Reviews for The Thief Dilemma
Briannabell chapter 33 . 2/3
Oh crying over here lol this story was so wonderful and i aspire to be able to write something so great like this. Thanks for writing this :)
Murus chapter 33 . 6/6/2014
... wow. :D

You know, I started reading this a couple years ago, when the story stopped at about chapter 20... and it seemed that the fic died and would never be finished.
Just recently, I was happy to discover that not only did you return to it, but managed to finish it too! :)

And what a work it is. By default I'm skeptical of (quasi-)self-inserts, and so it was with this. But there wasn't much to speak of when it came to Thief fics on this site, so I took the plunge... and never looked back!
IIRC the story began as half-silly, but towards the end became genuinely gripping and worked without causing excessive disbelief.

There really isn't much to criticise that I can think of. Perhaps one thing that put a stress on believability a bit too much was just how competent and mature Otto is for an 8-year-old... and even more so when it comes to his glyph-casting skills. He feels like a bit too much of a genius ;)

But all in all, this was an excellent, fun story :)
Thank you for writing it!
TkdVZ05UUWdObUlnTmpjZ05HVWdOVF chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Whoah, this... is a nice fucking.. er... format... never seen it before.
Rasdra chapter 33 . 1/9/2014
Wow it was a shock to see this story to the end, the last time I think I checked up on it was back around 2006, its only the past few months that I got back into reading on this website after deleting all my alert list.

Fantastic story and its amazing how you'e persevered in writing it.

Are you waiting as impatiently as I am for thief 4 to FINALLY be released?

Thank you for working so hard, hope you're proud of yourself. :)
Tick chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
They were so… so… bizarre… The bolder of the two wore a shirt that looked somewhat like a very short tunic, but with no belt, although she wore some sort of trousers underneath it

Is author female? Two paragraphs tell us about clothing and no text about appearance.. This is not normal for a man to look at clothes first.
shalizeh chapter 33 . 9/24/2013
Thank you sooo much for finishing up this wonderful story (and for posting the last chapters early!) It was a fun read and now I just need to copy it on my Kindle to reread it properly :)
When I realised Daphne died I was so surprised! You actually killed her! I didn't know I was missing her so much until the portal and her first comment for Otto is that he's "cute" :) I just love her character so much.
As for Megan and Raife... I'll just go sob in a corner, I feel so sorry for them...
Wow, I can't believe it's finished, I'm going to be missing these guys and their crazy adventures. Thank you again, it was AWESOME! :)
Guest chapter 33 . 9/24/2013
dear Locker,
its the first time Im leaving you a comment but I just feel like I have to. so I just finished the last lines of the last chapter and I have to admit - the ending came so soon I didnt expect it to happen really. the last two chapters were totally unexpected but nonetheless - I loved them. I throughoutly loved the entire fanfiction (although I also have to admit that I wasnt sure about it at the beginning. you know, people are always suspicious about their favorite games and original characters being thrown into it.) and yes, I shed some tear at the end. I really did. one the one hand I felt sorry for Raife (and I really grew on him! He is an elaborated character and he and Meg are just perfect as a team and partners and whatnot) and on the other I was so so sad that everythng came to an end eventually. Meg and Daphne finally home again. Otto, Raife, Sherry and Basso left behind but somehow not left ? idk how to explain, I just wanted to drop a comment that I really loved and enjoyed all of this. thank you for your work!
shalizeh chapter 30 . 9/19/2013
I can't wait for final chapters, I'm so excited to see how the story ends! The wait for the new ones is killing me :)
Damn, Cyrus seriously doesn't know when to quit, I guess it is too much to hope for some building to fall on him before he starts his killing children spree.
Guess Matthew finally met his match, I wonder who destroys more city - he or the Trickster. So nice to see them having fun -_-
Poor Anne, I hope she'll survive the whole mess. A real pain to be a normal person, when someone decides to destory the city around you. I hope she'll be alright.
Oh, Raife and the others awaken and they're PISSED :)) I wonder who gets to Megan first to say their "thank you"? The battle between Sherry and Raife for the right to kick her ass would have been hilarious, I'm voting for Raife though - less permanent body damage for Megan that way :) And untested magic from Otto, what can possibly go wrong?
Tankred chapter 29 . 9/13/2013
Just imagine what a little bit of rust gas would have done against said screaming hordes.

And the concept of an arrow-hose isn't entirely impossible, back in the day when people routinely used a bow in warfare a skilled bowman could keep 10 arrows in the air at once.
shalizeh chapter 29 . 9/9/2013
Family reunion chapter, everyone's back together with awkward moments and girl's fighting (almost). So funny to see Sherry having about same reaction as Megan when she first confroted Raife about the letter and Megan protecting him, that was a surprise. Daphne is just adorable, as always, she loves everybody :)
So sad to see the end of the chapter. Megan is a real thief now though - drops you with a gas bomb and steals useful stuff while you sleep. And off they go to defeat a Pagan God with a bunch of water arrows and an invisibility potion. No simple paths for them, I guess.
Tankred chapter 28 . 9/8/2013
And then Garrett found a bow and went Legolas on the pagans... right?
Guest chapter 28 . 9/3/2013
Two chapters, great! Okaaay, Megan and Raife finally got to talk their problems with each other, about time! I'm surprised a legion of burricks didn't find them while they were arguing, can't imagine they were quiet about it :) Also, team work! It only takes a lot of hungry beasts to reconcile Megan and Raife. Loved reading about those two, so much fun!
I really like Thornwick's part, it's interesting to know how he sees things as a pagan. And then he just had to finish the ritual, damn. Can't be good for the girls, seeing what happened to Matthew. Well it's a hell of a mess (and a cliffhanger too! T_T), I'm dying to know how the hell are they going to sort it out!
Tankred chapter 27 . 9/2/2013
There's probably a lesson somewhere that she saved him because he needed to be saved and not because for what he was... or something.
shalizeh chapter 26 . 8/20/2013
Oh, the story continues :) Well, that was a short trip for Raife and Garrett. Although they did manage to find the Eye... and a lot of trouble too.
Basso is a saint - he has to dissuade Garret from killing people, listen to Raife and Megan (they should take therapy sessions together - saves much time, no? :) ), save damsels and some boys in distress, run away from a legion of angry Hammers and get yelled at by Sherry for his trouble. I kind of feel that by the end of this whole mess he would miss Pavelock.
Daphne knows how to make a flashy entrance, strangle people to near death (poor Otto, it's his crazy "sisters" with their affection again :) ) and make friends. Love how Sherry starts bossing everyone around when she goes missing. Aaaand we have another "save them all" mission again, no rest for the wicked :)
Tankred chapter 26 . 8/20/2013
Oh man, I can't imagine that getting rescued by the girls will do anything for Garrett's mood.