on your reviews(not to mention the fact that you've written a Foundation story :) ).
I'd personally have suggested, a minor crossover with some more often read series, and putting your story in there.
I seem to recall Brano intending to leave the Far Star in Trevize's hands, so he doesn't exactly need help getting it back.
And he's no hero to the Foundation(nobody knows what he did). Nor could Pelorat write anything about Gaia. His knowledge of spacer worlds, would probably lift his fame into the stars(in his line of work anyway).
Hmm... Personally, the only thing i'd like to see in a Foundation and Earth sequel, is the complete and utter extermination of everything on and in Gaia. Even the basic concept of it is revolting. Humans fused with lesser animals, and suffering from the mentality of the Asimov's Robots. Laws that keep slaves, slaves, aren't supposed to be adopted by the main stream.
Besides, a galaxy of non-unified humans even will not fall to any casual invader. Plus, most mental systems have to be similar to ours, making Trevize's conclusion stupid.
Dang.. betrayed by Gendibal's pride :)
Well... as you can see, i'm in a bad mood.
Anyway, i really loved the Foundation, and any attempt to carry it on is very welcome.
(Just make sure that Gaia doesn't survive in one piece. The human race can learn to adapt, without such desperate measures... Long live the Second Foundation! :) )
PrincessEilonwy chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I like it! This is really similar to Asimov's style, which I enjoy. I don't think I'd have been quite so quick to agree to the deal, but at this point I guess Trevize really doesn't care what happens to the government, does he? Landow sounds almost like Gendibal. . .only slightly more unscrupulous. By the way, I'm writing my own "sequel". . .of sorts. It doesn't make much sense as yet, but I enjoy it. Write more!