Reviews for At the End of All Things
WhalesEverywhere chapter 34 . 1/12
I know it's been a very long while since you actually wrote and published this but I can't help but write a review! Sadly i was 8 when you first wrote this and had no particular interest in fanfics despite my love for the lore of middle earth!

Anyway, I love your story. The first few chapters really tugged at my heart cause how you personified Sam's depression really, really struck the same bouts as mine. His is worst of course but I feel his pain all the same. Amazingly written, I love how you follow the book-verse as close as possible so it flows alongside your AU. I love your characterisations, and generally how the story pans out till the very end. Good job and I love you so much for writing this story! I cried so many times ahaha! Very well done!
Tithenannisss chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
I can't believe I finally found the original!
Okay so, this was one of the first fanfiction I've ever read. At that time, I didn't even understand the meaning of "fanfiction". I didn't even had internet connection at home. I went to a small library to read "those stories that followed the book but weren't written by Tolkien". I came across a website that translated English and German fanfictions to Hungarian. I have your fanfiction printed out in Hungarian for almost 10 years now. Your story means so much for me. I can't even express just how much it means to me that now I can say this directly to you. I'm not even sure you'll read this but. Thank you. Thank you so much.
ladybug114 chapter 34 . 10/4/2013
Wow. That story was... wow. I just discovered this story a few days ago, and i just finished it. I love Sam, just like you- he's probably my favorite character!
This story itself was spectacularly written. The amount of detail you included was great, and it was obvious you did research to make it authentic. It was exciting without being unrealistic.
So... yeah. Fantastic- one of the best stories I've ever read!
dreamflower02 chapter 34 . 5/17/2013
I realize it has been a long time since this story was posted, but just thought I'd let you know it is one of the most unique and well-crafted AUs I have seen in a long time!

I'm sorry I did not find it sooner than this, but very glad that I found it now!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 34 . 8/7/2012
Bravo, Bravo! Thank you for a wonderful tale!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 7 . 8/6/2012
This is breaking my heart. Sam has been my favorite character since I first read the trilogy 40 years ago. I can only hope, as you did with Tim McGee (my fave NCIS char.) that you'll make sure there's a happy ending.
Kaelynn Mckay chapter 34 . 7/8/2010
Oh wow!

Another absolutely beautiful story by you! When I started reading this, I didn't realize who had written it, only that I loved it as much as the last one I had read (You other one) and I was thinking about how lucky it was to find two amazing stories to read one after another. Now I know why they were both so amazing: They have a common author! :D

I love this story and am definitely going to add it to my favorites. God bless you and I hope you keep writing!

PS: If you ever do write another LOTR fanfic, I will assuredly read it. :D I really hope you do! You are a very talented author!

Kaylee M
cookiefleck chapter 34 . 3/11/2006
Wonderful, wonderful story... thank you so much for writing it! Big hugs.
Janna Silver Hawkins chapter 34 . 7/23/2004
*sigh*

Now the Precious is happy. Every time I got on my computer and saw that you had updated I went crazy! Thank you so much for putting this story up, yellowrose! Namarie, mellon*.

*Farewell, friend.
szhismine chapter 34 . 7/22/2004
*sniff*

last chapter! no!

very good last chapter, though. i'm glad Hertig is alright!

and i'm very glad Sam is recovered. :D

great fic! i'm sad it's done, but i really enjoyed reading it. :)

keep up the excellent writing!
Sam chapter 34 . 7/20/2004
Noo! It's done :( But I really liked this chapter. What with all that Sam had been through, I doubt he would have immediantely woken up and been back to normal. This hobbit has been through torture and pain and complete hell so it would obviously take a while to return to a happy state.

You are going to work on a new story aren't you? I hope so. If you do, could you let me know? I loved how Frodo eaves dropped on Merry and Rosie and how Hertig came back at the end and told the Shire what happened.

This story was wonderful and amazing and truly lovely. I loved every word of it, even those chapters that just had info and no action in them :) Can not wait to see what new story you think up!
Indolosse chapter 34 . 7/20/2004
After just reading the whole fic, I'd just like to say that I really loved your story. It held my interest the whole way through - never a dull moment, and I think you handled all the characters really well. I especially liked those miserable earler chapters back in Minas Tirith _. Anyway, thanks for posting such a warm, entertaining, not to mention nice and long story, and thanks for *many* hours of entertainment! Now I'm way behind in my schoolwork! :D And it's all your fault! :D :D :D
Kriszta chapter 34 . 7/19/2004
O, I always have fun when I am translating, but when it comes to your fantastic story, it's a double pleasure!

I am completely satisfied with the ending. Poor Sam, he must suffer a very similar depression to Frodo, and he's not able just to shake it off and be happy. It's realistic, you did a great job!

I was afraid that Jolly's death will stand between him and Rosie, but this didn't happen, fortunately, and he started to heal. An I am very-very pleased that you have the whole Shire learn what these four travellers did, unlike Tolkien! It's so sad in the books that the people of the Shire don't appreciate a bit what they did, because they mostly don't know or don't want to know about it. That is also a realistic thing, shame on us in the real world, but you made me happy. Thanks!
Althea chapter 34 . 7/19/2004
This was just right for a closing chapter. It was a perfect ending. I very much enjoyed Rosie and Merry's talk about how alone Sam was for so long. Sam's self doubts were a nice touch too. I can understand how Sam would need more reassurance from Frodo after everything he had been through. It was good to see how much Rosie, Merry, and Frodo care for Sam. I'm glad Hertig made an appearance at the end. I am going to miss this story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
baileymag chapter 34 . 7/19/2004
Holy crap. Magnificent. Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT ending to an amazing story. You just had to pack in the angst up until the end, didn't you? ;-) Seriously, I appreciated how you acknowledged that Sam and Frodo went through traumatic stuff and that they still had to slog through the healing process. Everything wasn't wrapped up in a neat little happy package with a pretty bow just because the Shire had been saved and they were together again. I'm also glad that Hertig's okay!

OT for a moment-I received your e-mail reply. Gah, I feel stupid! I was re-reading your chapter (because I liked it so much!) when I noticed the author's note, and I incorrectly assumed that you had put it there before I wrote my review. I should have listened to myself when I thought, 'Huh, I didn't see that there before.' Sorry for any confusion. I really need to be locked up!

Back to the review: I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for dreaming it up and sharing it with us. I'm so impressed with your writing and you hold the distinction of being the first author to make me teary-eyed. The drama was moving and enthralling, but I'm still glad that Sam had a happy ending. I promised to harangue you for another story, so let's just say I can't wait for your Boromir adventure. I've always liked him too! Congratulations on a job well done!