Reviews for Promises of a Long Lost Friend
22cosmicexplosions chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I loved your fanfic. It was lovely. Definitely well-written. I would like to commend your use of a different point of view. It made the story all the more interesting.
faithandfearcollide chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Excellent story, looking forward to more. Plz update soon.
aliross33 chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
never really did appreciate angst until you.

beautifully written, all of them.
lorelai halliwell chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
i know how luke feels

lovely it is
Snooboostoo chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
Loved it, it was very sweet and sad.
crazy-dreams chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I love a well-written Luke POV and this most certainly counts as one. It's real and Luke's acceptance of the way things are is so bittersweet it hurts.
Ruby Garnet chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
Your lovely review reminded me that I was going to finish reading the rest of your stories; thank you. This was beautiful. Definitely one of the best Luke POV stories out there. It makes me so sad (then I remember that they're together now and I smile again) because I'm 100% sure that this is exactly how he felt when she was dating *him*. There's a quote that's something like, "The hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love someone else." You do a brilliant job of packing a whole lot of punch into a small amount of space - thanks for writing this. A personal favorite: "You’ve scripted it so completely and never do you let yourself dream that it ends happily." Tear.
luv2sk8er chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
Wow.

Thank God for Favorites pages, otherwise I would never have discovered this gem. Beautifully written, extremely in-character, and just heartbreaking. Definitely one of the best one-parters I've ever read.
Etana1 chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
A beautifully written character piece.
innie chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Wow, what a gorgeous story! I like that the parentheses are things Luke can't quite admit, even to himself. Nice touch.
CIAChick chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
"because you have all the other, all the best, parts of her. And that’s enough. (For now.)"

Aww gorgeous way to end it. Lovely angst overall. Bravo! I hope your muse prods you to write something a little longer, but for now I've enjoyed this!
UniquelyMe chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
The first person POV really worked for this story. You’ve captured Luke perfectly. Moreover, you’ve captured Lorelai perfectly from Luke’s POV. I loved the phrases in brackets… They’re almost like secret whispers to the audience. A great effect. What a beautiful ending. A great way to cap an amazing story.

Some favourite lines:

“She reads you better than anyone you’ve ever known and it wrecks you that maybe she’s known all along.
Lula Bo chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Ah! You're killing me with the lovely and the sad! It's beautiful-outstanding.
Erin Kaye Hashet chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
Wonderful. Very elegant, believable prose, and you get inside Luke's mind so well. I hope you write more than just fanfic!
Copperboom chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Wow! So sad, but just right. It's an interesting take on Luke's motivation and feelings about his relationship with Lorelai. The second person voice is different, but it adds a layer of distance, kind of the way Luke keeps his feelings at arms-length, so it works well.