Reviews for Dancing Within Walls
kk44 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
oh...my...god... i love this fic! its so sad and sweet, just like i always imagined their parting!
forever - a i n e chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
It was very, very good. Astounding. Thanks for writing it! :)
Lillz chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
beautiful. really, really beautiful. so sad.

this is going on my favourites *sniffles(
demeter d chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Hmm, any point in reviewing, I wonder? Story posted in 2004, last review in 2005. But here goes. i was scrolling down my own favorites list for a quick read, and one of the authors has pulled all of their own stories and "gone on hiatus." I do not even remember what their story had been that I liked. But their own favorites list had been left behind, and there was this story. And I know I used as many tissues as the other reviewer! The two frozen for just a moment in time, re-living their lives together in a breath. His memories and hers seem to swirl together in a rhythm like a dance. Achingly lovely!
silverymare chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
I felt tears welling up.

I soaked a tissue.

'nuff said.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
That was so beautiful and bittersweet. Wonderful, wonderful depiction of their bond and relationship. The descriptions and metaphors were vivid and fitting, and the emotion was well-handled and heartbreaking. Amazing fic!

Avalon
alena chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
Every line of this piece is perfect. I am really quite in awe here, of its delicately balanced and deep-reaching emotions, as well as of the rich, flowing language. Thank you. It's a marvel.
Itarille chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
A beautiful story. *wipes tears away* It's so sad!
Bejai chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
But such good sap! Sap and a metaphor - that's really all you need in life! See, people liked it. *Points to reviews and runs off, singing "I told you, I told you!"*
I must say, my very favorite line is this. I caught me the first time I read it, and it speaks to me still: "He catches glimpses of her own thoughts, and like the artist that surveys his own work with a biased love, he sees her happiness, her anticipation, her desire for the man she has bound herself to, and an exquisite sorrow that she feels every time her father is near." Beautiful, Sphinx, descriptive, soulful. A breathtaking turn of phrase that encompasses love and melancholy in one sweep.
Loved it, as I adore all your work. Now, I seem to remember that you have a whole list of other stories jumping around in your head. *pokes you* Off with you now! The Muses are waiting!
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Oh! This was great. You somehow managed to get this feeling into it - the movement and the transientness. Lovely.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Simply beautiful. A very difficult moment to capture but you have done extremely well. Lovely stuff.
Catmint chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
Oh wow. *wipes away tears* This is absolutely breathtaking writong. So beautiful...and so, *so* incredibly sad. There really aren't words to describe this. So much emotion...WOW.
Nemis chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
I wouldn't call it sap as if it were a bad thing, you know? ;)
You've created a combination of past happiness and present sorrow which shows the depth of the tragedy stunningly. So many poignant memories, all of them contributing to a sadness of parting and yet of coming happiness as well.
Even though Elrond and Arwen will part, Elrond knows he leaves her in good hands, "she loves her husband, and is loved in return". That is what matters, I think, and it's the only way this could possibly be right.
"and like the artist that surveys his own work with a biased love, he sees her happiness, her anticipation, her desire for the man she has bound herself to, and an exquisite sorrow that she feels every time her father is near."
I loved that. Wonderful. Thank you so much!
*showers you in chocolate elfies*