Reviews for The Protege
Gravity Fair chapter 13 . 9/8/2013
This was amazing. Every once in a while I'll watch a favorite movie of mine or read a favorites book and it'll get me wondering: has someone written a fanfic about this? Especially if the ending if gut wrenching and full of exquisite despair. Leon was one of those movies that I watched today and I just thought someone must have written something. A story where Leon doesn't die. Then I found this! But I have to admit I was disappointed once I got to chapter 13 and realized it was an epilogue. My heart is in pieces. I wanted more interaction between them. Maybe an eventual kiss at least. Sighhhh... But ah well. You wrote this story a long time ago (nearly 10 years!) and it was a very sweet and wonderful ending. Thank you so so sooo much for writing this! I love you! Keep writing! I'm on my way now to see what else you've written.

Grav.
Aliens ate my brains chapter 13 . 6/26/2013
You should have been in charge of making the movie! :D This is soooo much better! Thank-you for a wonderful story! Have you thought about writing another one maybe?! I don't know more "um cough" risky? If you catch my drift?! :D
Matt chapter 13 . 8/13/2012
Thanks, this is great, i can help but feel emotionally attached to the movie so the ending is too hard and even though its my favorite movie of all time i hardly ever watch when i do i can imagine an ending like this. Thanks
CallMeSweetie chapter 13 . 7/5/2012
Wow. Thank you for giving them the happy ending they should have gotten in the first place. Wish there were more fics like this.
rhain572 chapter 13 . 10/30/2011
Wonderful story, and I agree, they did deserve a happy ending, but I can't see either of them settling down with children. Matilda is too young and restless, and Leon just doesn't mesh well with the whole family thing. I think that their 'happy ending' would probably be more along the lines of them forming the best 'cleaning' company in Italy, or something like that.
cybersteel5780 chapter 13 . 10/13/2011
Very interesting story. I liked!
TFFyeah chapter 13 . 4/24/2011
Thaaaank you for writing what I think should be the sequel! I loved it all! The story, your writing, the ending... ) THUMBS UP!
Harland White chapter 13 . 11/9/2010
By the way, for anyone who doesn't find Leon's survival possible: There was a man named Jim Lucas who was a marine in WW2. He was the youngest man to earn the Medal Of Honor when he threw himself on 2 grenades. He managed to bury one before they exploded and he survived-to serve again in the Korean War. His story was told in the book "Indestructable".

Also, it is quite possible to survive a direct gunshot wound to the head as well. Google it, you'll find several examples and news articles about people who have. Leon's survival, while somewhat unlikely, was indeed possible.
Harland White chapter 13 . 11/9/2010
Why doesn't Luc Besson work with Tripetta and turn this into something? At least a book sequel to the movie? From now on, I consider this to be an official sequel, whether Besson accepts it or not. This is the ending Leon and Mathilda deserve.

Besson has, frankly, been a prick about creating a sequel. Everyone wants one, wants -something-, and he just keeps saying "screw you". I think this story should be harvested and turned into something official.
Mathildaleonfan chapter 13 . 5/3/2010
I just want to express my thanks to you for writing this. I needed this happy ending very much, as ever since I have seen the uncut version I have been so affected by this movie that I can't explain it. How can a movie be so engrossing and seem almost like it really happened? Sorry to be so melodramatic, but this little story helped to resolve some of my frustration at how Besson ended the the movie. Perhaps it was the only way he really could have ended it, but still...

Thanks for a great story!
darktwilight418 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I loved this story! The entire thing. I always wondered what might have happened if Leon had actually lived and not died. I really like how in the end you had them living somewhere with children. I thought it was great how you used his "job" in her life. I really liked how she kind of had his personality...especially when it came to dealing with the opposite sex.
JediMasterAnya chapter 13 . 10/22/2009
You are right about Leon and Mathilda deserving a happy ending. Excellent story.
sunako1 chapter 13 . 10/21/2009
omg i love you! i love your story soo much ty ty ty ty you did a wonder job.
vmg chapter 13 . 4/27/2009
For a long time I thought I was the only person who obsessed about characters in movies. About what could've been and should've been. But i'm glad to find out I am not. I am so glad I found this website. The movie "Leon: The Professional" is one of my favorite movies of all time and finally I feel a sense of closure. This ending is very satisfying to me. You are such a gifted writer. Thanks for writing this story. I loved it. D
Lizwontcry chapter 12 . 4/9/2009
I know I'm rather late to the party, but what an amazing story this was. I do wish there was more after they moved to Italy, but I suppose that's a detail better left in our heads. But this was amazing and inspiring and thank you so much for writing it. You have such an interesting eye for detail that made it so refreshing to read. I hope wherever you are today, you are writing something.